For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Wow! Best episode of Kurtzman era Star Trek - by a long shot. I’ve been let down before by recent Star Trek, but as an episode alone this felt more right than anything I’ve seen since in a long time.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
That was a VERY excellent episode I just watched. It really felt like TNG all over again. I loved all the appearances (except Elnor perhaps...didnt really fancy him) and the plot.
Very excited to see whats up next!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
So I'm not following this show but I have a question:

At what point did the Borg go from geometrical shapes to pussy spaceships?

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fantastic episode 1 for sure. The plot points were delivered very well. The reuniting of the characters was fantastic. The bringing back of an old foe 'apparent' with an axe to grind specifically for Picard is long awaited. The possible old foe being 'levelled up' OR it being a new foe with tracings of an old, remains to be seen. I know some have an issue with the constant "battle" in the newest Trek series' but I don't necessarily agree.

Watching Stewart age is heart breaking. Tis a part of life, indeed, but he has been such a part of our lives.

Is it possible that Jeri Ryan gets more and more beautiful as she ages? Its unreal.

And and and .. Q. Just hearing that voice ... gave me shivers.

CANT WAIT for the next ep.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
...and all hopes from episode 1 go down the drain :-(

spoiler below:
Mirror? I mean, "kind of mirror" - really? We had that often enough.Person goes to MM and has to find her/their way back. Kirk did it, DS9 did it, ENT did it (kind of) and DISC did it. Whatever happened to "boldly go where noone has gone before"? Why are we revisiting this boring MM universe?
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Dunnagh wrote: ...and all hopes from episode 1 go down the drain :-(
There are some highlights. The shots of Seven waking up are beautifully done, hiding where her implants would be. In general, the 'leap in" sequences were well done.

Plus, there are great moments when Seven and Picard face the Queen.

I didn't realize how much needed Patrick Stewart and John DeLancie biting at each other. Heck, just have Stewart yell "Fuck you!" at Delancie for hours. Man, I'm fucking loving these new bitching standards.
lotjx2 wrote:Episode 2 Review: Dark Mirror
https://comicbookspotlight.com/2022/03/ ... -2-review/
7:30 Name dropping is not great, but getting all these folks back would be expensive.

10:00 Generally, the writers really fucked Jurati in this one. Really, mumbling your way through a presentation like a twelve year old that didn't study? And Arguing with an ex during a battle?

17:50 Really like the Combadge knife.

24:45 More Deep Space Nine? I wonder what happened in LA in 2024?

26:50 The dyslexia was established in Discovery Season 2.

29:20 All three seasons of Picard are ten episodes. Yes, Season Three will be the last.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
@Faithful Reader I didnt like that 7o9-shot - it was super obvious her implants were gone - it was just a question when she would realize it (and I find those scenes tedious to watch)

Agnes was very much annoying in nearly all of her scenes - and Elnor doesnt really add something to the show either.

What I really liked was the slingshot reference. It was kinda awkward that Kirk/Spock did that but noone ever thought of it.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Few thoughts on the 2 episodes so far:

- Best live action modern Trek episodes so far.
- I "like" this Confederation much better then the Mirror Universe. The Mirror Universe was over the top, and this seems more grounded/believable. It which I mean, you don't appear to advance rank thru assassinations. The hate and malice is directed out instead of within. More plausible as a cautionary tale instead of an over the top, everyone is evil MU.
- I really didn't like Raffi's reaction (or lack there of) to Elenor causally killing people. I don't mind it from Elnor. He's a warrior like Work. But the Starfleet commander should at least be sad that it was necessary.
- My gut theory so far is that part of the reason Q is so mad is that the Stargazer was humanity failing the latest test. They were afraid and untrusting of the Borg (for good reason), but in doing so, ended up escalating a situation and attacking someone that was asking for help, proving that humanity maybe hadn't really changed from the courts where you were guilty first.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
@boromirofborg

Rafis reaction only makes sense IF everyone is evil. Then obviously it´s deemed ok to kill people.

And I also feel your gut feeling is right on this one. Then again, the Queen attacked first :-/

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Dunnagh wrote:And I also feel your gut feeling is right on this one. Then again, the Queen attacked first :-/
Did she?

She said I need power and plugged in to a power source. Then the shooting started, and she (to the verbal surprise of the cast) was stunning people.

This first thing that came to my mind was in many version of King Arthur, the final battle happens during a truce, when one of Mordred (the bad guy)'s men raises his sword to kill a snake. People assume an attack, and the battle is on, King Arthur is mortally wounded and given the the Lady of the Lake, etc.

It was a reasonable assumption, being that Mordred was famous for treachery, and it's a reasonable assumption in PIC because the Borg are the Borg.

Q's *tests* usually require Picard as a representative of humanity to look beyond the obvious. To see that the jellyfish isn't attacking, but rescuing. To understand the nature of anti-time...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
ep3: Unlike the Borg Queen, I was not impressed.

positive: Elnor dies
negative: his annoying spot is immediately taken over by Rafi
Really feels like Voyagers "Futures End"
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Picard Season 2 is really hitting all the right notes for me. It's not perfect, and it's not the same as Star Trek of old, but it is Star Trek. So far, 3 episodes in, it's intriguing as hell and really well done. It's obvious the people working on it are really big fans of TNG.

-crp
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation