The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
This post introduces the sixth of the cards concepts you will get to choose from for the Will of the Collective II process. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of this concept (and only this concept), pitch ideas, and so forth. Make sure to keep an open mind, and look at each concept in turn - give them all a fair shake!

As I mentioned in the original post for this process, the card concept is just a single, simple, statement of what the card should do. No reference to story, specific mechanics, or anything along those lines. Not even a reference to card type.

The sixth concept we present to you comes from the newest assistant designer, Richard New, who is joining the design team for the upcoming Project Valkyrie:

Concept #6:
A personnel from "Children of Time"
Don't remember the episode? It's from Deep Space 9's fifth season. The Defiant encounters a planet populated by their descendants in an emotional, thought-provoking episode. You can read more about the episode at Memory Alpha, or check out the official synopsis. Brainstorm away!

-crp

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Seems like a good episode to get some [DS9] [Fut] into the game. Maybe the personnel could have a gametext that only worked in the [GQ]?
(Which i think is a [DS9] theme that should be expanded on.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The mission from that episode could be interesting.

When you first attempt the mission download a personnel and place them at the mission (they join the attempt). When you complete this mission, remove that personnel from the game.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Foreman wrote:Seems like a good episode to get some [DS9] [Fut] into the game.
Would they? I reckon they wouldn't have anything (as it's the present...kinda). Maybe [AU] at a push.

They could always react with Temporal cards, maybe take the [NA] [AU] Tuvok's text and download one of them when/if you download a Temporal card?

Or maybe even the good faced Odo? (Do we need another Odo?)

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Why not give them both [Fut] and [AU] ? That would open up some unusual game play. Since they did not do that with Vina, why not explore the concept more? They would only have limited skills, so they would not be overpowering. And they could work with some of the cards from Fractured Time that don't see much play, at least locally.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
This is the idea I like the most personally. With all deference to the Majel Barrett idea this is the one that intrigues me the most from a gameplay standpoint.

Unfortunately, you know that the first card to be made from this would be:

[Baj] Kira (Still Not Dead Yet)

[Cmd] [DS9]

[SD] Anthropology [SD] 2 Honor [SD] Officer

When this personnel begins a mission attempt at a [GQ] mission, you may download Souls of the Dead.
While this personnel is in the discard pile, you may remove her from the game to give your Changeling 2 Treachery.

[Integrity 7] [Cunning 5] [Strength 6]

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:This is the idea I like the most personally. With all deference to the Majel Barrett idea this is the one that intrigues me the most from a gameplay standpoint.

Unfortunately, you know that the first card to be made from this would be:

[Baj] Kira (Still Not Dead Yet)

[Cmd] [DS9]

[SD] Anthropology [SD] 2 Honor [SD] Officer

When this personnel begins a mission attempt at a [GQ] mission, you may download Souls of the Dead.
While this personnel is in the discard pile, you may remove her from the game to give your Changeling 2 Treachery.

[Integrity 7] [Cunning 5] [Strength 6]

Yes and that is an awesome card idea.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I would vote for:

[NA] Yedrin Dax
http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/ ... ime148.jpg
Species: Trill
[Fut]
[SD] 2 Navigation [SD] Treachery [SD] Programming
[SD] Diplomacy [SD] Astrometrics [SD] Science

Host.
May not report to a Headquarters Mission

"Is one life too much to ask if it means saving eight thousand?"

[INTEGRITY 4] [CUNNING 7] [STRENGTH 6]
Last edited by wweist on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

By codewolf
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone I like your card Idea. It really fits in the Bajoran theme and would promote Gama quadrant missions. To bad we can't suggest the Mission to go along with the theme. Great work.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:They could always react with Temporal cards, maybe take the [NA] [AU] Tuvok's text and download one of them when/if you download a Temporal card?
I think you're on the right track. I don't know how many more times the Design Team wants to see the game text Tuvok (Coldly Logical Soldier) repeated, but I think this deserves some further inspection.

Would these personnel be [NA]?

Which time icon(s) should they have, if any? Mind you, we're going to run into this if the Design Team tackles the "future" NX-01 crew from "E2."

Very rough idea:
(0) [NA] (*)Yedrin Dax, Gaian
[DS9] [Fut]
Human/Trill
(skills)
Host. You cannot play this personnel. When you play a
[DS9] personnel, you may download this personnel and place
him at your [GQ] mission. (This ability may be used while this
personnel is in your deck.)
(attributes)
He doesn't have the same restriction of Tuvok, but he cannot be played in any traditional sense, so I think that's fine. The trigger isn't quite right. I envision similar text on all the Children of Time, except Odo, so they could all drop in the Gamma Quadrant with one DS9 play. Also, with all this strange ability text shared among them, this group wouldn't have much room for more than skills.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh wrote:
Danny wrote:They could always react with Temporal cards, maybe take the [NA] [AU] Tuvok's text and download one of them when/if you download a Temporal card?
I think you're on the right track. I don't know how many more times the Design Team wants to see the game text Tuvok (Coldly Logical Soldier) repeated, but I think this deserves some further inspection.

Would these personnel be [NA]?

Which time icon(s) should they have, if any? Mind you, we're going to run into this if the Design Team tackles the "future" NX-01 crew from "E2."

Very rough idea:
(0) [NA] (*)Yedrin Dax, Gaian
[DS9] [Fut]
Human/Trill
(skills)
Host. You cannot play this personnel. When you play a
[DS9] personnel, you may download this personnel and place
him at your [GQ] mission. (This ability may be used while this
personnel is in your deck.)
(attributes)
He doesn't have the same restriction of Tuvok, but he cannot be played in any traditional sense, so I think that's fine. The trigger isn't quite right. I envision similar text on all the Children of Time, except Odo, so they could all drop in the Gamma Quadrant with one DS9 play. Also, with all this strange ability text shared among them, this group wouldn't have much room for more than skills.
I like this idea, though I'd like to see the personnel tied more closely to their ancestor (Yedrin Dax plays when a [DS9] Dax plays, Miranda O'Brien plays when a [DS9] Miles O'Brien plays...)
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]