The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

Which concept should be developed into the next WotC card?

Concept #1: Missions Galore!
4%
Concept #2: By Any Other Name...
4%
Concept #3: An Ostracize of Our Own
4%
Concept #4: Iconic
6%
Concept #5: The First Lady
39%
Concept #6: Temporal Babies
1%
Concept #7: The "B" Side
40%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Old Kor wrote:Boys and girls - we think about ONE SINGLE CARD
That's true, but take that thought further: One single card (hmmm, lots of options), which will most definitely be a personnel (slightly narrower options), that can be played in one deck (Ah...). And a [TOS] deck at that. (Oh... :( )

What about the other affiliations and sub-affiliations? What about the peeps that aren't keen on playing [TOS]? Picking any other option opens the door to equipment, events and even interrupts. True, they might require a caveat to play, but if it doesn't, it can potentially be used by anyone and in any deck. More fun for the whole community. And far more likely to see some play.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:That's true, but take that thought further: One single card (hmmm, lots of options), which will most definitely be a personnel (slightly narrower options), that can be played in one deck (Ah...). And a [TOS] deck at that. (Oh... :( )
You've made a lot of assumptions here, I think. Who says it'll be a personnel? Who says it'll be limited to one deck? Who says it'll be TOS? A tribute card to Majel could be something representing any of her characters, or it could be a dilemma/interrupt/event card with an image of one of her characters on it, or it could be a dilemma/interrupt/event/ship card representing her work as the voice of the computer. There's absolutely no need to limit yourselves to making a personnel card here.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Okay, I've switched my vote to the Side B card, in part because my gut says we might see Pike, Number One, and Spock from The Cage maybe in next couple of sets. I mean, shouldn't we?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:You've made a lot of assumptions here, I think. Who says it'll be a personnel? Who says it'll be limited to one deck? Who says it'll be TOS?
If the next step of the process follows as the previous one, and card concepts can be voted on by the members of the community, a quick look at the Tribute thread shows the sheer weight of people behind if being "Number One". So, if one of the options is personnel, and one of those later options is character specific, my money's on her...which then leads me to think she'll only turn up in a [TOS] deck (as people haven't been super keen on TOSsers exhibiting the [E] badge).
Maelwys wrote:...or it could be a...card representing her work as the voice of the computer.
Now, that would get my vote. :thumbsup:

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
Maelwys wrote:You've made a lot of assumptions here, I think. Who says it'll be a personnel? Who says it'll be limited to one deck? Who says it'll be TOS?
If the next step of the process follows as the previous one, and card concepts can be voted on by the members of the community, a quick look at the Tribute thread shows the sheer weight of people behind if being "Number One". So, if one of the options is personnel, and one of those later options is character specific, my money's on her...which then leads me to think she'll only turn up in a [TOS] deck (as people haven't been super keen on TOSsers exhibiting the [E] badge).
Maelwys wrote:...or it could be a...card representing her work as the voice of the computer.
Now, that would get my vote. :thumbsup:
Mine too, I just don't want to design it here...

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I changed my vote to the B side because I want a card that can go in any deck (or at least potentially go in any deck) and the First lady would only be [Fed] [TOS] which would suck a$$.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Thanatos_elNyx wrote:I changed my vote to the B side because I want a card that can go in any deck (or at least potentially go in any deck) and the First lady would only be [Fed] [TOS] which would suck a$$.
The "B" Side seems likely to only really go into a [TN] deck.

-crp
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
MidnightLich wrote:
Thanatos_elNyx wrote:I changed my vote to the B side because I want a card that can go in any deck (or at least potentially go in any deck) and the First lady would only be [Fed] [TOS] which would suck a$$.
You want choices? Go with Temporal Babies! I can see possibilities for [Baj], [Fed] [DS9], [Kli], or [NA]. :shifty:

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
That is a good point. Maybe a card that affects icons (Shameless plug)would have a more universal apeal.
By the way if the votes end this close, it would be a good idea to do a vote off between the two.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
Well unlike the First Lady, the B Side could potentially have gameplay that can be used by anyone but just happens to favour [TN]

By Lysander
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
That is a good point. Maybe a card that affects icons (Shameless plug)would have a more universal apeal.
By the way if the votes end this close, it would be a good idea to do a vote off between the two.
I to would like to have a runoff vote between the two options.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
wweist wrote:I am totally against this idea, Chad
Seconded. If people had wanted something else to win, they would've voted differently. Why make everyone go through another round of voting? Members of the Community (who wanted to) have spoken!

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
wweist wrote:I am totally against this idea, Chad
Seconded. If people had wanted something else to win, they would've voted differently. Why make everyone go through another round of voting? Members of the Community (who wanted to) have spoken!
It might make a difference to the 14 people who votd for one of the less popular options. They might have prefered a different option, but now that they know it isn't gonna happen, they can vote for the lesser of the two evils.
Some people might disapprove of one so much that they will not work on it at all, but would be willing to help with the other. So in order to get the most participation in the card creation I thought it would make sense to have a runoff vote.
So far two people have agreed with a run-off vote, and two are against it. Maybe we should have a vote to see if there is a run-off vote :P . (Just kidding.) I'm sure if there is not a runoff vote it won't make a big difference in particpants (maybe one or two) so maybe it's not worth the effort. It was just a suggestion the commitee can decide what it wants to do.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]