For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Faithful Reader wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:29 am
Now, using some of her research and time at Starfleet Medical to bioengineer it without her knowledge, maybe, but outright "Here is some DNA how would we kill a being composed of it," is not something she would willingly do.
I could see it being that
Starfleet Medical asked her to do some Changeling Research to help identify infiltrators. Somewhere down the line she warns that if misapplied, her research could be turned into a biological weapon. A Section 31 agent totally legitimate Starfleet Medical personnel promised to do just that dispose of the research properly.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Yalenus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:02 pm ....if we ever do get newer trek properties, if Shaw shows up in 2e? His subtitle totally needs to be
Dipshit from Chicago
Can confirm plausibility. Plenty of those here, though probably not any higher percentage than anywhere else in the world.

The nagging sense of inferiority also works. We are the Second City, and that weighs on our collective psyche. :lol:
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
We can safely say that the first act is over. This played to fans of WoK which is not a bad instinct to follow and they did a good job. Plus there is an update to the changeling effects. And the nebula gave birth what with the biological reading just in case you missed the two call outs last episode.

From a character standpoint, we found out why Shaw was cold to Picard and Seven, though the latter demands further explanation. We also find out about the Riker family dynamic which is workable with the first season's Nepenthe.

No Raffi or Worf but the dots are there to connect them. One imagines the next episode will be transitional as we have these strange visions of Jack.

No movement on the draft though we are nearing the halfway point.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:17 am From a character standpoint, we found out why Shaw was cold to Picard and Seven, though the latter demands further explanation.
I think the fact that she is former Borg is enough. Seven going by her Borg name is a constant reminder of probably the worst day of Shaw’s life.

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yalenus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:02 pm ....if we ever do get newer trek properties, if Shaw shows up in 2e? His subtitle totally needs to be
Dipshit from Chicago
Put "Titanic" in front?
 -  
It is becoming a little too evident that the budget is going into the cast and not the scenery. Not even TOS went to this extreme.

I'm pretty sure no one had
Ro
on their Bingo card.
Forbes cut her teeth on TNG but was prominent in 24, BSG, True Blood, etc.
It was great to see her again The writing could have done watthour Picard and Riekr getting pissed at her. Too often this season focuses on having our characters get angry with each other.

Thankfully, we have the triumphant return of Worf and Raffi; if they do not get their own spinoff, something is wrong. Hurd has excelled with whomever she is paired with each season. We also got the latest draft from 12 Monkeys with Kirk Acevedo redefining what a Vulcan can be. He is not at the top of my list for a Vulcan but knocked it out of the park.

Speaking of the draft, a few more are off the board and there are only a couple with the potential for a full core but we will see how things turn out in the back half of the season.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I would be interested to see who you consider to still be in the draft.

For instance, using your numbers you have
Geordi as being in 6 episodes
but with
5 left and him not yet appearing
, I would consider you out; do you?

Using my numbers,
I have Riker at 4
, but
he has been in all 5 so far.
Do you consider me out? I don't because
in order to be in 5 he has to at least be in 4.
 -  
I would be interested to see who you consider to still be in the draft.
Pretty much trying to keep track of several moving targets as the series airs. So that I have more to post about than a quick review. I knock someone out when it becomes mathematically impossible but yes, only one person has a theoretically perfect docket.

Though you can expect to lose Worf next week and your Troi is very much teetering as well.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:35 am I'm pretty sure no one had
Ro
on their Bingo card.
I'm pretty sure I yelled "What the fucking fuck?!?" at the TV when that happened.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:55 pm
Ro
on their Bingo card.
I'm pretty sure I yelled "What the fucking fuck?!?" at the TV when that happened.
My reaction was a bit more muted because as soon as they said that the person was refusing to beam over, I thought for a split second that Kat Pulaski was coming back up til I realized that made no sense whatsoever.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
abargar7510 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:54 pm
Ro
on their Bingo card.
My reaction was a bit more muted because as soon as they said that the person was refusing to beam over, I thought for a split second that Kat Pulaski was coming back up til I realized that made no sense whatsoever.
I was like, but isn't McCoy long dead by now?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Ro
on their Bingo card.
I yelled, "Yes!" Like Thor seeing Hulk.

Then I got pissed at the end. Damn Hugh/Icheb BS... Still a better death though.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I vote that
genetically modified attack Tribbles
need to be the first thing from Picard added to one of the games.

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]