For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

Have you achieved mastery?

You first came to The Dojo to learn, to play. Maybe you spent time with the instructors in the training rooms, or started sparring with friends in the atrium after work. It was good. The Dojo watched you grow in mind and spirit, and this alone, was victory.

But now you want more. You want to be recognized as more than a play partner. You yearn for the title bestowed on only a few who have passed these doors: that of a The Dojo Master.

This highest rank can be earned in only one competition: the TK Invitational Series. All Followers Of The Way with a warrior spirit within them are invited to join this event, but few have ever survived it. The finest players with the finest decks have made their name here -- and another will make a name (or defend an honored title) this month, too. No quarter will be asked or given. It is simple: you must be the best.

You must be a Master.

- Lackey AND Skype are required to play.
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout.
- You may NOT change your deck between rounds.
- Time limit for 1e games: 105 minutes. Time limit for 2e games: 75 minutes.
- Late comers have until two days after the start date to join by sending me a PM. I will not accept a late entry past that date.
- If 8 or more players register, I'll expand the tournament to 4 rounds.
- If you need an extension, please PM me. I will grant a TWO day extension. If you cannot get your game in by that time, you will receive a MISSED GAME. If you miss a second game, you will be DROPPED from the tournament. As a courtesy to others, if you cannot commit to making time to play the assigned games, please do not sign up for this tournament.

--
For communicating and scheduling games, The Master ALWAYS suggest using The Dojo's preferred method of communication, THE DISCORD CHANNEL.

- Use this link here to sign up!
- Use this link here to log into your account once signed up!
- Don't forget to download the mobile app!

The first place winner will receive a copy of the following badge with two to four pips corresponding to the number [up to four] of total The Dojo tournament wins.
If you place first in more than four The Dojo tournaments, your badge will feature an Admiral's box around your pips and you will start over with just a boxed, single pip.

All previous winners, in order, starting with the first tournament winner inside The Dojo. Please note, if you have won a previous event and your avatar is no longer current, please let me know and I will quickly update it below.

Click here to see past Dojo Masters in The Dojo's - LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Discussion Thread Here!
Pre-Reg here!

Discussion Thread Here!
Pre-Reg here!

--
Special thanks to BCSWowbagger for the introduction featured at the top of this page!

--
Question, comments or suggestions? PM The Ancient One - bosskamiura today!
Last edited by bosskamiura on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, are hidden city states spread across the world. Only once every 88 years do the cities appear on our plane of existance and merge into one, creating the Heart of Heaven. They hold the Tournament of the Heavenly Cities, in which each city sends their best warrior!

"I was a warrior. Only in the middle of a fight did I fully come alive. The harder someone hit me, the more everything came into focus"

Greg Dillon-kun, do you admire loss more so than defeat? Seek out your flaws, defeat them fiercely and defeat your competition!

Sebastian Kirstein-san, a returning warrior long thought defeated. Do you still thirst for mortal combat?

Bruce Parrish-san, you're quest continues! Find stillness within your heart, find stillness in combat, and you will find yourself.

--
Sponsored by The Ancient One, registration has now begun for all September Dojo events. Be sure to claim your piece of the glory and a nifty forum badge today!

The TK Invitational Series is TrekCC's longest running online tournament series and league to date! It offers players of all calibers unheard of competition, prizes, and production quality for an unmatched experience from start to finish!

Last edited by bosskamiura on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, are hidden city states spread across the world. Only once every 88 years do the cities appear on our plane of existance and merge into one, creating the Heart of Heaven. They hold the Tournament of the Heavenly Cities, in which each city sends their best warrior!

"I am treating you with respect by being who I truly am. Not everyone around you does the same"

Oliver Thust-kun, again, you knock on the door to enlightenment. This time, are you ready to enter?

Jon Carter-kun, you seek ascendancy of both body and mind, I know. But obtaining it, is that your true destiny?

--
Sponsored by The Ancient One, registration has now begun for all September Dojo events. Be sure to claim your piece of the glory and a nifty forum badge today!

The TK Invitational Series is TrekCC's longest running online tournament series and league to date! It offers players of all calibers unheard of competition, prizes, and production quality for an unmatched experience from start to finish!

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

"Never let the enemy choose the battlefield. Always work from a position of strength."

Tjark Ott-san, prepare yourself! Your time has come. In the coming days, you will find yourself place among the honored warriors who call this Dojo home.

--
Long Live Online Play!

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

Hello Honored Participants!
I just submitted my request to run The League Of Champions - Sponsored By THE DOJO as part of the WCT League Season! This will be an online league and will welcome all players wishing to play. It is my hope that this tournament will be one of the first tournaments of the league - so register today!

I have reached out to Kris, the DooP and he has informed me that the wheels are in motion!

Updates as I get them.

-The Ancient One

--
Long Live Online Play!

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

--
We've been waiting a week now for our WCT League to be approved and setup on the TrekCC site. In order to have this tournament count, and to help you all obtain WCT League points for this event, I want to extend this tournament start date by a week.

If the WCT League is still not setup by Monday the 22nd, we will just start this tournament then and count November's events as our first and second WCT League events to get this show on the road.

I apologize for the delay. I've been trying to reach the appropriate parties but I have not yet received a response. I'm trying for you guys. I promise.

-The Ancient One

--
Long Live Online Play!

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

--
Alright! It looks like our WCT League, "The League Of Champions" has been setup and so I went ahead and marked October's events as our first two events of the season. We will begin this Wednesday, the 17th at 9am to allow anyone else thinking of signing up some time to do so.

Looking forward to it!

-The Ancient One

--
Long Live Online Play!

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote:I'd play but as I'm still on vacation, I won't be state-side until Monday.

Michael,
who also would have to make a deck for the event as well but that's doable.
Since The Dojo is the constant OP Innovator and really, house of ideas lately, The Ancient One is going to try something new for this tournament...

Since this tournament is starting on a Wednesday, I'm going to define the "play" week as Wednesday to Tuesday with results due by Tuesday evening PST. Pairings will then be released the next day, Wednesday. Extensions will be granted until end of day, again PST, Friday.

I've noticed several times that people approach me on Mondays with - "can we just get the game in tonight or tomorrow?". I think this will help eliminate *a lot* of delays but we will see.

So you'll be OK. Sign up.

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

"Never let the enemy choose the battlefield. Always work from a position of strength."

Michael-sama, with your performance on the Worlds stage behind you, are you prepared to once again charge head long into battle?

--
Long Live Online Play!

Sponsored by The Ancient One, registration has now begun for all October Dojo events. Be sure to claim your piece of the glory and a nifty forum badge today!

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

Welcome, to all men and women with thirst for glory in their hearts! Welcome, to the 38th tournament held within this sacred Dojo! May you all find your destiny.

I would like us all to bow to the 2018 World Champion, Greg Dillon-kun, who is in attendance. You honor us with your presence. I would also like us to bow to Ben Dillon-san who was gracious enough to join our event, balancing us out to 8 players.

This tournament will be 4 rounds.

Jon Carter - Pfti VS Bruce Parrish - Captain Parrish
Greg Dillon - Latok VS Michael Van Breemen - The Ninja Scot
Oliver Thust - Bashircommander VS Sebastian Kirstein - Caretaker's Guest
Tjark Ott - Tjark VS Ben Dillon - Broshak

Please help me to honor The Ancient One and this Dojo, by having your results submitted no later than Tuesday, October 23rd.

Play, and play to win!

-Wong

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
It's been too long since I've played online, so please consider me an "alternate" for this event. If there is a BYE in a given round or someone goes MIA 1/2 way through as sometime happens, please let me know and I'll try to tag in. Any games I don't play can just be missed games (including round 1) as I don't really care about winning, I'd just like to keep everyone on their regular 1-game a week schedule. Thanks.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

--
Pairings will be announced tomorrow morning.

-Wong

--
Long Live Online Play!

Sponsored by The Ancient One and his loyal servant, Wong, registration has now begun for all October Dojo events. Be sure to claim your piece of the glory and a nifty forum badge today!

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]