For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Forgot to mention last week that this is the first series where each season is primarily set in a different century.

This week, we meet a baddie Vadic who has a lot of armaments and doesn't do a whole lot beyond flexing. We'll see how it works out, but I was hoping for a bit more with this supreme villain they have been hyping.

two mysteries are solved this week as Picard is the father! The revelation came fairly late and raises a lot of questions so I'm sure something will come from it next week

We also got confirmation of Worf as Raffi's boss. It was telegraphed a bit last week, to the point where it was pretty obvious and I was looking forward to anyone else being the handler. It is worth it to see Worf kicking ass again, even fi a stunt double and blur are employed.

Shaw finds his guramba and becomes the hero we know he can be but he did have some points with being outgunned. We'll see how the arc develops.

In terms of the draft, this is the second episode for Picard, Riker and Crusher and the first for Worf. Gates got paid a lot to come onto the bridge and stand there for a bit. This knocks some picks out but there is a lot more to come.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Up there with "Three Ships" (I mean whatever it is in Klingon) as one of the best episodes of nuTrek. Absolutely riveting.
lotjx2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:17 pm Man...Episode 3 was all kinds of awesome.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
abargar7510 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:26 pm Up there with "Three Ships" (I mean whatever it is in Klingon) as one of the best episodes of nuTrek. Absolutely riveting.
lotjx2 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:17 pm Man...Episode 3 was all kinds of awesome.
Spoiler Warning:
Beheadings are on Wednesdays!

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Going to wholeheartedly agree with the praise for Episode 3. The big reveal sent chills down my spine, and shockingly? Made SENSE. Also, the "eureka" moment with figuring out how they were being followed felt like a "Trek" moment in the best way.

What has me curious however, is WHY they are after Picard. And has me wondering if....it's actually Beverley they're after for once wholeheartedly. Because thinking back...her involvement with a certain something would be horrific...and potentially? Make SENSE.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Yalenus wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:48 pm Going to wholeheartedly agree with the praise for Episode 3. The big reveal sent chills down my spine, and shockingly? Made SENSE. Also, the "eureka" moment with figuring out how they were being followed felt like a "Trek" moment in the best way.

What has me curious however, is WHY they are after Picard. And has me wondering if....it's actually Beverley they're after for once wholeheartedly. Because thinking back...her involvement with a certain something would be horrific...and potentially? Make SENSE.
Well she was in charge of Starfleet Medical for Season 2 of TNG so I am sure she would have made all the right contacts for what you are alluding too. I just hope the Picard writers connected the same dots you just did.

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:06 pm Well she was in charge of Starfleet Medical for Season 2 of TNG so I am sure she would have made all the right contacts for what you are alluding too. I just hope the Picard writers connected the same dots you just did.
Yeah. Like on one hand? I can see a lot of "But she would never!". But...you put a person in a situation like what was occurring? And never becomes "just might".

It would be a very dark turn for the character, but one that in the light of everything that was going on at the time? Be dramatically appropriate and make for an AMAZING callback in the aftermath of her discussion with Picard in Episode 3.

Also, unrelated? I am very hopeful for the rumors of the Raffi/Worf spinoff. The chemistry there is absolutely glorious, and with Michelle Yeoh now a VERY hot commodity the likelihood of her being able to headline the proposed Section 31 spinoff is looking less and less. But...put Raffi and Worf as the lead and MAYBE have Georgiou drop in when they can manage?

And I think they'd have a damn watchable show on their hands .

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Yalenus wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:21 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:06 pm Well she was in charge of Starfleet Medical for Season 2 of TNG so I am sure she would have made all the right contacts for what you are alluding too. I just hope the Picard writers connected the same dots you just did.
Yeah. Like on one hand? I can see a lot of "But she would never!". But...you put a person in a situation like what was occurring? And never becomes "just might".

It would be a very dark turn for the character, but one that in the light of everything that was going on at the time? Be dramatically appropriate and make for an AMAZING callback in the aftermath of her discussion with Picard in Episode 3.

Also, unrelated? I am very hopeful for the rumors of the Raffi/Worf spinoff. The chemistry there is absolutely glorious, and with Michelle Yeoh now a VERY hot commodity the likelihood of her being able to headline the proposed Section 31 spinoff is looking less and less. But...put Raffi and Worf as the lead and MAYBE have Georgiou drop in when they can manage?

And I think they'd have a damn watchable show on their hands .
I would definitely watch that!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I thought I knew this show backwards and forwards but I have no clue what you two are referring to at all lol!

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:12 pm I thought I knew this show backwards and forwards but I have no clue what you two are referring to at all lol!
So spoiler warning
The theory is that the Changelings have absolutely no interest in Picard himself. And that Beverley is being targeted because at some point post TNG during the Dominion war, she was involved in the program that helped design the disease unleashed upon the Changelings by Section 31
 -  
Hey, did anyone else catch that there were electrical and biological signatures in the nebula?

Seven Seconds was great putting the pieces together but not sending things too far the line. The Picard Crusher talk was great in that both had positives and negatives to tehri argument Tho8gh Crusher is somewhat undermined by Picard hanging out at the vineyard for fifteen ears, but thems the breaks. I do like how neither side won that argument.

Things seemed to move because they had to with putting Riker in charge of the ship, though Shaw could take whatever is tuck up his ass out and let Seven go back to duty, though her scenes were great.

Still waiting for more from Vadic beyond moustache twirling.

Yeah, we need a Raffi and Worf series yesterday. heck, fan encouragement drove SNW onto screen and the writers do want to continue past season three is some fashion. Worf had a fantastic continuation from what we've seen in TNG/DS9. Loved the connection to Odo, great way to bring the charterer back in some fashion.

Oh yeah, the nebula had electrical and biological properties just in case anyone missed the first mention.

Looking at the draft, a couple more are falling off but we are not at the halfway point.

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:16 pm As for the speculation, I can't see Crusher engaging in
genocide
, at least knowingly.
Spoiler warning and fairly big text dump warning.

On one hand, it is a distinct moral and ethical departure. That said? At that time the Federation was facing a political power with nearly infinite capacity for infiltration and subterfuge, and practically the entire wartime infrastructure of a Quadrant supporting them. They have demonstrated their willingness to utilize biological and chemical weapons against civilian populations within their own polity, as well as utilizing genetically engineered and modified subservient races that are indoctrinated into religious fanaticism and via cloning? Can be replaced at an alarming rate.

Add in that with the Breen, the Dominion was able to strike directly at the seat of Starfleet on Earth, and the fall of Betazed to the Dominion forces? While Beverely may not go "Yep, time to murder them all. This is a morally and ethically correct course which I will lose absolutely zero sleep over", as a case of desparation or even possibly a chance to FORCE the Dominion to the negotiating table? I can see her agreeing to the result of the ethical calculus. Would she lose sleep over it, likely be absolutely disgusted with herself, and have a "In the Pale Moonlight" moment or three over it? Oh most certainly. But...I think if the chips were down, she would do it.
 -  
Yalenus wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:56 am
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:16 pm As for the speculation, I can't see Crusher engaging in
genocide
, at least knowingly.

On one hand, it is a distinct moral and ethical departure. That said? At that time the Federation was facing a political power with nearly infinite capacity for infiltration and subterfuge, and practically the entire wartime infrastructure of a Quadrant supporting them. They have demonstrated their willingness to utilize biological and chemical weapons against civilian populations within their own polity, as well as utilizing genetically engineered and modified subservient races that are indoctrinated into religious fanaticism and via cloning? Can be replaced at an alarming rate.

Add in that with the Breen, the Dominion was able to strike directly at the seat of Starfleet on Earth, and the fall of Betazed to the Dominion forces? While Beverely may not go "Yep, time to murder them all. This is a morally and ethically correct course which I will lose absolutely zero sleep over", as a case of desparation or even possibly a chance to FORCE the Dominion to the negotiating table? I can see her agreeing to the result of the ethical calculus. Would she lose sleep over it, likely be absolutely disgusted with herself, and have a "In the Pale Moonlight" moment or three over it? Oh most certainly. But...I think if the chips were down, she would do it.
I'm not saying it's impossible for the Federation to do it, especially since they did, I'm saying I have a hard time believing
Crusher
would do so. The timing kind of works out, but I have a hard time squaring the person who disagreed with wiping out the Borg and connecting the Ba'ku to the Son'a would willing commit
genocide

Now, using some of her research and time at Starfleet Medical to bioengineer it without her knowledge, maybe, but outright "Here is some DNA how would we kill a being composed of it," is not something she would willingly do.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Faithful Reader wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:29 am
Yalenus wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:56 am
genocide
, at least knowingly.

I'm not saying it's impossible for the Federation to do it, especially since they did, I'm saying I have a hard time believing
Crusher
would do so. The timing kind of works out, but I have a hard time squaring the person who disagreed with wiping out the Borg and connecting the Ba'ku to the Son'a would willing commit
genocide

Now, using some of her research and time at Starfleet Medical to bioengineer it without her knowledge, maybe, but outright "Here is some DNA how would we kill a being composed of it," is not something she would willingly do.
I believe
Beverly might if she also simultaneously developed a cure for it as well. This way she could ease her conscious that it would be used to debilitate the Changelings and force them to the Peace Talks in order to get the cure and thus no being dies. If they choose to not go for peace it would be on them and she could then sleep at night knowing they brought this upon themselves .. The Hippocratic Oath says do know harm, but every time you stick someone with a needle to vaccinate them you do harm, therefore having the cure absolves her from her own guilt.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]