The second Will of the Collective led to a unique equipment, designed entirely by the community!

Which story option should be used?

Option One
12%
Option Two
5%
Option Three
50%
Option Four
17%
Option Five
2%
Option Six
12%
Option Seven
2%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
WotC II - Decision #10: The Beginning of the End
"It's only been two weeks. I need to talk about this. I have to justify what's happened, what I've done, at least to myself." - Benjamin Sisko

Clearly, one of our failures this year has been timeliness. When we return next year for WoTC 3, we will find a host that will dedicate him or herself to making sure that these polls and steps proceed in a consistent manner.

That being said, we've reviewed your storyline submissions and we're here to present the final seven (7) options to you for your consideration. Before we begin, however, take a look at the current version of the card which has been in play testing for a few weeks now:

As you can see, very little has changed from the version created by the community! Obviously, as our testers work more with the card, it may change more, but it's a good card so far! It's just time to put some story on it and finish it up!

Here are the seven options that we've selected for you to review for the card's storyline. Please, take a look at each of them before you vote. For reference, we've included a sample picture for each idea. Many of these pictures aren't from Terok Nor episode or scenes, but are just example to show you what the storyline idea is. (In other words, don't get hung up on the images.)

Option One
A bottle of kanar
Enjoyed by both Dukat and Damar, kanar is a thick, strong, alcoholic beverage enjoyed by Cardassians. Damar used kanar to dull the pain of betraying his people to the Dominion.

Option Two
A container/vial of Ketracel White
An artifical drug that can not be replicated, that supplies a missing enzyme to the Jem'Hadar. Engineered by the Founders to keep control of their lethal fighting force. Damar suggested poisoning the last batch of white if they could not open the wormhole.

Option Three
Dominion virtual display headsets
In place of a viewscreen on Dominion ships, they provided headsets for the Vorta and Jem'Hadar First. Humans had trouble using the headsets, but both Bajorans and Cardassians seemed able to do so without side effects.

Option Four
A crowded Terok Nor Turbolift
The turbolift to ops, once filled with Bajoran and Starfleet officers, was used by Jem'Hadar and Cardassian soldiers during the occupation. It was quite a shock for the remaining civilians and Bajorans to see their enemies riding the lift so nonchalantly.

Option Five
The baseball
Captain Sisko's baseball, left behind in his office, was correctly interpreted by Gul Dukat as a message - he'll be back. Dukat returned the baseball to Sisko after his mental collapse following the death of his daughter and the fall of the station.

Option Six
One of Tora Ziyal's paintings
Dukat's daughter, Ziyal, displayed incredible skill and a passionate soul in her artistic works, unappreciated as they were by the Vorta. Posthumously, they were displayed in a Bajoran museum.

Option Seven
A cup of Raktajino
Addictive Klingon coffee, enjoyed by the residents of both Deep Space Nine and of Terok Nor.

Like the previous poll, this one is set up to allow you to change your vote as often as you like before the deadline; however, you can only vote for one option. So you can change your mind, if you wish. Perhaps someone makes a persuasive argument, or maybe you want to throw your support behind an underdog instead.

In the meantime, please use this thread to discuss your opinions, your votes, and the pros and cons of each of the seven storyline options outlined above. Once the polls close, TUESDAY, AUGUST 4TH, 2009 @ MIDNIGHT, we will proceed with determining the Will of the Collective!

Enjoy!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I voted for option three. Here is my thinking on each one:

1) Kanar is too one-sided. It makes sense for [Car] [TN] personnel, but the Dominion never had any interest in Kanar.

2) Ketracel White has a similar problem as Kanar. Aside from Damar's suggestion to poison the last batch (which did NOT help relations on Terok Nor), the White is a [Dom] -only piece of equipment. I would like to see it used as an equipment, but one which helps out Jem'Hadar specifically, not Boot Yer Dudes.

3) The virtual display sets would work well. They are portable, so they make sense as equipment. Plus, both Dukat and Weyoun used them, so they make for a good [Car] / [Dom] card. The fact that Sisko could not use the headset seals it as a distinctly [Car] / [Dom] piece of technology in my mind. The only thing I would suggest would be a picture showing Dukat and Weyoun, rather than Sisko and Garak.

4) The main issue I have with the turbolift is that you cannot easily take a turbolift with you on a ship, or beam it down to a planet. Yet the equipment would allow you to do just that with ease. I do like the image it conjures up of dropping off Cardassian and Dominion personnel, but I think it would make more sense as an event.

5) I think Sisko's baseball would make more sense as a card helping [DS9] than [TN] . It's too bad equipment does not have the same naming system as personnel, because I could see having two different versions of the baseball (with different subtitles) helping out the two different versions of the station. I suppose there could be two different equipments with the same name, like Marlena Moreau...

6) While the paintings are distinctly [TN] , they were created by Tora Ziyal, who is a dissident. It would be a little strange that she, as a dissident, prevents them from being used. Then again, I suppose it would be a bit of poetic justice in that she opposed her father.

7) Raktajino? Kira's drink? I would think of Raktajino as either a [DS9] card, or a [Kli] card, or a [TN] Dissident card, but never a [Car] / [Dom] card.

All in all, I could see any of these ideas (outside of the turbolift) as equipment cards, but the virtual display sets seem to fit the card at hand the best.

By MatsJn
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:I voted for option three. Here is my thinking on each one:

3)

The only thing I would suggest would be a picture showing Dukat and Weyoun, rather than Sisko and Garak.
As said the pictures are just for show, but if it would settle your mind, this is the picture I had in mind when suggesting that theme:

hmm, when comparing these two pictures, it seems the headsets change apperance throughout the series, never noticed that before.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
I liked Option 6.

Ziyal's painting can serve as a symbol of DS9's occupation by the Dominion.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
If we'd been selecting a story for an event, I'd've gone for Option Four; big, pieces of kit like that seem to work better as events. But, as we're dealing with non-Hand Weapon equipment that favours the Dominion and Cardassians, (IMO) it's got to be Option Three.

I'd be interested in hearing the thought processes behind the other images/stories; I imagine they could be put to good effect as different cards, but as a card that promotes Cardassian/Dominion/MotW fun, I'm struggling to see them.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
This card will be a representation of the headsets. Start thinking about titles and lore, while our Art team comes up with a couple screen shots for us to use as the image (and for you to pick from.)

-crp

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]