The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

What kind of card type should Epsilon be?

Equipment
53%
Event
39%
Interrupt
8%

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:One thing to be aware of: making it an equipment means that it can't really be culturally enforced. At least, there would be no precident for it being culturally enforced. That may be a concern for some of you.

-crp
Gah? Unless you delete text it already requires you to play Mouth of the Wormhole and a [TN] personal. I suppose you could play a [DS9] Mouth of the Wormhole AND use either cardassia or the founder's homeworld to do this. Or use some even more complicated mechanic to do this. I guess we could just change Mouth of the Wormhole to Mouth of the Wormhole, Terek Nor if we want to be picky. /shrug

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Mogor wrote:What I do understand is that this is supposed to be "Will of the Collective" not the Will of the Collective with Hoss-Drone holding "I will do everything to prevent this from being what I want it to be"

As far as costing this as an equipment to keep it balanced and avoid a acceleration. Make it an Unique Equipment, give it a cost of 4, have it do its thing then be placed on the bottom of the deck. Unless your pulling counter shengians already, that should keep the acceleration to a reasonable level.

What I don't want to see is members of the Continuing Committee coming in this thread and making statements that they are going to oppose what they set up in the first place with this "Will of the Collective" event.

I agree with those who said earlier if we want a viable alternative strategy for TN, event's are prone to destruction, Interrupts are 1-offs. Equipment tends to last a little longer.

My statements on here and my opinions about this card are not in any way to be construed as an action of the Continuing Committee as a body politik. My disdain for this card and the idea of it as an event are entirely my personally held beliefs and my actions against it will not be as the Players Rep but as myself, a member of the Will of the Collective.

Keep in mind that anything the Will of the Collective votes on must still make it through Playtesting. So your idea that whatever the collective votes becomes sacrosanct is incorrect. I dont believe that this card as an equipment will make it through playtesting.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I know this isn't the dream card section, but I would like it to be an artifact event (like Ressikan Flute) with Decay: 3, where the cards to be put on this event come from the top of your deck. If the event gets destroyed because of the decay, it and the cards on it will be shuffeled and go to the bottom of the deck. But if the event gets destroyed by an opponent, it and the cards on it go to the discard pile.

Nice game mechanic good for a bit of interaction, but probably way too much text :roll:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:
Mogor wrote:What I do understand is that this is supposed to be "Will of the Collective" not the Will of the Collective with Hoss-Drone holding "I will do everything to prevent this from being what I want it to be"

As far as costing this as an equipment to keep it balanced and avoid a acceleration. Make it an Unique Equipment, give it a cost of 4, have it do its thing then be placed on the bottom of the deck. Unless your pulling counter shengians already, that should keep the acceleration to a reasonable level.

What I don't want to see is members of the Continuing Committee coming in this thread and making statements that they are going to oppose what they set up in the first place with this "Will of the Collective" event.

I agree with those who said earlier if we want a viable alternative strategy for TN, event's are prone to destruction, Interrupts are 1-offs. Equipment tends to last a little longer.

My statements on here and my opinions about this card are not in any way to be construed as an action of the Continuing Committee as a body politik. My disdain for this card and the idea of it as an event are entirely my personally held beliefs and my actions against it will not be as the Players Rep but as myself, a member of the Will of the Collective.

Keep in mind that anything the Will of the Collective votes on must still make it through Playtesting. So your idea that whatever the collective votes becomes sacrosanct is incorrect. I dont believe that this card as an equipment will make it through playtesting.
Then why did they bother even giving an option for equipment in the first place.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:Then why did they bother even giving an option for equipment in the first place.
Because it's an option. And if the "Will of the Collective" is for it to be an equipment, then it'll be made (and tested) as an equipment.
Kevin's personal beliefs are not hard-fast rules. That's just his opinion, that he's trying to use (as everybody else here is) as an argument to sway votes towards his preferred option. It doesn't mean you can't counter argue his points, or continue to vote for whatever your preferred option is.

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm going with a cheap piece of equipment that gets shuffeled back into the deck or returned to hand when used.Theres too much event destruction out there to make an event worthwhile and as others have said, as an interrupt this card wouldn't see play.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Voted equipment (because I don't think equipment gets enough love), but I'm expecting restrictions to be added, because stopping two cheap people to play one expensive one is too powerful on it's own.

eg.
Play four 1 or 2 cost Cardies, stop them to play 2 high-cost Dominion. (or vice versa).

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
Mogor wrote:Then why did they bother even giving an option for equipment in the first place.
Because it's an option. And if the "Will of the Collective" is for it to be an equipment, then it'll be made (and tested) as an equipment.
Kevin's personal beliefs are not hard-fast rules. That's just his opinion, that he's trying to use (as everybody else here is) as an argument to sway votes towards his preferred option. It doesn't mean you can't counter argue his points, or continue to vote for whatever your preferred option is.
Can we get a yes/no as to if we can get another vote with options of restrictions to a specific card type? As in we vote equip. Next vote has options of, restrictions? Example questions : a) leave the text alone (b) Once a turn (c) destroyed on use (d) returns to hand on use (e) artifact.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Folks, the cost is dependant on the card type. Can't tell you the cost until we know the type. Just like we did before - we'll show the card, let you talk about it, and we'll present some options for modifying it - if its not to your liking.

But the type has to be narrowed down first.

(And there's no rule written in stone that says it can't be changed later.)

-crp

By nickybaby
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hypothetically speaking, if this were to become an equipment, whose to say the CC would not create a card in the same set that would make your opponent return to their hand or maybe a card called....

Malfunctioning Equipment
[Event]
Cost: 2

Plays on an equipment. That equipment's gametext is cancelled.

Food for thought...

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I initially like the Interrupt idea, however an equipment usuable by [TN] personnel only would also be interesting. I may have to rethink my vote after more discussion and meditation.

By LCJK
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Folks, the cost is dependant on the card type. Can't tell you the cost until we know the type.
we know that, but for me, the cost of the card is more important than what icon we put in the corner. Right now I feel like we're voting on different cost 'buckets' each with their own unknown array of cost options, so I think that all of the votes are based on uninformed guesses as to what type of cost might be associated with that card type. It would seem to be much more logical to decide these two aspects of the cards the other way around.

By LCJK
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Gumbo wrote:
LCJK wrote:Given that you need 6 TN people in play before you can use this
Where did you get that from I believe you only need a [TN] personel on a mouth of the wormhole and then either 2 [Car] or 2 [Dom] , so it could be as little as 2 people.
you're right, sorry, I was confusing it with the other gametext option. This aspect also strikes me as an obvious way to cost the card or tie it more closely with TN and should probably be left open for discussion/changes.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
My thought is that, since we're doing sort of a mirror opposite of what Jake Siako and The New Resistance but without the discarding so far for the other half of the TN personnel, why not have this card be an event and maybe the CC could come up with a lynchpin personnel for TN that compliments this strategy.

After all, just Jake Sisko isn't nearly as powerful without his complimentary Event to back him up.

Just a thought of mine,
Michael

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]