The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
WotC II - Decision #5: Out There, Thataway...
"Second star to the left... and straight on 'till morning." - Captain Kirk (via Peter Pan)

The Will of the Collective has taken us from the generic...

Concept #7: The "B" Side
An alternative strategy to Jake Sisko (Reporter Behind the Lines) for a Terok Nor deck.

...to the specific:

Concept I
A card that links the [Car] and [Dom] affiliations (like Fitting In, or paying one affiliation's cost for the other's benefit.)

Concept I was submitted by Joel Skon, Jared Hoffman, and Sandy Barnabas. There were a lot of interesting concepts, and a lot of good and interesting discussions during the voting process. The design team liked more than one of the choices, and you never know what might show up in the future...

But lets focus on the here and now, and on the will of the people. The next step is one of the most exciting - submitting the actual idea for game text. In the first Will of the Collective, we'd already decided the card type when we reached this step. This year, it's wide open (except we know it won't be a dilemma) and it will depend entirely on which gametext submission wins the popular vote.

Before we go over the rules for submitting your gametext, we want to quote the "story background" for the [TN] icon we mentioned a few decision steps ago:
First of all, cards with the [TN] icon are restricted to storyline from the six-episode arc that introduced season six of Deep Space Nine (and the very tail end of the 5th season finale, "Call to Arms." Specifically, the episodes "A Time to Stand," "Rocks and Shoals," "Sons and Daughters," "Behind the Lines," "Favor the Bold," and "Sacrifice of Angels." Even more specifically, only story from the scenes aboard the station in those episodes is eligible for [TN] icon love. Please note that this does not include any story from the occupation-era, when the station was called Terok Nor but was in orbit of Bajor. Remember that the name of the headquarters is Mouth of the Wormhole (Terok Nor), and you'll remember what storyline you can draw from.

But, while this is useful information to get you in the right mood, we won't be worrying about story just yet. As the [TN] sub-affiliation stands right now, they really only have two defining characteristics: the access to a lot of different affiliations; and, the Dissident discard mechanic. As it stands, Mouth of the Wormhole (Terok Nor) can natively report personnel and ships from six affiliations: [Baj], [Car], [Dom], [Fed], [Fer], and [NA].

Dissident discard came into its own as a strategy when Jake Sisko (Reporter Behind the Lines) was released in Necessary Evil. He is a great example of the type of card we're ultimately going to produce in this WoTC: a single card that enables or defines and entire strategy.

Other than multiculturalism and the Dissident discard deck, there isn't much affiliation or mechanical definition for the [TN] sub-affiliation. That means that there is a lot of potential to explore as we progress into this next step, in which we must refine the broad concept into something much more specific.
Now, we invite all of you to submit your ideas for the card's game text, keeping in mind both the generic and the specific card concepts outlined above. (Ideas that do not fall in line with the concepts will not be considered!)

One suggestion about card types and game text submissions: at this stage, it's better to be as unspecific as possible. In other words, if you can submit your game text idea without tying it to a specific card type, that's a good thing!

By all means, if you have an idea that only really works as a core event, go ahead and submit the event with the game text "Plays in your core." But, if it might work equally well on a play-and-go event, an interrupt, or even a personnel, why not leave it vague? See what the community does with it, should it be selected?

For example, look at Jake Sisko (Reporter Behind the Lines). This first line of game text comes directly from him being a Dissident (specifically, a [TN] Dissident), but the "key" ability of his text would work equally well on a core event, too (with some minor rewording.)

Essentially, we suggest you don't get too hung up on what card type your game text will be on (unless it matters too much), and worry more about submitting fun and interesting text.

So, are you ready to pitch your ideas? Here's the procedure for this step's submissions:

1. Submissions are due on or before MIDNIGHT (server time, GMT-5) on Wednesday, 22 April 2009. That gives you just over a week from the initial posting of this thread.

2. Submissions must be sent via email to cplaine AT gmail DOT com (obviously, you'll have to replace the AT and the DOT with the correct symbols.)

3. Please, please, please make the subject of your email WoTC2 Submission, or you run the risk of your submissions being missed.

4. Emails should just contain your game text, your real name, and your message board handle.

5. Each participant can submit any number of concepts, but each submission must be in a separate email. Please try and be reasonable with your submissions - it's better to send in two well-thought ideas than fifteen thrown together ideas.

6. In the event that multiple people submit the same (or very similar) game text, only the individual that first submitted the idea will get to make decisions about the card (like it's play test title); however, all users that submitted the idea will get mentioned.

Once we receive all the submissions, the design team will select a small sample of them for you to choose from via a community vote. (Give us some time, as this likely to take awhile.) Sound good?

If you have any questions, please post them here. Otherwise, we look forward to reading your ideas and moving forward.

-crp

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I feel that this concept is very open.

Basically we are creating a card that benifits using both [Dom] and [Car]. What I am thinking is that we should brainstorm the different bonuses that you could get from using these cultures together.

I'll start with a few simple bonuses, and people can add to the list.

Bonuses
1. Personnel Attribute Bonus
2. Ship Attribute Bonus
3. Extra counters or Extra Draws or Reduced Cost
4. Event protection
5. Protection From Dilemmas while facing (Stopping/Killing)
6. Dilemma Avoidance (placing under mission before attempting)
7. Bonus Points

Or I suppose it could have a negative effect on the opponent.

Opponent Penalties
1. Personnel Attribute Penalties
2. Ship Attribute Penalties
3. Less counters per turn/ Increased costs
4. Event Destruction
5. Increase Dilemma Efectiveness (add skills to requirments?)
6. Drawing extra Dilemmas
7. Take away points / Prevent bonus points
8. Discard cards from hand/ Lower maximum hand size

Which Benifits/Pentalties would best fit with a [Car] [Dom] alliance?

I feel that punishing your opponent makes more sense for these two "villian" affiliations, but it is hard to make a punishment strategy that is worth builiding a deck around.

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Taking overcome dilemmas and returning to your dilemma pile is one effective way. Probably overpowered anyway you look at it though

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The two ways on personnel right now are Shran who has to be stopped by a dilemma and you have to discard a card to return one. The other is McCoy who you can play once for a 5 cost to return two back (obviously he can be returned to hand or removed from the game and replayed). There really isn't a whole lot to go off of in regards to costing a personnel for this. But anything is possible.
 -  
Prophet
We've only had four people submit ideas so four! There are hundreds of creative people out there in the community - we know you have ideas! Send them in!

-crp

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My email is down, so I submitt it here

1. Something to move dilemmas around

2. A version of what cost triggering off dissedents

3. Cheater card involving either having an "alliance group" with a cardassian a jemmie a vorta and a founder together or killing off your cardassians

4. A hand weapon for dommion and cardassians
 -  
Prophet
Mogor wrote:My email is down, so I submitt it here

3. Cheater card involving either having an "alliance group" with a cardassian a jemmie a vorta and a founder together or killing off your cardassians

These are not "game text." They are all concepts, but the community has already chosen it's concept. Please review the first post in this thread for the concepts chosen.

-crp

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
Mogor wrote:My email is down, so I submitt it here

These are not "game text." They are all concepts, but the community has already chosen it's concept. Please review the first post in this thread for the concepts chosen.

-crp
my bad I unfortunately lack the talent to express these in game text formats but here goes nothing

1. When you stop your 3 cost or greater cardassian who is present with your unique founder reveal the top dilemma of your oppenants dilemma pile

2. When your cardassian dissendent is stopped unstop your stopped [Dom]

3. Initate an engagement and for each different species present gain a skill of your choice on a gold star personnel present, if you win. at the end of this engagement/assault unstop all personnal present you may not begin another assault / engagement
4. If you command terok nor, all present [dom] and [Car] gain +1 strength when facing a dilemma and in combat.

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Sample gametext (due to me being too lazy to put it in an email):

Event
Cost 3

Decay 3 (At the start of each turn place the top card of your deck on this card).
Once a turn you may play one [Car] personnal or [Car] ship at Terek Nor at -1 cost for each pair of [Car] and [Dom] personnal at Terek Nor. At the end of each turn you may take one [TN] card stacked on any of your events into your hand.

Okay, bad way to phrase that probably but you get my point.
 -  
Prophet
I don't mean to be difficult, but if you'd like to submit your ideas, can you please follow the procedures in the top post? I have filters set in up in my email to catch all of the submissions (so I don't miss any) and make it easier on me.

-crp

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
i see what you're trying to do here in emcompassing all the ideas but that card is too wordy and open to huge abuse.Here's my submission:

[Dom] and [Car] personnel may be played at Terek Nor. When you play a [Car] personnel, kill a [Dom] personnel. when you play a [Dom] personnel, discard cards from hand equal to theat personnels cost.

Basically I'm using both sides of the affiliations. Another option would be to make this a decay event that played on terek nor but I don't like the event idea due to how easy it is for a lock out.

Here's another 1.

Kill a captive to place the top card of your opponents dilema pile under an incomplete mission.

Again using both ideas of captuirng and dilema manipulation.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
What about a walk the line type card, but instead of preventing stops it prevents kills.

Decay 3
When your [Car] personnel is about to be killed by a dilemma place your [Dom] personnel on this event to prevent that.
When your [Dom] personnel is about to be killed bya dilemma place your [Car] personnel on this event to prevent that.

Or maybe a similar card, but with a different effect?

Order - Stop your [Car] personnel aboard a your [Dom] ship to make that ship attributes +1 until end of turn.
Order - Stop your [Dom] personnel aboard your [Car] ship to make that ship attributes +1 until end of turn.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Here's more brainstorming.

I was thinking that maybe a card that said something like this would lead to a definate departure from the dissidents decks.

Plays on your mouth of the wormhole. While there are no dissidents at this location, each of your [Car] personnel is attributes +1 and each of your [Dom] personnel is attributes +1.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Dudes, what's with all the submissions here? Your email not working or something? :?

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]