For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Back by popular demand slightly convincing poll numbers, the 2019 Online Sealed Series kicks off with a First Edition event, a modified cardpool OTSD event called "PAQ AttaQ."

In this event, players will receive a cardpool consisting of one Official Tournament Sealed Deck (20 fixed cards, four packs of Premiere, and one pack of Alternate Universe). In addition, each player will receive an additional pack of Alternate Universe and two packs of Q-Continuum.

This event follows Open format rules, with no banned cards. As this event is played on Lackey with current card images, all errata will be respected. Round time limit is 105 minutes, and you may change your deck between rounds (within the limits of your card pool).

As this is an online event, Lackey and an audio chat program (Skype or Discord) are required to play.

The event begins Monday, January 28th. Pre-registered players will receive their card pools on or around Friday, January 25th.

The winner of this event will receive a random tournament foil from my prize support. In the event 10 or more players participate, prize support will be available for the top four players.

Best of luck, and happy gaming!
Last edited by OKCoyote on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This sounds like a fun event. I've never played in an online tournament and was wondering, how many rounds does it normally go, and how long do you have to complete an assigned game?

- James M

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
This one is currently listed at 4 rounds; they're normally 3 or 4 (except online regionals/masters which usually have lots more players). Once pairings are announced, you usually have 1 week to schedule & play the game, then the next week you get the next round. :)

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:This one is currently listed at 4 rounds; they're normally 3 or 4 (except online regionals/masters which usually have lots more players). Once pairings are announced, you usually have 1 week to schedule & play the game, then the next week you get the next round. :)
Thanks for the answer! I missed that the number of rounds was listed in the tournament page.

- James M
 -  
Orbin wrote:This sounds like a fun event. I've never played in an online tournament and was wondering, how many rounds does it normally go, and how long do you have to complete an assigned game?

- James M
It's scheduled for four rounds, but if it gets fewer than eight players, I'll drop it to three.

You generally have seven days from my announcing your opponent for each round to schedule a mutually agreeable time with your opponent, play the game, and report the result. It's generally agreed that due to the vast time zone differences among out players, sometimes it's hard to schedule games, but you can probably find something in a seven-day period. That said, if you have real trouble getting your game in, we commonly grant time extensions (but let me know if that happens!).
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Man - I LOVE Sealed games. If February wasn't going to be absolutely rammed for me, I'd definitely sign up.
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:Man - I LOVE Sealed games. If February wasn't going to be absolutely rammed for me, I'd definitely sign up.
Well, it is a series, so there'll be more. If this one fires, anyway. :cross:
 -  
I'm working on an article where I make my own card pool using this format and attempt to build a deck. So you may see that soon.
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:I'm working on an article where I make my own card pool using this format and attempt to build a deck. So you may see that soon.
Well, the deck is built. It's a real pile though. Glad I'm not playing in it. :shifty:
 -  
Bumping as we are one week away!

Also, I'll have part one of an article tomorrow talking about this event.
 -  
Bump bump bump!

Cardpools are prepared and will go out to registered players roughly 24 hours from now.

We have five players so far - anyone going to join and give us an even number? There's still time to join the series!
 -  
Card pools have been sent to all registered players.

If you haven't registered yet, there's still time. Pairings will be announced on Monday, so you can still register before then and I'll send you a cardpool.
 -  
Oh hey, it's time to play.

I've reduced the event to three rounds due to the number of players.

If you'd like to jump in and even it up, there's still time - just let me know and I'll set you up. Edit: Thanks Greg!

Anyway, here goes:

ROUND ONE PAIRINGS
Niall Matthew (sexecutioner) vs. Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe)
Austin Chandler (DarkSabre) vs. Kris Sonsteby (LORE)
Jeremy Huth (9of24) vs. Greg Dillon (Latok)

Results due Monday, February 4th.

Good luck, and happy gaming!
Last edited by OKCoyote on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]