For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Now that event #1 has kicked off and is under way, it's time to start pumping up the next event!

Starting February 1st, we will have an OTSD Open Sealed event.

It's really straight forward: each player gets a virtual OTSD: 4 Packs of Premiere, 1 pack of Alternate Universe, and 20 fixed cards to help make playable decks for a total of 95 cards.

If you've ever been to a major gaming con you've probably had a chance to play this format.

Also, because it's sealed deck and there's only so many cards, we're running this in OPEN format, which is really the only way to play OTSD.

If you're interested in playing, please pre-register during the month of January. On February 1, I will generate the OTSDs for each player registered and announce first round pairings. Players will then have TWO weeks to build their deck and play their first round game, followed by a week to play game 2 and another week to play game 3.

Players may change their decks between rounds as needed, but are limited to the 95 cards in their card pool.

Let's have some old school SEALED deck fun in February! Get registered today!
Last edited by Armus on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Giving this a bump. There's still a little over a week to get registered. I'll be generating card pools and announcing round 1 pairings starting next Saturday (2/1/2020), so if you want to dive into some old school sealed deck fun, get yourself signed up!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hey Brian-

I jumped into this gig just to keep the player #'s even and avoid a dreaded BYE. So, if we have an even # without me I can sit out or drop at some point after it starts if someone else drops out or goes MIA. Thanks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Last call!

I'll be generating and sending out card pools to everyone ABC's announcing Round 1 Pairings on Saturday morning.

Kris-

We're currently at 7 but I want to wait to see if we get any last minute additions before cutting you loose.

Thanks! :cheersL:

- Brian

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok Players! Welcome to the OTSD Open Sealed Return To Talos IV Event!

Card pools have been generated and will be going out shortly, but in the meantime, here are the Round 1 Pairings:

Austin Chandler (Darksabre) vs. Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish)

Jon Carter (pfti) vs. Th3Drizzl3 (Th3Drizzl3) - Making his online tournament debut!

Julius Melhardt (Clearasil ToB)KRIS SONSTEBY vs. Jesse Kasten (Spotter77)

And in the Bullpen in case he's needed: Kris Sonsteby (LORE)

As this is the first round, you have TWO Weeks to build your deck and play your game, so please have results in on or before Saturday, February 15th, 2020. If we get all results in before then, Round 2 will start early.

If anyone has any issues with deckbuilding, just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote:I have to cancel my appearance in this tournament because of a loss within my closest Friends...
Deepest condolences on your loss, Julius.

Hopefully you can jump back into a future event when real life allows it.

I've updated the pairings for round 1 replacing Julius with Kris Sonsteby.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote:Ok Players! Welcome to the OTSD Open Sealed Return To Talos IV Event!

Julius Melhardt (Clearasil ToB)KRIS SONSTEBY vs. Jesse Kasten (Spotter77)
Hi Jesse-

Looks like I have been tapped to sub in for Julius. What time(s) work for you to play our game? I am in the Central Time Zone, usually off work by 5 p.m. on weekdays. I could also play earlier in the morning on weekends. Please let me know what works for you when you get a chance. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
UPDATE: EVERYBODY SHOULD NOW HAVE THE CORRECT CARD POOL

HEADS UP EVERYONE!!!

I am SO SORRY.

I have just been informed that it's possible that EVERYBODY got the EXACT SAME Card pool.

This is due to an error on my part. In short, I have card pools in .txt format for each of you (and they're all different), but when I converted them over to .dek files to send, I did something and only one player's card pool was saved multiple times under everybody's name.

I will be sending out new (correct) card pools immediately, and anyone who needs an extension will be granted one.

Again, I deeply and sincerely apologize for the error. Clearly I made some sort of Sealed Deck TD Rookie mistake, and I promise to learn from it so this doesnt happen again!

Stand by for corrected files.

Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely,

-Brian

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Jesse had to drop so Kris has returned to the bench for now. Austin and Bruce have reported their result, I'm just waiting for the pfti vs. Th3Drizzl3 result and I'll get the round 2 pairings up.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote:Jesse had to drop so Kris has returned to the bench for now. Austin and Bruce have reported their result, I'm just waiting for the pfti vs. Th3Drizzl3 result and I'll get the round 2 pairings up.
I've PM'd no response.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Since we're down to 4 players it's a Round Robin anyway. Shi here's your technical Round 2 pairings:

Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs. Jon Carter (pfti)

Austin Chandler (DarkSabre) vs. Th3Drizzl3

I'll reach out to Th3Drizzl3 and see if he still wants to play, and if not maybe we can get Kris back off the bench to fill in.

Worst case we end up with a 3 man row between Bruce, Jon, and Austin. That still sanctions.
Last edited by Armus on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]