For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:I got the FW vs Captain Parrish 100-0
Congrats on the win, Spectre! It looks like you had quite a rally after your first round loss to James. If I may ask, what were you playing?

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Congrats on the win, Spectre! It looks like you had quite a rally after your first round loss to James. If I may ask, what were you playing?
[Fed] Visit Cochrane Memorial

I only stocked 1x [NA] Dr. Soong and never played him so the deck was streamlined for good probes.

I would like to discuss more but I will wait until the other games have concluded. James built a great deck :thumbsup:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Spectre9 wrote:
Armus wrote:
[Fed] Visit Cochrane Memorial

I only stocked 1x [NA] Dr. Soong and never played him so the deck was streamlined for good probes.

I would like to discuss more but I will wait until the other games have concluded. James built a great deck :thumbsup:
He's a Fajo-icon card so he's still a good probe.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:Where are those last games.

I wanna see your deck Armus :P
I dunno.... if what you're saying is true you might just see my deck.... getting smashed into a small pile of digital card dust by James. :P

We're scheduled to play tonight set 9:30pm Central time. I have no idea what time that is where you are but add two hours to it and that's about the time my deck should be available.

The tournament won't be finalized until all of the games are in and Chris hits the magic update button, but I'll post a link in this thread to my deck once the game is over.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Here's my deck.

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=22627

I would make some tweaks for sure. A lot of the personnel just weren't useful and got stuck in my hand for lack of free plays. I would probably double up on Masaka Transformations and The Traveler: Transcendence just for more probes that play rather than draw and to allow me to dig my deck a bit more.

I think the format was a little slow but at the same time I thought that a bit of draw go was good because that's what card games should be about topdecking not just tutoring (downloading) everything you need and then spamming it into play without thinking. I found myself thinking 2-3 turns ahead for what I would need to use my card play on rather than having the luxury of dumping personnel at will.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Austin just reported that Niall got a 100-40 FW in their game yesterday, so that's all results in!

The event has been submitted for processing and I'll let you know once it's been processed so we can add decks and tournament reports.

Thanks to everyone for playing! I had a lot of fun in all three of my games and I hope you did as well!

As a reminder, the Return to Talos IV series is taking a break in April, but will return in May with a Double-Header: A Deep Space 9 Sealed Deck and - by popular demand - an Encore Golden Age: 1999 Constructed event!

So if you want to tweak your deck for another run, or if there's a different idea you wanted to try, you'll get your chance!

Thanks again for playing, and we'll see you next time!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:Very cool deck. Nasty Cardies.

Was I the only player not using a Nor :P
I don't know, but I had 8 total duplicated missions across 3 games, and duplicated Bajor and Cardassia in all 3.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:I thought that a bit of draw go was good because that's what card games should be about topdecking not just tutoring (downloading) everything you need and then spamming it into play without thinking. I found myself thinking 2-3 turns ahead for what I would need to use my card play on rather than having the luxury of dumping personnel at will.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]