For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Greetings All! And Happy New Year!

There's an article coming soon with more details, but I wanted to get it out here first that there's an event in the system that may interest you:

"PAQ Era: 1996" Event. Only cards from Premiere, Alternate Universe, Q Continuum, Introductory 2 Player Game, and 1st Anthology are permitted.

Additionally, this will be the debut event for the "1E PURE" Format. You get EXACTLY 60 cards to build your deck INCLUDING MISSIONS. Max 30 Seed Cards, Minimum 30 Draw Cards. Contents of Side Decks (Q Tent and Q Flash) do NOT count toward 60 card limit (though the seeded doorways for the side decks do).

Lackey and an agreed upon form of communication (generally Skype) required.

To qualify for deckbuilding achievements, put 6 missions in the "Missions" section of the deckbuilder, then put the same 6 missions in your seed deck along with your other seed cards. The Deckbuilder will show 6 extra cards from what you\'re actually playing, but it will work with the achievement algorithms.

The goal is to kick off on Friday, January 10th, just over a week from today. I know it's short notice, but I'm hoping at least two other brave souls are up for joining me in this wild experiment and if nothing else, having a good time with some old school crazy!

Let's kick off 2020 with some retro-tastic fun!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Wow we got 8 registered already! This is shaping up to be awesome!

If anyone else wants to join we can add a 4th round no problem, so if you think this will appeal to you, go ahead and sign up!

Also, if there's an odd number of people, I'll step aside so there's no bye and everybody gets all their games in.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:Greetings All! And Happy New Year!

There's an article coming soon with more details, but I wanted to get it out here first that there's an event in the system that may interest you:

"PAQ Era: 1996" Event. Only cards from Premiere, Alternate Universe, Q Continuum, Introductory 2 Player Game, and 1st Anthology are permitted.

Additionally, this will be the debut event for the "1E PURE" Format. You get EXACTLY 60 cards to build your deck INCLUDING MISSIONS. Max 30 Seed Cards, Minimum 30 Draw Cards. Contents of Side Decks (Q Tent and Q Flash) do NOT count toward 60 card limit (though the seeded doorways for the side decks do).

To qualify for deckbuilding achievements, put 6 missions in the "Missions" section of the deckbuilder, then put the same 6 missions in your seed deck along with your other seed cards. The Deckbuilder will show 6 extra cards from what you\'re actually playing, but it will work with the achievement algorithms.

The goal is to kick off on Friday, January 10th, just over a week from today. I know it's short notice, but I'm hoping at least two other brave souls are up for joining me in this wild experiment and if nothing else, having a good time with some old school crazy!

Missions are included in that seed count right?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
DarkSabre wrote:
Armus wrote:Greetings All! And Happy New Year!

Missions are included in that seed count right?
Correct. So you get 6 missions and up to 24 other seeds.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Unfortunately we had a last minute drop, so we're running with 7 instead of 8. If anyone would like to jump in, please PM me this weekend.

EDIT: Jesse is Back in! Welcome to your first online Tournament!

Round 1 Pairings:

Mark Napier (Squircifer) vs. Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner)

Jason Tang (Pants o.t. Tal Shiar) vs. Austin Chandler (DarkSabre)

Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs. Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8)

Matthew P. (FlyinHawaiian) vs. Jesse Kasten (Spotter77)

Please try to have your first round result posted by next SATURDAY (1/18/2020). If I get all results in before then I'll go ahead and post the Round 2 Pairings early.

Good luck, Everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Also, I'm setting the over/under for the number of double deck out games for this tournament at 4.5.

Any takers for either side of that one? :wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Due to some scheduling conflicts the remaining 2 games have been given an extension until Tuesday. I will announce Round 2 pairings as soon as practicable.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:Due to some scheduling conflicts the remaining 2 games have been given an extension until Tuesday. I will announce Round 2 pairings as soon as practicable.

Pants won, full win 100 to 0

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Here's the Round 2 pairings:

Jason Tang (Pants o.t. Tal Shiar) vs. Matthew P (FlyinHawaiian)

Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs. Austin Chandler (DarkSabre)

Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8) vs. Jesse Kasten (Spotter77)

Niall and Mark: if you still want to participate, you can play each other and we'll call it a round 2 game, then I'll pair you with other people for Round 3.

If at all possible, let's try to get back on track and get these games in by this Saturday (1/25/2020). I can give extensions if needed (and likely will, given the circumstances, just let me know).

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I received word that Jason and Matthew are scheduled to play Sunday night and have granted them an extension until then.

I'll post round 3 pairings as soon as I see the result of that game come in.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We had a couple of upsets in Round 2 so it's almost anybody's tournament to win!

Here's your round 3 pairings:

Matthew P (flyinhawaiian) vs. Maggie Geppert (Jadziadax8)

Jason Tang (Pants o.t. Tal Shiar) vs. Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish)

Austin Chandler (Darksabre) vs. Jesse Kasten (spotter77)

Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner) vs. Mark Napier (Squircifer)

With the next tournament starting Saturday (2/1/2020) I'd appreciate it if everyone can get their results in by then, but I can flex for a couple days as needed. I really appreciate everyone communicating as well as they have to keep things moving.

Good luck in the last round, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]