The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

Which game text should be turned into a card?

Choice Alpha (+1 Dilemmas)
3%
Choice Beta (Decay Protection & Cycling)
6%
Choice Gamma (Tricycle)
No votes
0%
Choice Delta (Bonus Point Mission)
No votes
0%
Choice Epsilon (Trade 2:1)
41%
Choice Zeta ([TN] Transformation)
6%
Choice Eta (Nuke a Dilemma)
38%
Choice Theta (Battle to Add Skills)
3%
Choice Iota (Stop to Unstop)
4%

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Hoss-Drone wrote:epsilon is not a strategy. Its a gimmick. A trick. It doesn't necessarily bring you closer to winning - it just gets you more people on the table. It's like saying that Energize is a strategy.

Energize is not a strategy. Its a facilitator for getting people on the table. Weenie overload is a strategy.

Dilemma pile destruction or Dilemma removal is a strategy.
Energize may not be the strategy in and of itself, but it does facilitate the weenie overload strategy. Likewise, Epsilon could facilitate an acceleration strategy.

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:epsilon is not a strategy. Its a gimmick. A trick. It doesn't necessarily bring you closer to winning - it just gets you more people on the table. It's like saying that Energize is a strategy.

Energize is not a strategy. Its a facilitator for getting people on the table. Weenie overload is a strategy.

Dilemma pile destruction or Dilemma removal is a strategy.
Energize may not be the strategy in and of itself, but it does facilitate the weenie overload strategy. Likewise, Epsilon could facilitate an acceleration strategy.
Yup, it also would allow a way to play [Dom] or [Car] cards without a self destroying card. It may not be a strategy in itself, but it makes a lot of strategies with [TN] possible. Some are...

1) Weenie overload.
2) Pure mission solving with quality high cost personal
3) Speed infiltrators with capture
4) Aggressive offensive deck, utilizing [Dom] engagement cards with good old queen's cube download.

That's why I still think this is the superior option. It let's [TN] decks be able to do many different things making them more interesting to play.

The dilemma version...let's you screw with your opponents dilemma's which is awesome, but it's a one trick pony. It's kind of like Jake in that respect.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Borgified Tribble wrote:Can you really imagine two Jemmies "stopping" themselves to get another Cardie on the station? Or vice versa?
Who says they are stopping "themselves"? I'm sure some Trek Sense (or atleast story sense) can be worked out here...

(Not that I voted for this option anyway.)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Avaril wrote: It may not be a strategy in itself,........
The fact its not an "alternative strategy to jake sisko" to me, means it should not be voted for and should just be left to the designers to decide if they want to include it in a future set seperately. The WoTC goal is not to make a "facilitator card for terok nor" its to create an "alternative strategy to Jake Sisko".

Maybe its just the lawyer in me, but I think we should be following both the spirit and the letter of the law on this one.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:
The fact its not an "alternative strategy to jake sisko" to me, means it should not be voted for and should just be left to the designers to decide if they want to include it in a future set seperately. The WoTC goal is not to make a "facilitator card for terok nor" its to create an "alternative strategy to Jake Sisko".

Maybe its just the lawyer in me, but I think we should be following both the spirit and the letter of the law on this one.
A strategy is a series of significant choices made in order to attempt to gain position in the game. Hence, *choosing* to play without dissidents in order to play more personnel is, in fact, a strategy.

And lets be honest here, if we are really going to do things according to "the spirit and the letter of the law," then we should not be voting for something that clearly works "in addition to" rather than "an alternative to" Jake Sisko.

And seriously, is dilemma removal really "a strategy" worth developing? What can you possibly accomplish with dilemma removal? Sure, you *could* thin down the opponent's dilemma pile. But in all reality, if players started losing their dilemma piles, they would just make them bigger- hence completely and totally removing the "strategy" of dilemma removal.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Eta is not a strategy. It's a gimmick. A trick. It doesn't necessarily bring you closer to winning - it just removes dilemmas from your opponent's dilemma pile. It's like saying William T. Riker, Exchange Officer is a strategy.

Riker is not a strategy. It's a facilitator for meeting dilemma requirements to overcome dilemmas. Overcoming dilemmas is a strategy.

Resource acceleration is a strategy.

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I voted for Beta. Terok Nor has some great Decay event cards, but no one plays them because of event destruction. Those Decay events open up a lot of alternative strategy not even touched by most players because it is so vernable to event destruction. Choise Beta will allow Terok Nor players to play with those Decay events and adds a nice cycle of those cards.

There are a lot more : The New Occupation, Spreading Fear, Reclaim Terok Nor, Energize, Quarrentine and who knows what else to come.

Decay could become the new Terok Nor thing!

By Kangaxx
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Runner-Up 2022
2E Chairman's Challenge Winner 2013
I voted beta myself, but switched now because with the other choices it wasn't going to win this vote. Still, I hope to see something like it in the future.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:

Yeah, and where's Jake Sisko's birth certificate, HUH?

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]