The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
This post introduces the first of the cards concepts you will get to choose from for the Will of the Collective II process. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of this concept (and only this concept), pitch ideas, and so forth. Make sure to keep an open mind, and look at each concept in turn - give them all a fair shake!

As I mentioned in the original post for this process, the card concept is just a single, simple, statement of what the card should do. No reference to story, specific mechanics, or anything along those lines. Not even a reference to card type.

The fourth concept we present to you comes from Matt Kirk, our Director of Organized Play and assistant designer on The Undiscovered Country:

Concept #4:
Something that affects icons on an opponent's personnel
Almost every personnel in the game has one icon or another - what kinds of things could you do to those icons? Discuss!

-crp

By Corwinamber (Francis Koziolek)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
How about something that removes a staffing icon on all personel until end of next turn.

That way, they cannot staff the ship.

On the plus side, they may then get past some dilemmas that target [Cmd] , but then cannot get past ones that need it.

Maybe a [S] dilemma of some sort - place on ship deal.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
[Evt] Twisted History

Cost ____

Plays in your core. All personnel your opponent commands lose [Pa] and gain [Fut] . All personnel your opponent commands lose [Stf] and gain [Cmd].

[Evt] Unique: One big happy family

Cost ____

Plays on your opponent's mission. All personnel at this mission lose [DS9] , [E] , [Maq] , [TNG] , [TOS] , [Voy] .

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
This sounds fun.

I like the idea of a dilemma that removes [Cmd] and [Stf] from some personnel.

A twist on this could be a card that adds icons like [Pa] [AU] or [Fut], but I can't think of any downside for just having icons, so it's probably better to stick with losing icons.

Now it would require a cycle of cards probably, but wouldn't it be fun to come up with a whole new icon. (not that I can think of one)

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
time distrortion.dilema.
1 cost dual
randomly select a personnel to be stopped.if that personnel has [Pa] [AU] [Fut], randomly stop another personnel.

I think if u had anything that removed staffing icons, it may be paramount to people losing full turns because they cant move ships.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I realize this card won't impact icons on personnel directly, but how about a damage marker (dilemma, event or even interrupt... although that might impact the rules) that changes the [Stf] icons on the ship to [Cmd] icons?

It'd be easy to find something that could conceptually make your opponent's ship need commanders instead of staffers. Also, it'd impact the icons on your opponent's personnel in a round-about way, making [Stf] worthless for the ship in question.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:I realize this card won't impact icons on personnel directly, but how about a damage marker (dilemma, event or even interrupt... although that might impact the rules) that changes the [Stf] icons on the ship to [Cmd] icons?

It'd be easy to find something that could conceptually make your opponent's ship need commanders instead of staffers. Also, it'd impact the icons on your opponent's personnel in a round-about way, making [Stf] worthless for the ship in question.
Thats a good idea. It would definatly make an impact on the players who use cheap ships with only [Stf] icons.

It would be interesting if there was an event that you could play on any ship that would give it some kind of bonus but would add [Cmd] or even just [Stf] to it's staffing. Then you could use it on your ship for the bonus, or you could use it on your opponents ship to make it harder to staff.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
How about something like this -

3 cost unique event
Unstuck in Time
(image involving the Kreminen changing timelines)

Event -2 cost with Annorax in play. Player chooses opponent. All of opponent's personnel possessing any time icon are changed to a different icon (player's choice.)

This makes sure that personnel can still report to play, but can wreck havoc on cards that target on cards that focus on past, au and future icon cards (tampering with time, fitting in are just a few that come to mind)

Michael

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Quote:

Sorry for the silly question, but does this include affiliation icons as well (e. g. [Bor] or [Car] )? Or it's restricted to staffing, temporal and sub-affiliation icons?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
This idea lights my candle as I'm a huge fan of the Vorta Experiment Tables and multitude of [Pa] [Fut] [AU] altering Fractured Time cards. I'll be interested to see, if this one comes out on top, whether it goes down the [Pa] [Fut] [AU] route, or down the sub-affiliation route (my money's on the former - you've got more chance of scuppering your opponent with something like that, rather than banking on them playing [TN] or Earthers).

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
deciusmaurus wrote:Quote:

Sorry for the silly question, but does this include affiliation icons as well (e. g. [Bor] or [Car] )? Or it's restricted to staffing, temporal and sub-affiliation icons?
an icon is an icon...

Event:
Plays in your core
All [Fed] in play lose their [Fed] icon and gain the [GaQu] icon :mrgreen:

By Corwinamber (Francis Koziolek)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
wweist wrote:
deciusmaurus wrote:Quote:

an icon is an icon...

Event:
Plays in your core
I don't see why not.

BTW - That would be pure evil!!!!!! :twisted:
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
wweist wrote:Event:
Plays in your core
We could call it Sci-Fi Convention.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Hey I bet this would be a popular idea.

[D] (0) Fixing a design mistake.
Place this dilemma in your core. Each [TOS] [E] personnel you own loses [E].
:P

As more realistic idea. What about this.
[D] (0) Temporary Amnesia
Your opponent chooses [AU] [E] [DS9] [Fut] [Maq] [Pa] or [Stf]. Each of your personnel loses that icon until the end of this turn.

This would be interesting, because it could be used to destaff a ship if you choose [Stf] and your opponent doesn't have enough [Cmd] personnel. Or you could eliminate some of the other icons to prevent cheaters.

This could eaily be adapted into an interrupt or event.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Foreman wrote:Hey I bet this would be a popular idea.

[D] (0) Fixing a design mistake.
Place this dilemma in your core. Each [TOS] [E] personnel you own loses [E].
:P
I love it!

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]