For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The second season of Strange New Worlds is coming June 15. Let's do a draft and see how it plays out. All you need to do is pick a pair of characters below. if they have a conversation with them, and only them, you get a point. Note that there are some bonus questions that will also net you points, exact values to be determined. There are a few rules:

No Duplication! Once someone picks a pair, they are off the table.

Blackouts! Your pair may not be entirely comprised of Christopher Pike, Spock or Una Chin-Riley. Also, the pair of Dr. Joseph M'Benga and Chapel are off the table.

Deadline! You must have your entry in by the end of May to count.

Tiebreaker! In the event of a tie, the first person to get their entry in will win.

Characters are:
Christopher Pike
Spock
Una Chin-Riley
Christine Chapel
La'an Noonien-Singh
Nyota Uhura
Erica Ortegas
Dr. Joseph M'Benga

Bonus questions: These questions below refer to the episode affectionately known as the Roger Rabbit episode.

1. Which episode will it be? (i.e. first, second, third, etc.)
2. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s) will appear in animated form?
3. Which character(s) will make their animation debut?
4. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s )will make their live appearance debut?
5. Which character(s) will continue to appear exclusively in animated form, including this episode?
6. Which characters not listed above will make their Strange New Worlds debut in this episode?
7. Will the record for appearing on the most Star Trek series be broken in this episode?
8. Regardless of the professionalism of the Enterprise Crew, how badly does Boimler screw up the timeline?
Last edited by Faithful Reader on Thu May 25, 2023 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Spock and Chapel.

Bonus:
1.Third
2.Spock
3.Singh
4.Rutherford
5. T'ana <--Updated
6. Zefram Cochrane
7. No
8. Not as badly as Kirk, that man was a menace.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Thu May 25, 2023 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Una Chin-Riley
La'an Noonien-Singh

Bonus questions: These questions below refer to the episode affectionately known as the Roger Rabbit episode.

1. Which episode will it be? (i.e. first, second, third, etc.) 5th
2. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s) will appear in animated form? I guess we'll see Rutherford and Tendi very briefly.
3. Which character(s) will make their animation debut? I don't think any of the SNW characters will be animated.
4. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s )will make their live appearance debut? None. It's just them.
5. Which character(s) will continue to appear exclusively in animated form, including this episode? The rest of the LD crew.
6. Which characters not listed above will make their Strange New Worlds debut in this episode? Dr. McCoy
7. Will the record for appearing on the most Star Trek series be broken in this episode? No one will beat out Michael Dorn! He will come back from the grave if necessary to hold his title. I know this to be truth.
8. Regardless of the professionalism of the Enterprise Crew, how badly does Boimler screw up the timeline? Oh, it will be an epic fuckup, I'm sure.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Fri May 26, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Pike and La'An.

1. Which episode will it be? (i.e. first, second, third, etc.) Lucky Seven!
2. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s) will appear in animated form? Pike, Una, and Spock
3. Which character(s) will make their animation debut? Pike and Una
4. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s )will make their live appearance debut? None!
5. Which character(s) will make their animated debut? Pike and Una
5a. Which character(s) will continue to appear exclusively in animated form, including this episode? The Rest of the Lower Decks crew, the crew of Prodigy, and any legacy characters from The Animated Series that haven't appeared in real life yet.
6. Which characters not listed above will make their Strange New Worlds debut in this episode? Freeman
7. Will the record for appearing on the most Star Trek series be broken in this episode? Ah HELL Naw!
8. Regardless of the professionalism of the Enterprise Crew, how badly does Boimler screw up the timeline? By the end of the episode, any mess is more or less cleaned up
Last edited by Armus on Fri May 26, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Question five has bene updated to be more in line with what I originally thought. Apologies to those that have already filled out a reply; please take a moment to reconsider when you have a chance.

This us why I don't plan ahead.

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Pike and Ortegas

1. Which episode will it be? (i.e. first, second, third, etc.) seventh
2. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s) will appear in animated form? Rutherford, Tendi, Pike, and Spock
3. Which character(s) will make their animation debut? based on my answer for question #2...Pike.
4. Other than Boimler and Mariner, which character(s) will make their live appearance debut? none
5. Which character(s) will continue to appear exclusively in animated form, including this episode? wow, this is such a poorly worded question...all the previously seen animated characters minus Boimler and Mariner
6. Which characters not listed above will make their Strange New Worlds debut in this episode? Other than what I already listed in question #2...um, none? (You're killing me, Ross.) To clarify, Tendi and Rutherford.
7. Will the record for appearing on the most Star Trek series be broken in this episode? Since Ross said series and not episodes...have to say no.
8. Regardless of the professionalism of the Enterprise Crew, how badly does Boimler screw up the timeline? no more than usual and it'll all be straightened out neatly by the end
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 amAlso, the pair of Dr. Joseph M'Benga and Chapel are off the table.
Didn't work out too well for me the first time, but okay.

Christopher Pike
Nyota Uhura

1. Ninth
2. Spock, Peanut Hamper (mostly a joke), and Ransom (kinda not)
3. Pike
4. None
5. Shaxs
6. I don't know... Guinan
7. Who? With Frakes getting a cameo to break his own record? No.
8. He kills young Kirk with a Tribble Bomb by accident and then has to resurrect him with Khan blood.
 -  
La'an Noonien-Singh
Erica Ortegas

2. Tendi.
3. Jean Luc-Picard.
4. Carol Freeman
5. Tendi.
6. William Riker.
7. Yes.
8. Not through any purposeful fault of his own, but he won't be able to help himself.
The Guardian wrote: 8. He kills young Kirk with a Tribble Bomb by accident and then has to resurrect him with Khan blood.
I specifically set this question up so that unless you went wild, you would get a point. We'll see if you thread the needle.
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:31 pm
The Guardian wrote: 8. He kills young Kirk with a Tribble Bomb by accident and then has to resurrect him with Khan blood.
I specifically set this question up so that unless you went wild, you would get a point. We'll see if you thread the needle.
Risk. Is. Our. Business!
 -  
We have a premiere and with Pike off to save Chin-Riley, there is a chance for us to focus on the rest of the cast. This also reset a lot of the recurring themes unresolved from the first season and a good dose of Klingons for good measure. We also have an intro to a new Chief Engineer and it is very much a welcome for Carol Kane, though fans of TV/film may find it a bit too familiar. She is a not a new type, but a new type for a recurring character.

Overall, what more can you ask for in a first run back?

Of course, with Pike and Chin-Riley off for most of the hour, the draft is pretty much a goose egg. Since next week promises to focus on the trial, we'll see if anyone gets on the board.
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:03 pm We have a premiere and with Pike off to save Chin-Riley, there is a chance for us to focus on the rest of the cast. This also reset a lot of the recurring themes unresolved from the first season and a good dose of Klingons for good measure. We also have an intro to a new Chief Engineer and it is very much a welcome for Carol Kane, though fans of TV/film may find it a bit too familiar. She is a not a new type, but a new type for a recurring character.

Overall, what more can you ask for in a first run back?

Of course, with Pike and Chin-Riley off for most of the hour, the draft is pretty much a goose egg. Since next week promises to focus on the trial, we'll see if anyone gets on the board.
Now, if you let me go with M'Benga and Chapel again...
 -  
Courtroom dramas have been some of the best hours of Trek and Ad Astra per Aspera is in good company. We knew going in that Chin-Riley would not be leaving the main cast, but it would have to happen in such a way that the ban would not be overruled. Great acting all around and forcing the Federation to look at their values. Huge credit to Yetide Badaki who would be very welcome to return.

Unfortunately, this was another bad one for the draft. We'll see what happens in week three.
The Guardian wrote:
Faithful Reader wrote: Of course, with Pike and Chin-Riley off for most of the hour, the draft is pretty much a goose egg.
Now, if you let me go with M'Benga and Chapel again...
That would require me to think of the scene where M'Benga violates the 22nd century version of HIPAA. Or remembering the scene where medical professionals beat people up.
 -  
Strong one for Noonien-Singh this week, although the opening seems more like it would fall under the purview of the First officer than the security chief, at least interpersonal issues. The multi-generational robing is something else entirely.

There is also some great worldbuilding with the UEF Enterprise via Kirk, who has played Not Our Kirk for two episodes not, for the most part. There is also a fun explanation for why certain events haven't happened in our world, though they have been promised in universe.

Plus, Chong and Wesley had so much fun with this, they delayed some shots because they were goofing around.

The draft is still a goose egg. You needed Noonien-Soong and M'Benga tog et points and no one had that combination. We'll see how things go next week.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation