The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

What kind of card type should Epsilon be?

Equipment
53%
Event
39%
Interrupt
8%
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I'm still happy with the equipment idea. Despite the objections by our distinguished representative, I have confidence in Brad's ability to appropriately cost both the card and the action.

Let's boot this to the next level.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Out of curiousity, has anyone who's voted for equipment got an idea of what that equipment could actually be? I mean, with event or interrupt, there's all sorts you could use (the word "reinforcements" or "additional forces" may make an appearance), but with equipment, you're looking at something tangible, something concrete, and ideally, something that can be taken in a screengrab from one of the six episodes that was previously mentioned.

By LCJK
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think the only reason people are voting for equipment is because it'll be just like an event except your opponent can't cancel it so easily.

Equipment ideas:
Transporter related equipment?
Special Key that unlocks the airlock?

or maybe it'll just be something more abstract like a communications badge/console or something

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
LCJK wrote:I think the only reason people are voting for equipment is because it'll be just like an event except your opponent can't cancel it so easily.

But we're at the stage where interesting caveats could be written in to prevent/delay its destruction. People shouldn't go with equipment just because it's harder to get rid of, especially if doing so would give it less Trek-sense or credibility.
LCJK wrote:Equipment ideas:
Transporter related equipment?
Even though the 3 best/well-known transporter themed cards have been events - (Energize, Sabotaged Transporter and Transporter Buffer)? I don't know - it just seems like a fanboy-esque cop-out to me.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I realise this is a little late in day to be asking, but how come 'ship' wasn't an option? Some kind of troop transport that, when it moves to the MotW from another mission, you can stop peeps to place new peeps there from your hand?

It seems to fit some of the criteria: it's harder to get rid of than an event (especially if it loiters at an HQ); could be costed well; and could incorporate the "once per turn text" (or, if the text were to trigger when it moves to your HQ, one could inforce it by giving it a smaller range, making multiple trips trickier, but not abusable).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Why doesn't anyone comment on my event idea? Is it *that* stoopid?
Borgified Tribble wrote:I know this isn't the dream card section, but I would like it to be an artifact event (like Ressikan Flute) with Decay: 3, where the cards to be put on this event come from the top of your deck. If the event gets destroyed because of the decay, it and the cards on it will be shuffeled and go to the bottom of the deck. But if the event gets destroyed by an opponent, it and the cards on it go to the discard pile.

Nice game mechanic good for a bit of interaction, but probably way too much text :roll:

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The only stupid idea is one that is never given utterance.

By LCJK
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:I realise this is a little late in day to be asking, but how come 'ship' wasn't an option? Some kind of troop transport that, when it moves to the MotW from another mission, you can stop peeps to place new peeps there from your hand?

It seems to fit some of the criteria: it's harder to get rid of than an event (especially if it loiters at an HQ); could be costed well; and could incorporate the "once per turn text" (or, if the text were to trigger when it moves to your HQ, one could inforce it by giving it a smaller range, making multiple trips trickier, but not abusable).
makes sense to me

By LCJK
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
LCJK wrote:I think the only reason people are voting for equipment is because it'll be just like an event except your opponent can't cancel it so easily.

But we're at the stage where interesting caveats could be written in to prevent/delay its destruction. People shouldn't go with equipment just because it's harder to get rid of, especially if doing so would give it less Trek-sense or credibility.
this is the problem with having this poll now - everyone's voting blind not knowing what direction the outcome will take us.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
LCJK wrote: this is the problem with having this poll now - everyone's voting blind not knowing what direction the outcome will take us.
That's part of the fun.

And as mentioned by others, until they know the type, they can't cost it properly. Better to start with type and work on cost then to have a vote for cost and then get told what type it can be.

By Avaril
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Out of curiousity, has anyone who's voted for equipment got an idea of what that equipment could actually be? I mean, with event or interrupt, there's all sorts you could use (the word "reinforcements" or "additional forces" may make an appearance), but with equipment, you're looking at something tangible, something concrete, and ideally, something that can be taken in a screengrab from one of the six episodes that was previously mentioned.
I was thinking about this exact thing the other day. I have been watching DS9 with my wife and we just got to the Terek Nor episodes (second time for me first time for her) so they are very fresh in my head. I would humbly suggest one of the following,

Anti-Graviton Emitter (Or Modified Deflector Array) We've got lots of shots of that in the show. Since this was the whole concept to take down the mine field.
Terok Nor Tactical Display (With the massive battle on it between Dominion/Cardi vs. Fed/Klingon forces that the Defiant breaks through to get to the station) There are some good shots of that in the episode.

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I haven't seen those episodes in a while. Do the headsets that the Jem'hadar and Vorta wear appear in any of those episodes?

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
It just doesn't make sense to me as an equipment. I think it should matter where equipment is. With the current gametext it doesn't matter where the equipment is, it just works on terok nor. If it doesn't matter where it is then it should be an event or interupt.

I would suggest that any of the people who voted for interrupt change their vote to event in order to stop this thing from becoming an equipment. With the current votes it would create a a tie.

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]