For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds premieres two weeks from tomorrow on Thursday may 5, coinciding with the second season finale of Star Trek: Picard. There are two ways to look at this series; as a spinoff of Star Trek: Discovery or the longest time between a pilot and series order.

As with other series, let's do a draft. I'll list the main characters below and you'll pick a pair no one else has. If they are in a alone scene together, you get a point. Whoever ahs the most points in the end wins. In thee vent of a tie, the first person to post will win.

You have until the end of the month to make your pick.

Christopher Pike
Una Chin-Riley
Spock
M'Benga
La'an Noonien-Singh
Nyota Uhura
Christine Chapel
Erica Ortegas

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
La'an Noonien-Singh
Nyota Uhura

I don't think it will happen often, but I can see a Security/First Contact Communication thing...
 -  
This was a great week for scoring. As long as you had Una. As it stands, abargar7510 and weyounslastclone are on the board while jadziadax8 and armus extend their lead with the alter having the tiebreaker.

There is still plenty to go with seven more episodes.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:05 pm This was a great week for scoring. As long as you had Una. As it stands, abargar7510 and weyounslastclone are on the board while jadziadax8 and armus extend their lead with the alter having the tiebreaker.

There is still plenty to go with seven more episodes.
I don't have a horse in this race, but just wanted to add...
I think you have the tiebreaker backwards. Considering that the first people to post already had an advantage that they could take the team of their choice (the later ones had to avoid duplicating) I think that the tiebreaker should go to the person who managed the same score in spite of having fewer choices available. That way, when choosing you need to weigh the option between posting quickly (to take your team of choice) or delaying your post (to take tie-breakers), and that way you're not just doubly-rewarding the people that post the fastest.

Obviously it's too late to change that now, but something to think about in the future.
 -  
Maelwys wrote: I don't have a horse in this race
I'll be doing more, feel free to jump in the pool, water's fine!
Maelwys wrote:I think you have the tiebreaker backwards.
Not that you don't have valid points (as usual) nor are you the first to consider my thinking backwards (more usual than I care to admit) but doing so would incentivize tardiness. Also, relatively few of the choices are taken. Out of fifty-six possible choices, only six were chosen. There is no lack of choices unless someone picks the specific combination you want. There are several options on the board, especially with The Big Three.

Prior to airing would you have picked Bashir and O'Brien or Paris and Kim?

Plus, and this is just between you and me, if I do this for future seasons, i may build on the choices made.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]