The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

What kind of card type should Epsilon be?

Equipment
53%
Event
39%
Interrupt
8%
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Danny wrote:Out of curiousity, has anyone who's voted for equipment got an idea of what that equipment could actually be?
What about Damar's White-poisoning plan as a PADD (screengrab of the PADD planted in Quarks)? It would represent the fact that the two sides work together, but the stopping is that they don't really get along and still fight.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Assuming it becomes an equipment....

"Terok Nor Turbolift" - picture of the jem'hadar and cardassians in the turbolift right before Kira stepped into it.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
The Guardian wrote:
Danny wrote:Out of curiousity, has anyone who's voted for equipment got an idea of what that equipment could actually be?
What about Damar's White-poisoning plan as a PADD (screengrab of the PADD planted in Quarks)? It would represent the fact that the two sides work together, but the stopping is that they don't really get along and still fight.
I second this. "Damar's private PADD" could very well work. Lore could be "Not so private, after all." or something culled from the revelation within that episode, if humorous enough and such exists.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I just don't see the point of having it as an equipment, really, unless we rewrite it to have some sort of equipment-related properties. Like, you can only stop personnel present with the equipment, or it has to be present with a Dom Dip/Cardie Lead or Cardie Dip/Dom Lead, or something like that.

Unless there's something equipment-like about it, then there's no reason not to have it as an event that plays on Mouth of the Wormhole.

To me, the big difference between events and equipment is that equipment moves from place to place, ship to ship; events are stationary, they either exist or they don't. If we're going to make this an equipment, we need a good justification for it.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Peers wrote:I just don't see the point of having it as an equipment, really, unless we rewrite it to have some sort of equipment-related properties. Like, you can only stop personnel present with the equipment, or it has to be present with a Dom Dip/Cardie Lead or Cardie Dip/Dom Lead, or something like that.
Mogor wrote:The justifaction is the vote. Which Equipment unfortunately or fortunately as your view may dictate.

Gotta love democracy. Where no matter how stupid the idea or weak the justifICATION, it can happen.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:Gotta love democracy. Where no matter how stupid the idea or weak the justifICATION, it can happen.
I'm really tempted to make a political comment here relating to the last 8 years in the US... but I'll keep it to myself. ;-)

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:The justifaction is the vote.
Um the justifiaction for something is "because lots of people want it".
That is not a justification. It is the reason that it will be an equipment, but it definatly is not a reason for it to be an equipment.

I'm wondering if the people who voted for equipment would say why they voted that way. I know they don't have to, but I am curious. Did anyone vote for equipment for any reason other than equipment is harder to get rid of than events.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The fact that the vote wanted equipment is justifaction. It may not in your view be the strongest justifaction. but according to the system it is 100% legitimate reason and justification to have this card be an equipment. The rest doesn't matter, the thought patterns behind the vote, etc... This explains why several political figures were elected.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Foreman wrote: I'm wondering if the people who voted for equipment would say why they voted that way. I know they don't have to, but I am curious. Did anyone vote for equipment for any reason other than equipment is harder to get rid of than events.
I voted for equipment because it's the underused card type. Can't say there was anything deeper than that on my mind.

Now, if the group can't come up with flavor to make it work as an equipment, I won't march on MidnightLich's house or anything. But if given the choice (and hey look, there's a poll!), I'd rather see an Equipment.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:The fact that the vote wanted equipment is justifaction. It may not in your view be the strongest justifaction. but according to the system it is 100% legitimate reason and justification to have this card be an equipment. The rest doesn't matter, the thought patterns behind the vote, etc... This explains why several political figures were elected.
Sorry, I may have been unclear in what I was trying to say. The fact that the vote was for equipment is a justification for the continuuing commitee to make it an equipment. I am was trying to figure out the justification for the reason people voted equipment.

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I voted equip for a few reasons.

1) Equip is tougher to get rid of then events. With Reclaim being pretty much barely ever used because of it's decay AND easy destruction from equip cards that is a pretty big reason. Any deck that wanted to utilize this card would have to rely on it. Without dissidents [TN] sucks pretty bad after all.

2) Text space economy. Most people assume this card will have to have some restriction added. With an equipment type I can see the restrictive text on the card (something along the lines of requiring [TN] and mouth of the wormhole out) being cut down to a simple only plays on Mouth of the Wormhole.

3) Equip is very underused in 2nd Edition.

4) I thought of a couple of ideas of equipment cards that would work for this and others suggested some more. These represent the cooperation of the [Dom] [Car] forces (or tension) and how working together they could accomplish more. Some of these include...Anti-Graviton Emitter, Terok Nor Tactical Display, VR Headset, and Terok Nor Turbolift. Now, is it easier to make an event (that can be any verb/noun/adjective combination) of course, but it is hardly needed.

5) interrupt would have been useless. Seriously, a one shot way to get in someone you could not get in before and in exchange you give up your dissidents. Reclaim exists now and is a superior card for this sort of a thing. Sure you could use it to get in your [Dom] [TN] or [Car] [TN] peps without paying the cost, but again then you are losing your dissidents for this one card. So really the choice was between event/equip for me. I would have voted for personnel given the choice...something like

Weyon, Dominion Representative to Terok Nor
Cost 4
[TN] [Dom] [Cmd]
[SD] Diplomacy *2
Voted on Card Text without need for restrictive text already in there...maybe a once a turn added.

6) Someone said they would try to kill the card if the vote went against them. The my way way or no way argument pretty much never works for me :D

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
An interrupt that returns to your hand or deck can also become overpowered. An equipment has a cost to play, so even if it is able to come back into your hand or deck, the cost can level the powerfulness of it's purpose or use.

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote: Um the justifiaction for something is "because lots of people want it".
That is not a justification. It is the reason that it will be an equipment, but it definatly is not a reason for it to be an equipment.

I'm wondering if the people who voted for equipment would say why they voted that way. I know they don't have to, but I am curious. Did anyone vote for equipment for any reason other than equipment is harder to get rid of than events.
I voted for Equipment (over Interrupt or Event) for the following reasons:

Equipment cards have cost, Interrupts do not
Equipment cards must be played during your turn, Interrupts may be played at any time.
Equipment cards can only be played where allowed by card text, Interrupts & Events are generally not as restrictive.
Equipment cards are not vulnerable to Event destruction, Event cards are

I would also like to see the following text added to the card:

Can only be played at MotW.
Requires [Cmd] [Car] or [Cmd] [Dom] to be present.
Returns to hand after use
Cost of 4

my :twocents:

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]