The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

What kind of card type should Epsilon be?

Equipment
53%
Event
39%
Interrupt
8%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
And the winner is...
While you command a [TN] personnel at your Mouth of the Wormhole and no Dissident personnel, choose one: stop two [Car] personnel to place a [Dom] personnel from hand at your Mouth of the Wormhole; or, stop two [Dom] personnel to place a [Car] personnel from hand at your Mouth of the Wormhole.
Now it's time to choose the card type. Because of the size of the game text, this choice is limited to equipment, event, or interrupt. There are advantages and disadvantages to all of the different types.

Vote away. This poll will run until Friday, May 15th - then we'll get to work putting the final card together.

-crp

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
The way the card is worded now, I can only vote for interrupt, because the gametext is so insanely powerful that I don't want to see this card being in play permanently.

Other options would be a one-shot event that is destroyed after playing, or an equipment that goes on bottom of the deck, something like that.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
I voted for Equipment. And I have to say that I disagree with Kaiser :P

If you play a deck using Reclaim Terok Nor you are very vulnerable. If I use a card like this I also put more than one or two personell in my deck which are only reportable that way. With this new card there is a second possibility to do that, which is great, and if I have a choice I would make it an equipment, maybe even an artifact, that it`s really safe from destruction (except Equipment Malfunction, but you don't have to take it with you if you're attempting a mission).

I hope that the card must not be destroyed for it's effect, a once each turn should be enough.

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I voted equipment but it does seem a little too powerful. Once per turn perhaps is necessary for balance.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think that equipment can be the most balanced of the alternatives since it requires both the equipment cost which can be set to whatever is appropriate and also the stopping of the personnal.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I thought this would make an interesting event, but when the idea of an equipment was mentioned, I changed my mind.

A limit can be added to make it less crazy, and it will be less vulnerable to destruction. S-SSBolts could swipe it, but only if the TN player is lazy.

Equipment!
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
If it's an equipment, I have a feeling I know which equipment that Mavek is going to download when he's played ;-)

Michael
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
One thing to be aware of: making it an equipment means that it can't really be culturally enforced. At least, there would be no precident for it being culturally enforced. That may be a concern for some of you.

-crp

By garetjax
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
2E Danish National Champion 2015
One thing to be aware of: making it an equipment means that it can't really be culturally enforced.
I don´t know if i really understand the meaning of this, but doesn´t have the gametext of the new card already a sort of cultural enforcement so that only [TN] can use it:
While you command a [TN] personnel at your Mouth of the Wormhole and no Dissident personnel,
And what about the different hand weapons that only give bonus to certain affiliations?

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I voted event, becasue this really doesn't feel like an equipment. Most equipment has an effect on the personnel present, this one seems to have an effect on personnel in your hand.
I also think this needs to be once per turn. If terok nor can play a non- [TN] personnel there once per turn it would be enough especially because that personel is free.
I think making it an interupt makes it too limted.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:One thing to be aware of: making it an equipment means that it can't really be culturally enforced. At least, there would be no precident for it being culturally enforced. That may be a concern for some of you.

-crp
We could try something similar to what ferengi whips and to other weapons have on them or something,

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'm waffling a bit between equipment and event. Right now I've got equipment, but I'm not sure what equipment would make Trek Sense. On the other hand, Events are subject to all sorts of destruction, which hinders the ability of this card to make a new decktype.

Either way I'm all for the "once per turn" limit, and I'm opposed to Interrupt because I do not want it to be a one-shot deal.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Prehaps if the equipment had a caveat saying could only be deployed at Terok Nor or could only be used if you have X Number of [TN] then have it, A. Either go down to the bottom of the draw deck like Horghann or B. Have the cost to play the equipment be rather expensive.

Brainstorm: We could try wording the play restriction like the artifact cards, and have it only deployable if you command a terok nor hq or something like that.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]