For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 171 posts

By Jerad
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As many of you know on Febuary 2nd 2010, Crytic's Star Trek Online releases. I for one will be putting aside wow and trying out this great looking game. I was looking to build a fleet of Klingon ships to take on the puny Federation. I would love to have some of the great people here join in our fight. Please sound off if you wanna join us.

As it gets closer we can figure out server...name...etc....

So whose in?

By RayJ (Raymond Linton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
One of my local players is in the closed beta right now. He's having some fun with it, and showed me how things were working as he started up in testing. Unless they've made some dramatic improvements in the last couple of weeks, this game will not be ready for February 2.

It does look like it will be enjoyable, but I think it's going to need a bit more development time.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Haven't had a chance to look into it that much. What all affiliations/species can you be?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well, until it comes out, I highly recommend the Ultimate Universe 2.0 mod for Star Trek Legacy. It's beautiful and can have up to 6-8 multiplayer (but you have to be running XP). Pretty amazing stuff for a mod. They have a really good community too. I was just chatting with the lead today about some things.

http://www.ultimateuniversemod.net/news.php OR
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ultimate-universe

By RayJ (Raymond Linton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:I think I'm going with Fed. You can design some pretty awesome looking ships.
I will agree with this, as I haven't had the opportunity to see anything from the Klingon side (they weren't implemented at the point I saw my friend playing). There seem to be many different models for saucer, nacelle, and main body sections to choose from regardless of ship class. I remember making the starting ship (miranda class I think) look almost like an akira class ship.

Apparently there is fun to be had on away teams as well, but I didn't get a chance to see that in action. From what I hear your crew levels up with you, and I think you have the ability to direct their training progress as well.

I'll be keeping an eye on it and at least try it out. I'm fully expecting Star Wars: The Old Republic to become the king of MMOs when it releases though. BioWare has the Midas touch when it comes to RPGs.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Jerad wrote:So whose in?

Are you talking PC gaming, or on the 360?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]