For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Hi everyone. Here is a post where I discuss the current state of our Star Trek: Timelines fleet.

For those that don't know, Star Trek: Timelines is a mission-solving, personnel-collecting mobile game that's been around for a few years now. I've been playing almost since day one. I am the Admiral (founder) of the Continuing Committee fleet, a grouping of players that work together toward common goals that grant additional rewards. Our fleet is (currently) made up entirely of TrekCC players. If you haven't joined a fleet, or if you see this and pick up the game on your own, feel free to join. The fleet is called Continuing Committee. It's not (currently) publicly listed and is invite-only, but I accept all incoming invites.

For those of you that are in the fleet, I want to address the attrition problem. We had a decent number of players at one point, but we have lost a number of them to attrition and inactivity. Players get tired of the game and move on, and that's understandable. However, due to the smaller size of our fleet, we have also lost a couple of our best players, that have chosen to join larger, more active fleets.

I have always (at the request of our fleet) kept the fleet invite-only so that all in-game conversations would be between players that (more or less) already know each other. However, with the smaller size of our fleet, I now ask the opinion of you all: should we modify the fleet to be open invite and publicly listed?

Speaking of inactivity, my current policy has been that (since we aren't a full fleet) I allow players to remain in the fleet unless they have been inactive for over a year, at which point I kick them out (well, whenever I happen to notice them). I will be changing this policy to the following:

If you are in a squadron, you will be removed from the fleet after 30 days of inactivity (unless the squadron commander elects to remove you from the squadron before that date).

If you are not in a squadron, you will be removed from the fleet after 90 days of inactivity.

These changes will be put into effect when I log into the game tomorrow night (roughly 24 hours from this post).

Thanks for listening, all.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't know if I am still in there, but you can remove me since my devices are no longer supported. Maybe, when my tablet dies and I get a new one, I will rejoin later.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm fine opening it up as well. They are adding in more fleet stuff and we need the manpower I think...

:thumbsup:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The roster has been culled and we are now open enrollment. I tried to squeeze a little info and fleet guidelines into the "Message of the Day" section.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]