The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
This post introduces the next of the cards concepts you will get to choose from for the Will of the Collective II process. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of this concept (and only this concept), pitch ideas, and so forth. Make sure to keep an open mind, and look at each concept in turn - give them all a fair shake!

As I mentioned in the original post for this process, the card concept is just a single, simple, statement of what the card should do. No reference to story, specific mechanics, or anything along those lines. Not even a reference to card type.

The seventh concept comes to you from oversees, from the desk of James Hoskin, assistant designer for Raise the Stakes:

Concept #7:
An alternative strategy to Jake Sisko (Reporter Behind the Lines) for a Terok Nor deck.
The card mentioned, Jake Sisko (Reporter Behind the Lines), enables a discard strategy, but requires a significant number of rare cards from Necessary Evil. What kinds of alternate strategies could be enabled for an underplayed headquarters?

-crp

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Um, the fact that Jake Sisko discard requires a lot of rares from neccesary evil is not so bad since Jake himself is a rare from neccesary evil.

I would prefer to have a different theme added to [TN] repitoire instead. What about characters that give bonuses only while they are at Mouth of the Wormhole. (I wanted this idea for [DS9] too). It would show that the station is really important, and that you can't just leave it empty or the Federation will take it back.

This could be balanced, because while the personnel are at DS9 they give a bonus, but that is one less personnel for attempting missions.

Examples

Oder - While this personnel is at mouth of the wormhole you may hold 8 cards in hand instead of 7. (I realize this wording is very wrong)

While this personnel is at mouth of the wormhole, you may draw 1 extra dilemma when opponent attempts an [AQ] mission.

If you are looking more for the dissidents strategy, then a few "While this personnel is at an opponents HQ mission.......bonus time"

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I would like to see something restricted to Terok Nor (meaning a "To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. ) where they gain a benefit for "engaging in a protracted war"....and they may even flow from current [TN] flavor.

What I mean is that i would like to see them get get alternative personnel and verbs that give them bonuses for things done in an overtly hostile manner. Here's some off the cuff ideas:

[Evt] Cost __ "Guard Command Center" [unique]

To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. Plays on your Headquarters. When and opponent begins a mission attempt, if you command two ships at this mission you may draw one additional dilemma and spend one additional counter on dilemmas.

OR

[Evt] Cost ___ "Standard Border Patrol"

To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. Plays in your core. For each staffed [TN] ship you command a ship at an opponents mission, you may spend one additional counter during your Draw and Play segment.

[Evt] Cost ___ "Alliance Sortie"

To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. Plays on an opponent's mission. If you command a staffed [TN] Ship here, your opponent must draw one less dilemma and spend one less counters on dilemmas.

[Int] "Counterstrike"

To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. If an opponent just completed an engagement or a combat against your ship or personnel, you may name a personnel. All personnel your opponent commands with that title are killed.

[Evt] Cost ___ "War of Attrition"

Assault. To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. Plays in your core. When your [TN] personnel is killed, you may remove him from the game to name a personnel. Choose a personnel with that title an opponent commands to be killed.

[Evt] Cost ____ "Establish Dominion"

To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. Plays in your core. If you command six Jem'Hadar at an opponent's mission, all [TN] personnel you command are cunning +1.

[Evt] Cost ___ "Establish Foothold"

To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. Plays in your core. If you command three Jem'Hadar at an opponent's planet mission. When an opponent begins a mission attempt here, you may draw three extra dilemmas.

I could think of loads more ideas.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
....and some personnel:

[Dom] Cost 2 [Unique] Weyoun (War Planner)

[Cmd] [TN] Vorta

[SD] 2 Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Security [SD] Treachery

Order - If you command six [TN] personnel you may download an Assault or Manuever event. Place him on top of his owner's deck.

[Car] Cost 2 [Unique] Dukat (Interstellar Despot)

[Cmd] [TN] Cardassian

[SD] Diplomacy [SD] 2 Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Security [SD] 2 Treachery

Order - If you command six [TN] personnel you may download an a [TN] personnel. Place him in top of his owner's deck.

[Dom] Cost 0 [Unique] Douche'dorkaton

[Cmd] [TN] Jem'Hadar

[SD] Officer

Order - If this personnel is at an opponent's non-headquarters mission, all your Jem'hadar lose all skills and are strength +1 until the end of turn. If you win a combat or an engagement, you may kill this personnel to download a non-unique [TN] Ship.

Less intelligent Jem'hadar are often the labor for ship building.

[Dom] Cost 0 [Unique] Butmunch'abunch

[Cmd] [TN] Jem'Hadar

[SD] Leadership

If you win a combat or engagement, you may kill this personnel to draw two cards.

Jem'Hadar lead by example. Dying for the founders is the ultimate lesson.

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like the added parts for [Evt] or personnel (preferably only [TN] ) to help them in a theme. Giving them some incentive to gain points through engaging the enemy (other player/players) instead of just doing straight mission solving.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
For once, I'm going to follow the rules.

Really, Tenuous Alliance sells this faction more than anything else before it. Reclaim Terok Nor is a great card on its own, but Tenuous Alliance gives that card purpose.

A bit straightforward:
Examine cards from top of deck and take cards. Could be equivalent to number of species and/or number of staffed TN ships. Replace cards in same order.
A bit more in the "negative sharing" realm:
When your TN personnel begins a mission attempt, each player discards a card from hand.
A bit silly:
Play cards on Restore Terok Nor as though from hand.

By Jaybird
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
If we're trying to stick to Jake Sisko, how about something like:
[Evt]
To play this card you must command Mouth of the Wormhole, 3 [TN] personnel and no other Headquarters. Plays in your core. When you are about to discard a card off the top of your deck, you may ignore that action.
Or similarly, you could draw a card instead, or something else altogether.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
If we're going to have an alternative to the Dissident Discard, I think it should come from the [Car] / [Dom] side of things. In fact, I'd like to see something that nets you a benefit from having both [Car] [TN] and [Dom] [TN] . Granted, such a card could be used in a Cardassia Prime/Founder Homeworld deck, but then you've got all the drawbacks associated with a dual-HQ deck, and it would still make sense from a story-line point of view.

EDIT: Perhaps we could do a new mission that gives a benefit when completed with a [Car] [TN] and/or [Dom] [TN] personnel. The benefit could be a good enough to justify building a deck around that mission. To open it up some (since I know the CC wants to keep missions open to multiple affiliations), it could be available to [Fed] [DS9] and/or [Baj] [DS9] as well.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:EDIT: Perhaps we could do a new mission that gives a benefit when completed with a [Car] [TN] and/or [Dom] [TN] personnel. The benefit could be a good enough to justify building a deck around that mission. To open it up some (since I know the CC wants to keep missions open to multiple affiliations), it could be available to [Fed] [DS9] and/or [Baj] [DS9] as well.
Hmm...

[S] Defend Station
[AQ], 30 Points
Leadership, Navigation, Officer and Cunning > 31
Region: Bajor System.
You may face [P] dilemmas at this mission. If this is the first mission you solved and you solved it with a non-Dissident [Car] [TN] or [Dom] [TN] personnel, score 5 points whenever you solve a mission with such a personnel.
Near wormhole: *something*
[Car] [Dom]
Last edited by nobthehobbit on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:If we're going to have an alternative to the Dissident Discard, I think it should come from the [Car] / [Dom] side of things. In fact, I'd like to see something that nets you a benefit from having both [Car] [TN] and [Dom] [TN] . Granted, such a card could be used in a Cardassia Prime/Founder Homeworld deck, but then you've got all the drawbacks associated with a dual-HQ deck, and it would still make sense from a story-line point of view.

EDIT: Perhaps we could do a new mission that gives a benefit when completed with a [Car] [TN] and/or [Dom] [TN] personnel. The benefit could be a good enough to justify building a deck around that mission. To open it up some (since I know the CC wants to keep missions open to multiple affiliations), it could be available to [Fed] [DS9] and/or [Baj] [DS9] as well.
Ok, as I see it, here's the breakdown:

22 personnel with the [TN] icon
19 from Call to Arms
2 from Necessary Evil
1 from The Undiscovered Country

3 are [Baj]
8 are [Car]
8 are [Dom]
1 is [Fed]
and 2 are [Fer]

7 are Dissident

There are 3 ships with the [TN] icon
1 [Car]
2 [Dom]

Reclaim Terok Nor allows you to report any [Car] & [Dom] to Terok Nor for 3 turns

I would like to see an event either modify this Decay rate, or a similar event that plays on Terok Nor without the Decay

[Evt] Unholy Alliance

while your [Cmd] [Car] personnel & [Cmd] [Dom] personnel are present at Terok Nor, you may report [Car] & [Dom] personnel to Terok Nor.

(Now all we need is a virtual Dukat to go with our virtual Weyoun :D )

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well whatever we come up with should be useable by all factions (or at least a few instead of just 1), like all consuming evil, but perhaps just have a particular bias towards Terok Nor.

Like having a card that is for Dissidents in general instead of just [TN] , then this would help [Baj] [Car] [Fed] [Fer] [TN] [NA] [Rom] alike.

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
An idea

Mined Wormhole (unique)
Event
Cost 4
To play this event you must command 3 [Car] [TN] personal and 3 [Dom] [TN] personal OR three 4 or more cost [DS9] personal. Plays in your core. You may not play any [DS9] or any [Dom] personal who are not [TN] (ignoring Reclaim Terek Nor) at Mouth of the Wormhole. You may play [TN] dissidents, [Car] ships, and [Dom] ships at Mouth of the Wormhole. Mouth of the Wormhole loses any range reduction text and all ships require 2 extra range to move between the [AQ] and [DQ] .
Order - Lose 5 points to destroy this event.

As you can see a very loaded card. Main idea behind it would be it's two dimenional aspect. It works for [TN] and [DS9] decks provided both with advantages and disadvantages. Also I think it is good story line wise for both [TN] and [DS9] . For [DS9] basically you are losing ds9 to the enemy and you mine the wormhole. The dominion has a harder time getting to you then if they are not already in the [AQ] and your occupied station can still play [NA] and [TN] dissedents (or all those left behind). For [TN] it let's you use those fun [Dom] ships you don't get to use as you set up your shipyards in the alpha quadrant and makes it tougher for the [Fed] to use the gamma quadrant as a stop off point for mission solving. Also you lose the ability to play the people who are not already in the [AQ] for the dominion through reclaim terek nor since the wormhole is mined.

A different idea here...

Eliminate Traitors Unique
Event
Cost 2
Plays in your core. At the start of each of your turns every dissident you command is killed (captured if [TN] ). You gain five points for every five [SD] of personal killed or captured by this effect.
Order-Lose ten points and discard your hand to transfer command of this event to an opponent of your choice.

OR

A Healthy Opposition Unique
Event
Cost 4
To play this event you must command 4 [TN] dissidents. Your non dissident [TN] personal gain +1 to all their abilities.

Another Idea

Shock Troops
Event
Cost 2
Plays in your core. You may play one Jem'Hdar, Security personal, or Glinn stacked on your event as if from hand per turn (two if both are [TN] ). You may destroy this event instead of Reclaim Terek Nor if an opponent's card is about to destroy Reclaim Terek Nor.

This last one would let you play applicable personal from your reclaim terek nor (ie effectively no decay) or from your other stacking events such as energize, the play's the thing, etc... Also, it would provide a protection mechanic against them destroying your reclaim terek nor.
Last edited by Avaril on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It think that a new Jake should do something like boosting attributes. Like based on what types of cards are in your discard pile(helped by the dissidents that are played). Although that could be abused by Find Lifeless World. Or based on how many different affiliations you command. Maybe make it so your dissidents can be excluded from Random Selections. Just a few thoughts.

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
reclaim terk nor is a card i never see played. why? answer is easy, to play a deck revolving around it you need to draw it and then try protect it from event destruction and it's own decay.losing it basically means losing the game.I'd like to see a card that makes reclaim terk nor undestroyable by opponents personnel(brunt).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation