For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I thought there was a thread on this from years ago I could necro, but I can't find it so I'll just start fresh:

I have the opportunity to meet William Shatner at a local con next month. He's charging $120 per Autograph, which in this case I'm probably going to pay because who knows if/ when I'll get another chance to get it.

The question is: What do I get signed?

I have a James T. Kirk, but I know there's some debate about whether or not getting it autographed adds to or detracts from the value.

Traditionally, I've gotten foil cards autographed, and in this case, the obvious choices are 100,000 Tribbles - Clone on the 1e side, or Living Legend, Original Thinker, Highly Decorated Captain, or Brutal Barbarian on the 2e side.

So I put it to the community: if you could get any one card (and ONLY one card) signed by Shatner, which would it be and why?

Thanks! :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Living Legend... You'll appeal to his ego ;)

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
If I were you, the 100k clone as there is more room for such an epic signature, but if it were me, I'd get an 8x10 photo.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:00 pm I would not get the UR signed. I’d rather have it clean and I’m not shelling out $750 for a replacement clean one on eBay lol.

I would go with the WB Dominion preview one.

Is this the tread you were looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37695&p=457616&hil ... es#p457616
No that's not the thread I'm thinking of. I remember a discussion about the relative merits of an Autographed vs. "Clean" JTK from a few years back.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:00 pm I would not get the UR signed. I’d rather have it clean and I’m not shelling out $750 for a replacement clean one on eBay lol.

I would go with the WB Dominion preview one.

Is this the tread you were looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37695&p=457616&hil ... es#p457616
Ah! An interesting thread with links to other interesting threads! I wasted more than 2 sleep hours reading those nested Thread Blackholes last night!

Exclamation points!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Well... I did a thing...
Attachments:
20230422_140757.jpg
20230422_140757.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 3064 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I also did another thing...

My wallet is much lighter now, but.... WORTH IT!!

This will be a permanent fixture in my nerd cave. So glad my kids could meet Mr. Shatner while he is still with us!
Attachments:
20230422_111445.jpg
20230422_111445.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 3063 times

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:45 pm Well... I did a thing...
But why did you have Joyce DeWitt sign it?
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I've been getting Mr. Shatner's autographs for years and have watched his fee grow pretty much every year. I currently have all the Shatner Decipher cards signed, except for the UR, which I have never owned. I also have 8 x 10s as well. I never thought about the 100,000 Clone as I stick to personnel only cards for 1E and 2E, so maybe next time I'll get that signed as well.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]