For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The 2020 Return to Farpoint Series continues to roll on in March 2020.

February's event was a throwback to a different era of Constructed play; the March event follows suit with some old school Premiere Sealed Deck!

Each player will receive a random Premiere starter and 4 Premiere boosters and we'll have an old school throwdown, Sealed Deck style!

The event kicks off on March 6th, which is the day I will generate card pools and announce first round pairings, so it's important that you preregister if you'd like to play so you don't miss out. The first round will be two weeks long to allow time for deck construction.

If we get more than 8 people, I'll add a 4th Round.

Don't miss out, get preregistered today!
Last edited by Armus on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Iella
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
How closely do the rules from premier resemble this format? I'm interested in this, but i don't know or understand the modern 1e game. I'm guessing no doorways, objectives, incidents, ect... One quadrant and no downloading... Anything else i would need to be aware of?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Iella wrote:How closely do the rules from premier resemble this format? I'm interested in this, but i don't know or understand the modern 1e game. I'm guessing no doorways, objectives, incidents, ect... One quadrant and no downloading... Anything else i would need to be aware of?
This is a 2E tourney, Iella.

If you're asking about the 1E Golden Age tournament, it's OTF, so modern rules, just a limited card pool.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iella wrote:How closely do the rules from premier resemble this format? I'm interested in this, but i don't know or understand the modern 1e game. I'm guessing no doorways, objectives, incidents, ect... One quadrant and no downloading... Anything else i would need to be aware of?
This is a 2e event, so... quite different from 1e. :wink:

The OTSD sealed that's going on right now is probably what you're looking for. Only Premiere, Alternate Universe, and OTSD cards mean that it's pretty straightforward as a play/ draw exercise with only a few downloads ( ❖ ship via Spacedoor, Reflection Therapy via Suna, etc.)

I actually have a player signed up for that one that hasn't gotten their card pool yet, so if you're interested I may be able to slot you in if you're interested.
Last edited by Armus on Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iella wrote:Oh shit, nice! Definately interested in this one then. Don't see anything in the post that says 2e, so didn't know. I'll have to think about the 1e one and let you know later today. Will also have to figure out how to sign up after work. Lol
So yeah. Return to Farpoint is 2e by definition (the 1e Series is Return to Talos IV), but your post tells me that that's not at all clear or obvious, so going forward I'll flag each event by game as well.

As for registering, it's easy:

- Click on the link at the top of this thread. That will take you to the event page

- On the event page, click on the "register for this event" link on the left hand side, about halfway down the page (note you must be signed in for this to work).

If you've done that correctly, your name should appear on the list of registered players. That's it! You're registered!

Let me know if you run into any issues or if you need help with anything else.

Thanks! :cheersL:

-Brian

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Card Pools have been distributed and we're under way!

Here are the Round 1 Pairings:

Kris Sonsteby (LORE) vs. Ted Reebel (TReebel)

Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8) vs. Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish)

Markus Eberlein (Eberlems) vs. Iella (Iella)

Because it's sealed deck, you have TWO weeks to build your deck and play your first round opponent. Please try to have all games in by Saturday, March 21st, 2020 (3/21/2020). If everyone finishes before then I'll make the Round 2 pairings early.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues associated with this tournament, whether it's Lackey, deckbuilding, getting your opponent scheduled, or whatever else, I'm here to help.

Good Luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Full win for Kris over Ted 100-30. Solving two missions by the skin of my teeth? Sure. I would rather be lucky than good. :wink:

GG, Ted! Best of luck the rest of the way! :cheersL:

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.