For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Wow that was a lot on continuity on screen. On one hand it would be nice if there as more than one ship that was mentioned that we didn't see on the other, we would not have recognized them.

Worf remains awesome with his dialogue and with kicking ass. Riker was a godsend since he recognized the signs of Data. We even got flashbacks to it.

We know what the changelings were after and it is befitting the title of the series. We also have a tease for the rest of the series.

Huge points to Mica Burton's debut. the La Forge family felt very real and I likes the kids getting together to do what their parents did. If you want to know more about the burton/la Forge family, this week's Ready Room is for you!

There is some movement with the draft but we have a couple notes, mainly for my sanity:

Note 1) We'll call the character played by Brent Spiner whom was designated M 5 B as Lore.

Note 2) With all the Changelingness going on, we probably won't know who is who until later so scores might have to be adjusted after the fact.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:39 am Note 2) With all the Changelingness going on, we probably won't know who is who until later so scores might have to be adjusted after the fact.
Wait. So if it turns out that
Beverly has been a Changeling all season
, nobody gets any points from that?

By the way, I do think that explains a lot: her asking Jack specifically about him being able to recognize Changelings, her "diagnosis" of Jack might be a cover for whatever she knows is really going on, and even the "Red Lady" bit. I think the attack on the Garrett statue was to throw off Starfleet Intelligence when they found out "Red Lady" had been intercepted. Why isn't she turning over Jack? I think she's a classic Changeling, which also explains her worry at the new Changeling physiology changes. Another subtle hint is her hugging Worf and Riker mentioning that he's not a hugger. That could obviously just be Beverly being Beverly, but it could also be a Changeling slip-up.
 -  
The Guardian wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:05 pm
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:39 am Note 2) With all the Changelingness going on, we probably won't know who is who until later so scores might have to be adjusted after the fact.
Wait. So if it turns out that
Beverly has been a Changeling all season
, nobody gets any points from that?

By the way, I do think that explains a lot: her asking Jack specifically about him being able to recognize Changelings, her "diagnosis" of Jack might be a cover for whatever she knows is really going on, and even the "Red Lady" bit. I think the attack on the Garrett statue was to throw off Starfleet Intelligence when they found out "Red Lady" had been intercepted. Why isn't she turning over Jack? I think she's a classic Changeling, which also explains her worry at the new Changeling physiology changes. Another subtle hint is her hugging Worf and Riker mentioning that he's not a hugger. That could obviously just be Beverly being Beverly, but it could also be a Changeling slip-up.
Well, whomever put down zero for her would. Which is no one. So yeah.
 -  
Well, we have villain motivation. Delivered as clunkily as you would expect. Still does not excuse waiting this long.

Some great performances around with Geordi and Lore going at it. Also, great cameo at the start though do not expect an in game version any time soon.

The aft continues to work its way around with everyone not having a chance at a perfect score. With three episodes left we will see how thing turn out as we enter the final act.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:24 am Well, we have villain motivation. Delivered as clunkily as you would expect. Still does not excuse waiting this long.
I don't get this take at all.

-crp

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:02 pm Though we can't directly make cards, dialogue without context is fine. Time for an infiltration card titled "more than one way to the ocean"
How did you know they were all Changelings?
I didn't.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:14 pm
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:24 am Well, we have villain motivation. Delivered as clunkily as you would expect. Still does not excuse waiting this long.

-crp
Agreed. Honey Bunny* has been a fantastic villain. She's been getting great lines all season.

*if you don't get this reference, for gods' sake, stream Pulp Fiction right now!
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I agree with Maggie and I agree with Ross. Chang's daughter has been killing it.

At the same time, I think the villain's motivation is better situated early, so we know the story we're telling. The circumstances can shift wildly to the point of, "Oh, that's what this is about!" but the motivation should be clear.
I mean, how many episodes did we go thinking Vadic was a bounty hunter (or at least having that as the stated premise) before getting serious hints that it was really about revenge?
I know they want to keep things for big reveals, but that's foundational, which implies to me it should have been in Act 1, not the end of Act 2 (which is where I assume we are: the hero's lowest point).

That's why season 2 didn't work for me. (Do I have to hide spoilers for that too?)
Q came off unhinged in the beginning, but it ended up being a friendly lesson/gift? A deranged and dying god would have been an awesome villain and Picard reaching him in the end to send them home would have been a better ending.

I am enjoying the current season and I hope they nail the dismount (this already seems more cohesive than previous seasons); I just get the complaint. (Ross can tell me if I was close on my interpretation of his comment.)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have a few small issues with Season 3, but overall, it's been absolutely fantastic. Seeing the 'old band' back together has warmed my heart.

- I always forget how amazing Frakes is until he is on my screen. Such a wonderful actor.

- Shaw has been another stand out. There are rumors about that Terry Matelas (showrunner) wants to do a spin off and include him .. I'd watch that in a heart beat.

- as my name would indicate, big fan of anything Jeri Ryan does.

- Plummer has been incredible. Her chilling little maniacal laugh is a nice touch.

Issues: its nit picky but not particularly fond of Vadic smoking, what looks to be, a pre-rolled joint. Also not fond of the swearing (and I swear ...a lot). Both just dont fit in to Star Trek as a whole. Yeah, I get it .. times change, evolve. It just doesnt seem 'right' to me. As I say, nit picky for sure and I own that.

Cant wait for the last 3 eps.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:14 pm
I'm really digging this season, but my biggest complaint is that a lot of the exposition dump dialogue has been very clunky, even if the performances are making up for it.

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ok, one hell of a solid episode. Some parts that felt a little "Let them have this one", but all in all? An episode that felt like a very solid trek episode.

Plus Shaw? Has fully become a character I want/need to see more of. I genuinely believe he could carry a show, especially if they got Jeri Ryan to continue to play Seven alongside him. The interaction chemistry there is just perfect.
 -  
Some great moments as we head into the finale. Fun callbacks with Data versus Lore and another change for Spiner to act with himself.

The Worf Riker Troi reunion was great as well, fun character moments for all three even if we had to show Worf getting a bit too mushy. It also gave Troi and Riker a chance to sit down and talk. all they had to do was get kidnapped by Changeling extremists.

We are not quite at the finale yet, though there will presumably be an awesome cliffhanger. I love how he ended episode seven hoping to know Jack and we end episode eight in much the same manner.

As for the draft, with the big Seven back together, we can see how things will shape out but let's wait for the official count, jus tot be sure.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]