For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
In case you haven't heard, The Cage becomes tournament legal tomorrow (6/28).

And because release events are fun, I'm running one!

However, in order to give Markus time to update Lackey with the new cards and any errata that drops on Monday, I'm waiting until NEXT Friday (7/5) to kick this gig off.

Lackey and an agreed upon method of communication (generally Skype) required.

A The Cage Release kit has been ordered and there will be prizes provided.

If we get more than 8 players I'll add a 4th round.

If we get 12 or more players, I'll order a SECOND release kit so more people get promo foils!

Come try out the new cards!

Oh, and my deep nerd state sources have informed me that there may be some new Achievements dropping tomorrow. There is a "hidden" release achievement to encourage the use of new cards, but there may also be a Story Mode achievement related to Christopher Pike & co. and there also just might be an update to an existing dilemma related achievement that everyone - maybe even the Borg - will "Love" ... :shifty:

So get registered, get building, and we'll all get together next week and kick this thing off right!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok we ended up with seven players. I'm only getting 6 release foils but will make sure everybody gets a prize - I still have a few foils left over from the tournament kit I bought for the online Regional so we'll make it work.

Here's the Round 1 Pairings:

MVB vs. Bruce Parrish

Austin Chandler vs. Greg Dillon

Matt Zinno vs. BYE

Brian Sykes vs. BYE

Ensign Q Missed Game

Please try to have your game results in by Saturday, July 13th. If everyone finishes early I'll start the next round early.

Good luck everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Friendly reminder that first round results are due tomorrow. If you haven't connected with your opponent to get your game scheduled, let me know. I can and will grant limited extensions if needed, but would like to stay mostly on schedule if possible.

If you've already played, please post your results to this thread or PM them to me.

Thanks!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hey guys, quick update:

I know we're still waiting on one more first round result. I've been told that Matt and Ensign Q will be playing this weekend. As soon as the result of that game is in I'll announce pairings for round 2. I know we're a bit behind schedule but I don't want to pair round 2 without this game result because that could lead to multiple undefeated players if things fell the right (or wrong!) way.

Also, good news: the prize kits arrived! I'll be mailing out outstanding Regional prizes along with the Preserver Obelisk foil (and the Sight for Sore Eyes foil if you played in the A Less Perfect Union release event). For everyone else I get your prizes out once this event concludes.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Latok wrote:In that case I'll likely not be able to play the third round as I'm headed to Europe in 9.5 days from now.
Crap.... ok... new plan: Round 2 Pairings!

MVB vs. Matt Zinno

Brian Sykes vs. Greg Dillon

Ensign Q vs. Austin Chandler

Bruce Parrish vs. BYE

I know we're already through half of week 2 but if possible let's try to get games in over the next 3-4 days. That will put us mostly back on schedule to finish up before the Worlds travelers get underway.
Last edited by Armus on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Sykes FW Dillon 100-36.

Good Game Greg. Good luck at Worlds! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Tomorrow will represent a week since the round 2 pairings were announced. If you haven't gotten your game scheduled yet let me know. If you have your game scheduled let me know when it is and/ or post or PM me the results.

If you haven't heard from your opponent yet, let me know that too. I know some of the players in this field are traveling to worlds and I'd like to get this wrapped up before then.

I'll post the round 3 pairings as soon as possible.

Thanks!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote:I won 100-100 FW.

Michael
Wow... that must have been quite a game.

After this event is over I'd love to hear how you managed to get that result.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok so with 3 of the 4 results in I have enough to announce Round 3 pairings.

MVB vs. Brian Sykes

Austin Chandler vs. Matt Zinno

Bruce Parrish
vs. Greg Dillon

Ensign Q vs. BYE

With Worlds coming up I ask that anyone playing a Worlds Traveler make the effort to accommodate their schedule.

Let's try to have everything done by Worlds weekend if possible. I'll grant extensions as needed on an exception basis if needed but I'd prefer to close this out before then.

Also I've already sent out prize support to people whose address I have. I'll be PMing the other players to arrange shipping shortly.
Last edited by Armus on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MVB Chairshot Sykes 100-0.

Congrats on the game and tournament win, sir! :cheersL:

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons