The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Foreman wrote:Hey I bet this would be a popular idea.

[D] (0) Fixing a design mistake.
Place this dilemma in your core. Each [TOS] [E] personnel you own loses [E].
:P
No, no, no! It should be like this:

Mission - Neither planet nor space nor HQ
You may have 6 missions.

Then the rest of your text. :D

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote:

I love it!
seconded! do I hear a call for vote?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
wweist wrote:
The Guardian wrote:

I love it!
seconded! do I hear a call for vote?
I would die laughing if I ever saw this dilemma get prevented by OT Kirk.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Escape Artist wrote:

I would die laughing if I ever saw this dilemma get prevented by OT Kirk.
I had that exact same thought.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:I realize this card won't impact icons on personnel directly, but how about a damage marker (dilemma, event or even interrupt... although that might impact the rules) that changes the [Stf] icons on the ship to [Cmd] icons?

It'd be easy to find something that could conceptually make your opponent's ship need commanders instead of staffers. Also, it'd impact the icons on your opponent's personnel in a round-about way, making [Stf] worthless for the ship in question.
WIN!!

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:I realize this card won't impact icons on personnel directly, but how about a damage marker (dilemma, event or even interrupt... although that might impact the rules) that changes the [Stf] icons on the ship to [Cmd] icons?

It'd be easy to find something that could conceptually make your opponent's ship need commanders instead of staffers. Also, it'd impact the icons on your opponent's personnel in a round-about way, making [Stf] worthless for the ship in question.
WIN!!
I have to agree that this is a great card concept. It will slow down the use of excelsiors or romulan scout vessels in speed solvers decks. It also encourages playing more major characters (more of them have [Cmd] ).

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Foreman wrote:
bhosp wrote:

WIN!!
I have to agree that this is a great card concept. It will slow down the use of excelsiors or romulan scout vessels in speed solvers decks. It also encourages playing more major characters (more of them have [Cmd] ).
I like it, although I can see Condition Red becoming almost a staple in decks as the card's ultimate counter, especially in Borg decks. :borg:

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Danny wrote:I like it, although I can see Condition Red becoming almost a staple in decks as the card's ultimate counter, especially in Borg decks. :borg:
Borg can always use the Queen's Sphere, which can be staffed by the Queen herself, and with Regeneration Alcoves she can be played directly to the ship. All of those cards are staples in Borg decks, so they would probably be less affected by this dilemma than you might think.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Kaiser wrote:Borg can always use the Queen's Sphere, which can be staffed by the Queen herself, and with Regeneration Alcoves she can be played directly to the ship. All of those cards are staples in Borg decks, so they would probably be less affected by this dilemma than you might think.
Good point. Still stands (in theory) against the previously mentioned Scouts and Excelsiors.

:!: Note to self: Get Queen's Sphere.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: I like it, although I can see Condition Red becoming almost a staple in decks as the card's ultimate counter, especially in Borg decks. :borg:
I think that having more decks use condition red would be a good thing. It's ability to prevent troubles getting a ship isn't neccesarily good enough on its own since you could just put another ship in that card slot, but if the second part of the text was a bit more important it might make it worth it to use it.

I agree that the borg would hurt the most agianst this card, but I know a few people who think the borg could be taken down a notch. Also, the requirements could be geared towards something that the borg have lots of, just to balance the stronger effect it would have on them if it succeeds.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
(2) [Evt]
Temporal Prime Directive
Event
Temporal. Plays in your core. Each player's [AU], [Fut], and [Pa]
personnel and ships lose their [AU], [Fut], and [Pa] icons and
cannot use their abilities.
Order -- Discard this event to download a [Fut] personnel.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
That would be a bit harsh against [TOS] and [SF].

What about

[Evt] (3?) Temporal Flux.
Plays in your core.
Each [Fut] personnel in play loses [Fut] and gains [AU]
Each [AU] personnel in play loses [AU] and gains [Pa]
Each [Pa] personnel in play loses [Pa] and gains [Fut]

Could have some fun reprecussions.

Hmm although I just realized this creates an endless loop.

By captdsulu
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
How about

3 [Evt] One big happy fleet

Decay 4 (Place the top card of you draw deck here) Your [Fed] personnel with [TNG] , [DS9] , [TOS] , [Voy] may be reported to your Earth at cost +2. You may discard the top card of you deck to remove one card from this event.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, my idea was a bit ... stupid.

Here's another. Keep in mind this is more concept than complete idea.
(0) [D] Cold Front
Dilemma
Unless you choose to stop two [Pa] personnel or reveal
two [Fut] personnel from hand
, place this dilemma in your
core. When your [Fut] or [Pa] personnel uses an attribute or a
skill to solve a mission, discard the top card of your deck.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]