For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Now that Event #2 has kicked off and is underway, it's time to start pumping up Event #3 in the Return to Talos IV series!

Starting in March we will be playing Golden Age: 1999. This will be an OTF Constructed event with a card pool of Premiere through Rules of Acquisition.

Considered by many to be the height of the Decipher era game, the late 1990s was a time of wide expansion. Unlike the PAQ era, which was limited to three affiliations, Decipher's new license allowed them to explore new affiliations and new series, and that's what they did. From the Borg in 1997, to the Bajorans, Cardassians, and Dominion in 1998, to the Ferengi in 1999, the range of options is wide open.

Will you go old school with some new options with Fed, Klingon, or Romulan? Will you pick one side or the other in the conflict between the Bajorans and the Cardassians? Or will you try to buy your way to victory with the Ferengi?

Anything can win, this meta is wide open!

The show kicks off on March 6th. Get pre-registered today!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
princedetenebres wrote:Sorry Borg, you're out of luck then. Nowhere to put your Outpost, at the time you could just drop it on the side and act as though it was both a facility and [1E-DQ] location:
https://starshipexcelsior.com/othersite ... trules.pdf

On the plus side, the [KW] is irrelevant for [Dom]
This is correct. Also, androids aren't free.

It's not exactly like the meta 21 years ago, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ha, I just remembered I'm pre-reg'd for this. And I never played in this era, so have no idea what I'm doing!

Oh, well, time to start deck-building!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:Ha, I just remembered I'm pre-reg'd for this. And I never played in this era, so have no idea what I'm doing!

Oh, well, time to start deck-building!
That's ok. I just came over from the 2e event to balance the numbers and eliminate two byes so I'm right there with you!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Here are the Round 1 Pairings:

Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs. Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner)

Spectre9 (spectre9) vs. James Heaney (BCSWowbagger)

Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. Austin Chandler (DarkSabre)

Please try to have the results of your first game in by next Saturday (3/14/2020). If everyone gets done early, we'll start the next round early.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Austin and I tried to play tonight, but Lackey wouldnt cooperate. Server was down and direct-connect games were getting connection errors too.

We've rescheduled for tomorrow night, so hopefully we'll have better luck then... :cross:

If you guys could see if you can connect and let me know that'd be great... I want to make sure that it's not anything on my end, but I have no idea about the technical side of Lackey or even what to look for really.

Thanks! :cheersL:

-Brian
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Spectre9 (spectre9) vs. James Heaney (BCSWowbagger)
MW BCSWowbagger 85-72

Also I ADORE this format.

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]