The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

Which game text should be turned into a card?

Choice Alpha (+1 Dilemmas)
3%
Choice Beta (Decay Protection & Cycling)
6%
Choice Gamma (Tricycle)
No votes
0%
Choice Delta (Bonus Point Mission)
No votes
0%
Choice Epsilon (Trade 2:1)
41%
Choice Zeta ([TN] Transformation)
6%
Choice Eta (Nuke a Dilemma)
38%
Choice Theta (Battle to Add Skills)
3%
Choice Iota (Stop to Unstop)
4%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
WotC II - Decision #6: The Game's Afoot
"An ancestor of mine maintained that if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains – however improbable – must be the truth." - Spock

The design team has reviewed the many, many, many selections for cards and has decided to present the following XXX options to you for the game text for your selected concepts:
An alternative strategy to Jake Sisko (Reporter Behind the Lines) for a Terok Nor deck that links the [Car] and [Dom] affiliations (like Fitting In, or paying one affiliation's cost for the other's benefit.)
First, we'll show you the choices that we're presenting for you. After you've taken a look at the choices, please take a look at some key pieces of information after that, that you might want to consider before you cast your final vote.

Choice Alpha
When personnel the player on your right commands begin a mission attempt at an [AQ] mission, if all your non-[NA] personnel are [Car] or [Dom], you may draw one extra dilemma and spend one extra in total cost on dilemmas.
Choice Beta
While you command three [Car] personnel and three [Dom] personnel, cards your opponents own cannot destroy your Decay events.
Order - Discard a Decay event from hand to draw a card.
Choice Gamma
Plays on your Mouth of the Wormhole where you command a [TN] personnel. When you play a Dissident, he or she is cost +2. When you play a [Car][TN] personnel or a [Dom][TN] personnel, you may discard a [TN] card from hand to draw three cards. You may do this only once each turn.
Choice Delta
When your personnel complete this mission, if you command three [Car] personnel and three [Dom] personnel, score 10 points.
Choice Epsilon
While you command a [TN] personnel at your Mouth of the Wormhole and no Dissident personnel, choose one: stop two [Car] personnel to place a [Dom] personnel from hand at your Mouth of the Wormhole; or, stop two [Dom] personnel to place a [Car] personnel from hand at your Mouth of the Wormhole.
Choice Zeta
When you play this card, choose one: each [Car] card you own becomes [Dom] and gains [TN]; or, each [Dom] card you own becomes [Car] and gains [TN]. Your personnel may attempt and complete your [AQ] missions. When you command a Dissident, destroy this event.
Choice Eta
To play this card, you must command three [Car][TN] personnel and three [Dom][TN] personnel. When you play this card, choose an opponent to reveal the top three dilemmas of his or her dilemma pile. Choose one, then that player removes that dilemma and each copy of that dilemma from the game, then shuffles and replace the dilemma pile.
Choice Theta
When you win a combat or an engagement involving your [Car] personnel and your [Dom] personnel, you may remove an Assualt event or a Maneuver event in your core from the game to name Officer, Leadership or Security. While your opponent is facing a dilemma, add one level of the named skill to each of that dilemma's requirements until the start of your next turn.
Choice Iota
You may only execute one order on this card each turn.
Order - Stop your [Car] personnel to unstop your stopped [Dom] personnel at that mission.
Order - Stop your [Dom] personnel to unstop your stopped [Car] personnel at that mission.
The first thing you should do is go back and re-read each of the options carefully. We've done an initial "trek lingo" pass on them, to bring them all up to what should be standard language for the game. But it is always a good idea to read and re-read the cards.

Now, we want you to know a few facts about these pieces of game text, and how they might play out moving forward. Some of them will have a few different options for card types, while others will be limited, either in type or in lore-potential.

Choice Delta must be a mission. However, the game text is short enough to have lengthy requirements and have lore as well.

Choice Theta must be either an event or an interrupt, and has to have its text compressed to fit. Therefore, there would be no room for lore.

Choices Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, and Iota are limited to equipment, events or interrupts, but would all have room for at least one line of lore.

Choices Alpha, Beta and Gamma could fit on equipment, events, interrupts, personnel or ships. Lore would be guaranteed on events or interrupts; it would also be likely on a ship or a personnel, but might not be guaranteed.

Like the previous poll, this one is set up to allow you to change your vote as often as you like before the deadline; however, you can only vote for one option. So you can change your mind, if you wish. Perhaps someone makes a persuasive argument, or maybe you want to throw your support behind an underdog instead.

In the meantime, please use this thread to discuss your opinions, your votes, and the pros and cons of each of the nine game texts outlined above. Once the polls close, FRIDAY, MAY 8TH, 2009 @ MIDNIGHT, we will proceed with determining the Will of the Collective!

Enjoy!

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I voted Epsilon; from my point of view, the problem with a non-Dissident [TN] deck is that... well, there's good Cardie personnel, there's good Dominion personnel, but very few of them are [TN] personnel. Epsilon would give a single-HQ [TN] a boost to make it an alternative to just running dual-HQ Cardie/Dommie.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I've already voted Eta. Dilemma pile destruction seems to me to be the best choice for a legitimate "alternative Strategy" for Terok Nor. To me, the focus is on "strategy". Not gimmick, not trick, and certainly not something that some other HQ does as its "primary tactic". We got Tenous Alliance, I say lets kick it up a notch with Eta.

Terok Nor needs to be able to do what other affiliations do as a matter of course - make war on opponent's dilemmas. (like Kirk, Reyga, Borg in general)
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Epsilon is the card I'd want, especially on an Equipment. Generates some much needed speed while promoting the Trek-sense of the Terok Nor episode arc - Cardassians and the Dominion working together. Outstanding. So that's my vote. Epsilon.

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I voted Eta but I like both that one and Epsilon. Either should provide a significant boost to [TN]

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Choice Epsilon
While you command a [TN] personnel at your Mouth of the Wormhole and no Dissident personnel, choose one: stop two [Car] personnel to place a [Dom] personnel from hand at your Mouth of the Wormhole; or, stop two [Dom] personnel to place a [Car] personnel from hand at your Mouth of the Wormhole.
Maybe I oversaw something, but doesn't the "while" imply that I can "choose" several times per turn? Then this card is pretty strong (unless it's an artefact costing 8 counters or similar) if you play with a high-cost/weenie-mix. I know both Cardies and Dominion do not have that much ridiculously high-costed personnel like Fed and Bajor, but at least we should (if this card gets picked) think about adding a "once per turn" thingy.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
No i agree actually. the cost here is minimal. Maybe uping it to 3 personnel might make it balanced but as it stands both affiliations have very cheap personnel(not a bad thing)and won't have a problem with this.Making it an event makes it pointless as oppoents will just watch for it while anything else just makes it too strong. I actually hope this strategy works but see it as being too strong in its current format. Maybe the once a turn provisor might make it balanced.?? i'll hold off on my vote till I see other comments.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:I've already voted Eta. Dilemma pile destruction seems to me to be the best choice for a legitimate "alternative Strategy" for Terok Nor. To me, the focus is on "strategy". Not gimmick, not trick, and certainly not something that some other HQ does as its "primary tactic". We got Tenous Alliance, I say lets kick it up a notch with Eta.

Terok Nor needs to be able to do what other affiliations do as a matter of course - make war on opponent's dilemmas. (like Kirk, Reyga, Borg in general)
You talked me into Eta.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Borgified Tribble wrote: Maybe I oversaw something, but doesn't the "while" imply that I can "choose" several times per turn? Then this card is pretty strong (unless it's an artefact costing 8 counters or similar) if you play with a high-cost/weenie-mix. I know both Cardies and Dominion do not have that much ridiculously high-costed personnel like Fed and Bajor, but at least we should (if this card gets picked) think about adding a "once per turn" thingy.
I dunno... I think it makes good Trek-sense (to represent the 'occupying force' being too strong to fight immediately/head-to-head), and makes good Game-sense (since every personnel you place means two personnel get stopped and aren't available for missions). Plus... y'know, what else does non-Dissident Terok Nor have going for it?

... tho I do see the arguement for Eta, and I'm considering switching my vote. I'll think about it.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Borgified Tribble wrote:Choice Epsilon
Maybe I oversaw something, but doesn't the "while" imply that I can "choose" several times per turn? Then this card is pretty strong (unless it's an artefact costing 8 counters or similar) if you play with a high-cost/weenie-mix. I know both Cardies and Dominion do not have that much ridiculously high-costed personnel like Fed and Bajor, but at least we should (if this card gets picked) think about adding a "once per turn" thingy.

Or maybe I'm wrong.
Depends on the card type it ends up on. Maybe it's an event that's a one-off, or an interrupt. But adding a limit is an option, to whichever card might eventually become the winner.

Most of the cards are type/position neutral, as written.

-crp

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think that both Eta and Epsilon would make great cards while not becoming too powerful that they would need erratted later. They also give us some interesting choices for card types.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Um, choice zeta might need some affiliation restriction. In it's current version it can be played by any affiliation and it has the sentence.

"Your personnel may attempt and complete your [AQ] missions."

This means any affiliation could use this event to attempt any [AQ] mission.

I have to say that I like the idea of decay event protection the most. It protects your reclaim terok nor, but can also be used with other interesting events. It would open up a new theme for terok nor involving decay events. (And it helps to power sylvia which is very cardassian.)

My second choice is eta though, so I"ll probably have to end up switching my vote to that. I think it makes some thematic sense too, since terok nor is a mining station, and you are minning your opponent's dillema pile. It would actaully be an interesting theme for terok nor if they had other cards that keyed of of the opponent's dilemma pile.

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I voted Epsilon. Although I think it and the other leader atm both have potential balance issues. Particularly a multiple dilemma remover that does not remove itself from the game. With some cycling cards you could potentially eliminate a small dilemma pile very quickly. With Epsilon, I would very much hope that we can get a vote if it wins to restrict it to once a turn or tweak it to stop 3 for one. (Last thing I want to see is for it to be a one off or an artifact either of which would make it hard to justify in a deck).

What I like about epsilon is it provides a robust alternative for a single headquarter [TN] deck. Better then Reclaim Terok Nor if you choose to give up your dissidents and shouldn't be hard to figure out a lore/name/picture for the concept.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation