The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
We're making an equipment!

First, all of us at The Continuing Committee apologize for the delay in bringing you the next step of this contest. In order to facilitate things better, I will be taking charge of the Will of the Collective from this point forward, as we finalize the details of this equipment and we enter the fun world of selecting the story elements for the card.

So, you've decided on an equipment. The original game text was submitted by Dan Hamman, TCC's newly appointed Shipping Manager. We've run that gametext through the development process, and we're bringing back four variants for you to choose from. Dan suggested the title as well.
6 Boot Yer Dudes - Variant A
Equipment
Order - If you do not command a Dissident personnel, choose one: stop two [Car] personnel present to place a [Dom] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole; or, stop two [Dom] personnel present to place a [Car] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole.
5 Boot Yer Dudes - Variant B
Equipment
Order - If you do not command a Dissident personnel, choose one: stop two [Car] personnel present to place a [Dom] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole; or, stop two [Dom] personnel present to place a [Car] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole. You may do this only once each turn.
4 Boot Yer Dudes - Variant C
Equipment
Order - If you do not command a Dissident personnel, return this equipment to its owner's hand to choose one: stop two [Car] personnel present to place a [Dom] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole; or, stop two [Dom] personnel present to place a [Car] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole.
3 Boot Yer Dudes - Variant D
Equipment
Order - If you do not command a Dissident personnel, place this equipment on the bottom of its owner's deck to choose one: stop two [Car] personnel present to place a [Dom] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole; or, stop two [Dom] personnel present to place a [Car] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormhole.
The gametext, as an equipment, only really works as an order, so that element is common between all four versions. Other than that, the only difference is the cost of using the gametext. Variants A and B have no cost, and the only difference between A and B is a once per turn limit. Variants C and D have different costs for using the ability.

Some of you may be wondering about uniqueness. In this case, uniqueness does not effect the cost at all. Instead, uniqueness will come about as result of one of two factors: from playtesting, in order to curb abusiveness; or, as a result of the story of the card. In either case, we won't have to deal with that until a bit later in the process.

Well, now it's time to vote. You have until Wednesday, June 10th to cast your vote. As with the previous polls, you have the option to change your vote until the deadline. Once we've determined the exact game text of the card, we'll officially put it into playtesting while we work on the storyline elements for the next several steps.

Enjoy the vote!
Last edited by CaptMDKirk on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I just wanted to point out that the gametext on this card has changed significantly. You now have to command the [Dom] personnel, so it really is only useful for getting [Car] personnel without the [TN] icon into play.

I had a big rant about how this card is kind of a mess right now, but my post got lost somehow.

Before I get attacked too badly, I want to mention that I realise that this is just my opinion, but I think starting over on this process would not be a bad idea.
If others are ok with this card, no-problem but I think its something to consider.
Right now I'm voting for the 6 cost equipment, just so I can put it my [TN] dissident deck, and use it with Hugh.

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Foreman, I'm not sure if its on purpose or accidental, but the wording on the card has changed significantly. Does someone want to explain why as I don't believe that this is the card that people voted on.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think it is supposed to read "do not command" but the word got missed. I could be wrong. Can we get the vote timing reset once this gets cleared up?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Gah, that's a big mistake, copy and pasted x4. I'll have Matt update the texts and then you guys can revote. The timings, costs, etc. won't change (they are based on the correct text.)

-crp

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I revised the texts; they should read correctly now. A new topic has the poll for this decision.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Personnally I think A and B are undercosted and C and D are over costed!

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanatos_elNyx wrote:Personnally I think A and B are undercosted and C and D are over costed!
I rather go overcosted or undercosted.

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm going with B. As to how anyone can possible think that these cards are equal though is beyond me.The more expensive card is 6cost and needs to be used just twice to be 'better' than the 3 or 4 cost option. The card at the lower cost(3 cost) isn't worth playing for the following reason.
1.you need to get it to hand.
2. it is shuffled back into the deck, see point 1.

the 4-coster.
1. easier to retain in hand as it returns.
2. costs just a bit more, but the return is marginal at best.

the 5-coster.
1. Stipulates a once per turn option:this prevents possible abuse and yet the cost of 5 won't be prohibitive if played in the correct deck.

the 6-coster.
1. Busted and broken.sure it costs 6 but not limited. please note that recent erratas were due to the fact that cards weren't limited.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
whampiri wrote: The card at the lower cost (3 cost) isn't worth playing for the following reason.
1.you need to get it to hand.
2. it is shuffled back into the deck, see point 1.
Well, point 1 is true for any card so that's not a great argument. I agree that it could be a little bit too inconsistant if it shuffles back into the deck though. One thing to keep in mind is that there is a [TN] [Car] personnel who can download it (assuming you have a non-cardassian there.)
whampiri wrote: the 4-coster.
1. easier to retain in hand as it returns.
2. costs just a bit more, but the return is marginal at best.
I agree it might be too expensive at a cost of 4. I would much rather use reclaim terok nor instead.
whampiri wrote: the 5-coster.
1. Stipulates a once per turn option:this prevents possible abuse and yet the cost of 5 won't be prohibitive if played in the correct deck.
The cost of 5 would pay for itself if you use it twice. (with a some relativly high cost personnel) I am actually a bit worried that it might be a bit undercosted, but the fact that the opponent can just trade you some stem bolts for it might keep it in check.

whampiri wrote: the 6-coster.
1. Busted and broken.sure it costs 6 but not limited. please note that recent erratas were due to the fact that cards weren't limited.
I agree also that cards need limits. Although I think it would be cool for us to make the first cost 6 equipment.

Overall I think cost 5 is the best option, but I think it would need to be playtested well to make sure it doesn't get too abusive.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:
Thanatos_elNyx wrote:Personnally I think A and B are undercosted and C and D are over costed!
I rather go overcosted or undercosted.
Really?

A and B are one off costs and they work forever for only 6/5 counters.

Whereas C and D require you to pay 4/3 counters every turn (in the case of D and you have to try and get the card back into hand!)

So I would suggest Cost 6 with a Once per Turn limit.
I'm not sure Stem Bolts are a massive deterrent as they aren't useful against many affiliations so I doubt people with run them for just these guys..

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Also it would be easily enough to avoid self-sealing stem bolts effect by having more then one piece of equipment in play, that way you don't have to give the "Boot your dudes" Equipment to the other player

By whampiri
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can I suggest an E to the idea.
Boot Yer Dudes 4
Order - If you do not command a Dissident personnel, choose one:
stop two [Car] or [Dom] personnel present to place a [Dom] or [Car] personnel from hand you do not command at your Mouth of the Wormholewho has a cost = to or less than the cost of the personnel stopped.once per turn.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark's[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]