The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
well, heres a goal. Create an alternative win condition.yes i know abuse may be rampant but how about if it was several things.eg. when you play this event it can't be prevented destroyed or otherwise removed from play,you may not have any other events in your deck. when you complete a 40pt mission, do the hokey pokey and recite the alphabet backwards while balancing a ball on your nose you win. just throwing the idea out there.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
whampiri wrote:well, heres a goal. Create an alternative win condition.yes i know abuse may be rampant but how about if it was several things.eg. when you play this event it can't be prevented destroyed or otherwise removed from play,you may not have any other events in your deck. when you complete a 40pt mission, do the hokey pokey and recite the alphabet backwards while balancing a ball on your nose you win. just throwing the idea out there.
I dislike alternate win conditions. Much of the abuse in 1E came from people trying to do anything but solve missions. Keeping the win conditions at 1 planet + 1 space and 100 points is a good idea, IMO.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
With [Voy] complete 4 space missions and 100 points, perhaps we could go the other route and create an event that allows you to complete 4 planet missions to get a win. But the creation of such a card would be very basic and easy to accomplish. Not at all worthy of this group to consider as a project.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
charlie wrote:With [Voy] complete 4 space missions and 100 points, perhaps we could go the other route and create an event that allows you to complete 4 planet missions to get a win. But the creation of such a card would be very basic and easy to accomplish. Not at all worthy of this group to consider as a project.
You mean like this?

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That would be one way. I have never used that mission, so naturally I forget that it exists. Also, with this head/viral infection, my thought processes are so slow and muddled, I could have had the card in front of me, and still missed it. :?

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
charlie wrote:With [Voy] complete 4 space missions and 100 points, perhaps we could go the other route and create an event that allows you to complete 4 planet missions to get a win. But the creation of such a card would be very basic and easy to accomplish. Not at all worthy of this group to consider as a project.
Save this idea for the SG1 expansion :mrgreen:

By Tom Paris
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
CFHollister wrote:Why does the process only have to be used once a year? In the same vein, I like the idea of more than one card coming out of the process.

I also like the idea of having a goal; I work better with a goal. Last time, we started with choosing a card type. Perhaps next time, we could start by choosing a goal (i.e. boost Romulan mission solving, nerf Borg, carrot Replicate, etc.) as the first step in the process and then game concept, and then card type.
I was not involved at all in the process surrounding the last creation(s), but I feel compelled to sound off on this nonetheless, since I think this is an awesome concept. First off, I am not privy to the process or timetable that Brad et. al. use to make these super-sweet virtual expansions. So in my limited view, I don't see why a process like this (however it ends up happening) shouldn't happen for every single virtual expansion. Since the game is no longer being produced for financial gain, its longevity as a game is more community driven than ever before; and getting the community involved in the production of one card (or two as the case may be) per expansion would be an invaluable marketing tool to help the fans feel more connected to the game (a personal investment, if you will).

Anyway, that all being said, IMO there needs to be a Picard-like leadership steering the course of this creation. Just as CFHollister suggested, there needs to be a goal set. In other words, what is the mission? Knowing the mission, the "bridge crew" (i.e. we, the community) can more efficiently make suggestions as to a course of action. And "Picard" (i.e. the designers that be) could then make executive decisions based on the suggestions given and steer the course of the "ship."

Okay, so my metaphor is getting tired and I'm sure you all get the gist of my statements. But streamline this process well enough, and you might even get more than one or two card ideas out of the bargain - just so long as everyone understands that a suggestion is a suggestion and "Picard" has final say on pretty much everything.

Tom Paris
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]