For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello,

Well, color me embarrassed.

I have set up a tracking spreadsheet of all of the promos that we have and when they become printable. I checked it earlier this month, and it had nothing marked. So I didn't worry about it and then I got really busy so I didn't put an article in the system explaining that.

As it turns out, that was wrong anyway. I will spend some time figuring out how this happened and fixing it. I will also work on getting the cards that should be printable ready so they can be published soon.

One final note: Promo Series Q and Promo Series XXI are still in production, and thus won't be part of this update. We just ordered more prints of them, along with the new series, and will have them in the Promenade as soon as they are assembled.

-crp

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
At our local this past weekend, we had a discussion about how the promos were supposed to become available today...but probably wouldn't.

By Winner of Borg (Stefan Slaby)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E European Continental Champion 2023
1E Austrian National Champion 2023
2E Austrian National Champion 2022
1E Borg Region Regional Champion 2023
2E Borg Region Regional Champion 2023
just a reminder that 0VP265 Borg Cutting Beam (2019's Contintentals Promo) is still completely missing from the db.

By Winner of Borg (Stefan Slaby)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E European Continental Champion 2023
1E Austrian National Champion 2023
2E Austrian National Champion 2022
1E Borg Region Regional Champion 2023
2E Borg Region Regional Champion 2023
eberlems wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:04 pm
Winner of Borg wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:09 am just a reminder that 0VP265 Borg Cutting Beam (2019's Contintentals Promo) is still completely missing from the db.
not completely missing, just not shown.
ok then, why is a promo from a *past* event not shown?
(assuming that for some reason people didn't want to spoiler it back in 2019, it should at the very least have been visible since the day after the last 2019 continentals?)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Thread moved to All Things Trek as it is not related to an article.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
harry696 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:56 pm Can you provide us with an approximate date when the March 2022 printable promos will become available?
Two weeks later...still no promos.

Also, no surprise.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
harry696 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:56 pm Can you provide us with an approximate date when the March 2022 printable promos will become available?
I am aiming to have them posted early in May 2022.
admiral-mogh wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:00 am I thought the move from January to March was to make sure the promos were ready on time? :shifty:
It was moved so that the work didn't have to get done over the busy end-of-year holiday season. Of course, this wasn't the issue this time - the issue was that the tools I use to keep track didn't tell me anything was printable this time. I trusted it and didn't double check.
Cmdr Xym wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:57 pm Players: "It's been three weeks...where's the printable promos?"

The CC: (crickets)
If you are looking for a particular response, I suggest tagging me in the future. By putting at at symbol - @ - before my name, I get a notification. I rarely browse forums outside the 1E sphere these days, so your lack of response from me was simply due to not seeing this thread.

But, it's become clear to me that I no longer have the bandwidth nor the patience to continue managing this. I've asked my fellow board members to help me transition most of the promo work (aside from the game-specific work that is part of my Director job) to other volunteers. I hope that whomever takes these jobs on does a better job than I have done.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:24 pm Charlie addressed this at the Board Meeting yesterday. Here's the recording, starting at the 54:37 mark when we started the discussion.
Thanks for the info, Maggie. Guess I didn't realize listening to the meeting would be a pre-requisite to getting a simple answer. Bottom line is, January promos got bumped to March then May (to date). Hopefully someone will take this burden off Charlie's shoulders.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation