For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 124 posts
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Naetor wrote:
LORE wrote:
Naetor wrote:Well that's not right. Don't tournaments get paired top to bottom?
Yes, and there are 3 people with 13 VP's. MVB pairs first, at 16 VP's and Amber can't play Jon Carter again.
Oh, ok. I don't feel bad then :D
Nor should you. In any given event, people who do not play MVB tend to do better than people who do.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus barely wins in 100 - 65 against Sascha Keifer for the FW.

I was absolutely sure you were gonna win 100 - 5 in a blowout for most of that game. Very well played!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:
Naetor wrote:I'm dropping last round.
That actually makes me sad. Is everything ok?
Haha! I couldn't delete>empty recycle bin retire my deck fast enough.
That bad, eh?

My deck hasnt been great either - it's my first time playing something like it and it's probably about 10-15 cards too fat - but I've found that most of my failings have been not so much my deck as me making suboptimal in-game decisions and just generally not having a great grasp on what my deck can do. I hear reading cards before and during games can help with this... :P

It's definitely been a learning experience, and I'd be willing to give the concept another go, but this exact deck probably won't be getting played again - it absolutely needs refinement.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:That bad, eh?

My deck hasnt been great either - it's my first time playing something like it and it's probably about 10-15 cards too fat - but I've found that most of my failings have been not so much my deck as me making suboptimal in-game decisions and just generally not having a great grasp on what my deck can do. I hear reading cards before and during games can help with this... :P

It's definitely been a learning experience, and I'd be willing to give the concept another go, but this exact deck probably won't be getting played again - it absolutely needs refinement.
Yeah, the deck revolved around bouncing Disadvantage Into Advantage with the Enterprise-E, but I only got that going in one game. I think it can be a good deck, and everything else aligned in one of mine, but I need to change all the missions and most of the personnel to.. make it so. My first time playing TNG in standard: a learning experience but I don't need to learn anymore. :P
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Thanks to those that have played this week and those that have let me know the status of their final games. Please try to get the outstanding matches in over the next couple days. :cheersL:
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]