The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Dudes, what's with all the submissions here? Your email not working or something? :?
I think that we will be better served if we do some brainstorming together. I think discussions like this often spark an idea that would not have been concieved of if everyone just submitted ideas individually.

I was brainstorming ideas to see if anyone else had stuff to contribute. I would encourage anyone who has submitted an idea already to post it here too. It's not what people are used to, but it doesn't really matter if someone "steals" your idea from here anyway, cause you ain't gettin credit for anyway.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, not to be a Negative N... hrm, there wasn't really a major character whose name started with N, was there...

Anyway, not to be negative, but... if we're restricted to just those episodes, well... the Terok Nor-ians didn't exactly attempt a whole lot of missions in that time, they were mostly... y'know, occupying. At least, the [Car] and [Dom] were. The dissidents were doing stuff.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Peers wrote:So, not to be a Negative N... hrm, there wasn't really a major character whose name started with N, was there...

Anyway, not to be negative, but... if we're restricted to just those episodes, well... the Terok Nor-ians didn't exactly attempt a whole lot of missions in that time, they were mostly... y'know, occupying. At least, the [Car] and [Dom] were. The dissidents were doing stuff.
I thought about that too, but the one thing they were trying to do was to take down the minefeild. It would make sense that the card could represent the benifit that the Cardassians and Dominion would have had if they had gotten the mine feild down.

In fact, that's a great idea, why not make it a mission in the Bajor Region that is attemptable by [Car] and [Dom] and then gives those afiiliations some bonus when it is completed.

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:
Peers wrote:So, not to be a Negative N... hrm, there wasn't really a major character whose name started with N, was there...

I thought about that too, but the one thing they were trying to do was to take down the minefeild. It would make sense that the card could represent the benifit that the Cardassians and Dominion would have had if they had gotten the mine feild down.

In fact, that's a great idea, why not make it a mission in the Bajor Region that is attemptable by [Car] and [Dom] and then gives those afiiliations some bonus when it is completed.
Oh, I really like this idea. Here goes a concept.

Mission
Destroy Minefield
Region: Bajor
To attempt [Car] [Dom]
Span 1
Space
35 Points
Text: When this mission has been completed you may play [Dom] Personnal and Ships at Mouth of the Wormhole: Terek Nor.
Mission Reqs: 2 [Car] personnal, 1 [Dom] personnal, 2 Leadership, 1 Officer, and Cunning > 35.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Foreman, Avaril,

I really like this mission idea. Feels more functional than most of the rest, thus far. However, since we already have Reclaim Terok Nor, how about changing the "when you have completed this mission" text/benefit to something along these lines...

"w y h c t m, you may download and place Reclaim Terok Nor on this mission (cards an opponent owns may not prevent or destroy that event). Ignore its' Decay text/requirements and your [Car] and [Dom] ships now also add [TN] for rest of the game.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Reminder, all submissions must be emailed to cplaine AT gmail DOT com by Midnight (server time) on Wednesday. That's just under two days from now.

-crp

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Why does destroying the minefield have to be a mission?

I have at least one card idea submitted where you could name it "Take down the minefield" and it would actually make sense.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Avaril wrote: Text: When this mission has been completed you may play [Dom] Personnal and Ships at Mouth of the Wormhole: Terek Nor.
One problem that comes to mind is that you'll either need to solve this one first (in order to play your [Dom] cards), or you'll need to play both HQs (in which case, do you need this card at all?) How about thusly?
Code: Select all
You may play [Dom] personnel and ships [i]at cost +x?[/i] at Mouth of the Wormhole: Terok Nor.
Adjust the mission stats to account for the fact that it's a quasi-HQ (fewer points, or harder requirements). Possibly make cards more expensive if we need a further balance.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
prehaps like dm rules where additional cost is required to deploy personnal at non hq missions. So an event which says you may play your non- [TN] [Car] + [Dom] personnel at Terok Nor for cost + x

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
karonofborg13 wrote:Foreman, Avaril,

I really like this mission idea. Feels more functional than most of the rest, thus far. However, since we already have Reclaim Terok Nor, how about changing the "when you have completed this mission" text/benefit to something along these lines...

"w y h c t m, you may download and place Reclaim Terok Nor on this mission (cards an opponent owns may not prevent or destroy that event). Ignore its' Decay text/requirements and your [Car] and [Dom] ships now also add [TN] for rest of the game.
Okay this is an awesome idea. I love getting rid of a copy of reclaim (since you probably should/would stock it anyways if using this type of must complete mission thing before getting full benefits).

Edit: idea submitted with your gametext and reducing the points on mission to 30.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:Why does destroying the minefield have to be a mission?

I have at least one card idea submitted where you could name it "Take down the minefield" and it would actually make sense.
It doesn't have to be a mission, it was just a suggestion. If feels right thematically.

Oh here is a fun idea,
what if to complete the mission you needed the skills on any dissidents at mouth of the wormhole. It would discourage you using them yourself, and would let the opponent interfere with your attempt, and the possible penalty would give more points/easier requirements.

Maybe

Engineer + Physics + Programming and cunning >28
While a dissident is at mouth of the wormhole add that personnel's skills to this missions requirements.
When you complete this mission each of [Dom] card you own gains [TN].
30 points

thoughts?

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Why does destroying the minefield have to be a mission?

It doesn't have to be a mission, it was just a suggestion. If feels right thematically.

Oh here is a fun idea,
what if to complete the mission you needed the skills on any dissidents at mouth of the wormhole. It would discourage you using them yourself, and would let the opponent interfere with your attempt, and the possible penalty would give more points/easier requirements.

Maybe

Engineer + Physics + Programming and cunning >28
While a dissident is at mouth of the wormhole add that personnel's skills to this missions requirements.
When you complete this mission each of [Dom] card you own gains [TN].
30 points

thoughts?
It's a cool idea. Easier mission reqs with anti-dissident penalty is interesting. Only issue I see is that it does not seem to have much [Car] [Dom] synergy.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Well, submissions are closed. I'll be presenting the options to the design team here shortly, and hope to get back to you next week with another vote!

In the mean time, keep up the speculation and post your ideas and comments!

-crp
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]