For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

How much would you donate to get the continental champion to worlds?

100$
20%
50$
40%
10$
No votes
0%
5$
20%
1$
20%

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:03 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:27 am Did you miss the part where London won this year's bid (and in fact was the *only* bid)?

They were the ones who asked to defer to 2023 leaving no bids for 2022. It was only through outreach and asking that Eric R was able to accommodate.

Also, before last year, the last Worlds in the US was 2017. It was supposed to be back in 2020 but, you know, COVID. So Maggie deferred a year to host in 2021.

So you had two chances to go to Worlds in not-the-US before the pandemic hit, and you'll have another chance next year.

There's plenty of ways to criticize the CC, but "Worlds is always in the US" isn't one of them.
This is partially not true. I have put in bids for major events and basically been rejected out of hand because, to put it colloquially, I'm either too far away from anything or I'm too close to MN take your pick. This year the problem was MN already having NACC so I wasn't asked but those in the decision making circle do *know* that I was available as an option.

I could have hosted world's this year and would have gladly done so AND thus been able to Livestream call the games exactly as I did earlier (which is where the inspiration originated btw).
Huh. That's the first I've heard of this. My understanding was London was the only Worlds bid for this year.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:55 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:42 pm Nothing. It's almost a joke. You want a "REAL" Championship, Do it Online. SO THE WORLD CAN PLAY! :borg:
Um, Android Mobile-based players cannot join your supposedly "Online" World Event. It is only available for Desktop and laptop (and supposedly Apple) players.

The rest of us, we are stuck with paper games.

#Soong-typeSTCCGforAndroid
Then get one.
You can afford a SOong-typeAndriod... #lame #cheap #givemeabreak

MOD EDIT (nobthehobbit, 2022-08-03): Content in violation of the CoC hidden.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Wow. That's incredibly rude
, but nothing I wouldn't expect from you

StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just as I expect from you, clueless and annoying.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:42 pm Nothing. It's almost a joke. You want a "REAL" Championship, Do it Online. SO THE WORLD CAN PLAY! :borg:
Um, Android Mobile-based players cannot join your supposedly "Online" World Event. It is only available for Desktop and laptop (and supposedly Apple) players.

I think I missed this earlier... what are we talking about here?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:40 pm

There’s no Lackey app for Android devices.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 pm

Is that all? Shit, here I thought @StateofSTCCG actually built a better mousetrap for a second.

Should've known better... :roll:
Display this post.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 pm

What's your point Princess???

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:59 pm Should've known you're part of the higher power. :borg: Oh wait...
Ha! That's funny.

I've told you before, I'll take you seriously when you deliver the goods.

Say what you will about the CC (and I've said plenty), but they at least have a system in place. You can't beat something with nothing, dude.
Display this post.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]