I voted equip for a few reasons.
1) Equip is tougher to get rid of then events. With Reclaim being pretty much barely ever used because of it's decay AND easy destruction from equip cards that is a pretty big reason. Any deck that wanted to utilize this card would have to rely on it. Without dissidents
sucks pretty bad after all.
2) Text space economy. Most people assume this card will have to have some restriction added. With an equipment type I can see the restrictive text on the card (something along the lines of requiring
and mouth of the wormhole out) being cut down to a simple only plays on Mouth of the Wormhole.
3) Equip is very underused in 2nd Edition.
4) I thought of a couple of ideas of equipment cards that would work for this and others suggested some more. These represent the cooperation of the
forces (or tension) and how working together they could accomplish more. Some of these include...Anti-Graviton Emitter, Terok Nor Tactical Display, VR Headset, and Terok Nor Turbolift. Now, is it easier to make an event (that can be any verb/noun/adjective combination) of course, but it is hardly needed.
5) interrupt would have been useless. Seriously, a one shot way to get in someone you could not get in before and in exchange you give up your dissidents. Reclaim exists now and is a superior card for this sort of a thing. Sure you could use it to get in your
peps without paying the cost, but again then you are losing your dissidents for this one card. So really the choice was between event/equip for me. I would have voted for personnel given the choice...something like
Weyon, Dominion Representative to Terok Nor
Voted on Card Text without need for restrictive text already in there...maybe a once a turn added.
6) Someone said they would try to kill the card if the vote went against them. The my way way or no way argument pretty much never works for me