The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
This post introduces the first of the cards concepts you will get to choose from for the Will of the Collective II process. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of this concept (and only this concept), pitch ideas, and so forth. Make sure to keep an open mind, and look at each concept in turn - give them all a fair shake!

As I mentioned in the original post for this process, the card concept is just a single, simple, statement of what the card should do. No reference to story, specific mechanics, or anything along those lines. Not even a reference to card type.

The fifth concept we present to you comes from Chief Programmer, forum moderator, and assistant designer on Favor the Bold and the upcoming Project Valkyrie, Chris Lobban:

Concept #5:
A tribute card in honor of Majel Barett Roddenberry
Her influence touched every aspect of Trek from the first day until the sad day of her passing. This card could be anything, from an event representing the ship's computer, to any of the characters she played, to whatever else your imaginations can invent.

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
A ship's computer card would be nice. This might not be creative enough, but here goes:

Event
Ship's Computer (Cost 4)
Plays on your ship. When your personnel aboard this ship is attempting a mission, you may make him or her cunning +2 and gain a skill of your choice until the end of this turn. You may do this only once each turn.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
A tribute card in honor of Majel Barett Roddenberry
Definitely. I'd like to see something done with the Computer, as I'm not sure how different you could make a third Lwaxana (although, if you did wander down that path, creating a card from the DS9 episode "The Forsaken" might be good).

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I also like the idea of a number one card.

Maybe we could have the option of making a pike at the same time?
That way they could have complimentary abilites.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Number One = Great Idea.

"The Cage"-Themed Subset (think Dissident Vulcans in RtS) including "Number One" = Even Greater Idea.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
The real question would be what her name would be. A comic series gave her the name Eunice Robbins. Some of the various books suggested Morgan Primus or someone with the last name Lefler. Or just Number One as DC Fontana suggested that being her actual name in one of her books.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
bortz65 wrote:The real question would be what her name would be. A comic series gave her the name Eunice Robbins. Some of the various books suggested Morgan Primus or someone with the last name Lefler. Or just Number One as DC Fontana suggested that being her actual name in one of her books.
Good question. We could always have a name with a spin on "one" kind of like "Primus" as listed above, or use pieces of her real name, thus filling in the blanks like Decipher did for Logan Black and Stewart Rivers.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I do like the idea of Number One. After all, Number One was the first lady in trek. For the name, I'd like to stick with Number One, but I wouldn't be opposed to coming up with a realistic name.

If we decide not to use Number One, I think the computer voice is our second best option. Other options include Christine Chapel and Lwaxana Troi, but I don't think either of those options really seem like "First Lady of Trek" characters.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
You could have something like whatever name she eventually has with Number One being underneath, like Jean-Luc Picard, Explorer. That way, we can get both in there.

Michael

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:You could have something like whatever name she eventually has with Number One being underneath, like Jean-Luc Picard, Explorer. That way, we can get both in there.

Michael
I would rather see:

Title: Number One
Sub-Title: First Officer

or better yet...

Sub-Title: "Voice of the Great Bird..."

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]