For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I've had Decipher's CODA system Star Trek RPG books on my shelf for years and have barely had a chance to play with them. Other RPGs have always taken a priority, but lately I've been curious about giving this system a try again.

If I were to GM a Star Trek RPG using play-by-post (PBP), probably on Discord, would there be any interest in players from the CC joining? I'm thinking an ideal number of players would be 3-5. I've done a bit of PBP RPG playing before and given busy schedules, time zone differences, etc. I think this might be a more effective and lower commitment way to try the game than a live game on webcams.

Let me know what you all think. If there's interest I'll start fleshing out ideas and figure out a timeline of when we'd start the game. Don't worry about whether or not you have copies of the books. If we end up playing, I'll probably put together a "cheat sheet" for character building and player actions.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, please! The biggest problem with play by post for me is that after about a month other people lose interest.

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:19 am Yes, please! The biggest problem with play by post for me is that after about a month other people lose interest.
Glad that you're interested! If we can get 2-3 more players, I'll run it!

Totally hear what you're saying about PBP games fizzling out. I'll try to keep the content interesting the pace brisk (no days long combat rounds, hopefully).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]