For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The 2020 Return to Farpoint Series continues to roll on in April 2020.

Building on the theme of the February event, the card pool for this event will be everything that was legal at the 2004 World Championship: Premiere, Energize, Call to Arms, and Necessary Evil.

This was the year that Worlds was dominated by the infamous (and newly Hall of Fame inducted) Klingon Riker! Interestingly enough, however, that deck didn't end up winning Worlds because of the myriad anti-Klingon Riker decks that emerged. 16 years later, will Riker return to his former glory? Will other players bring other answers? What about Far-Seeing Eyes or Fed Geo Solvers, will they be revisited? Or will a fresh look at an old card poll lead to new innovations and more creative decks? Only one way to find out: get preregistered today!

The event kicks off on April 3rd.

If we get more than 8 people, I'll add a 4th Round.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Just giving this a quick bump since we're two weeks from kickoff. If you weren't around in 2004, I HIGHLY encourage you to give this format a try. It was a great time for the game, even with all of the Klingon Rikers running around! :P

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We have 8 players so we'll run 3 rounds. Here are your Round 1 Pairings:

Ted Reebel (TReebel) BYE vs. Chris Morse (Trekker777)

Benjamin Liebich (monty42) vs. Tjark Ott (tjark)

Markus Eberlein (Eberlems) vs. Maggie Geppert (Jadziadax8)

Oliver Thust (BashirCommander) vs. Nathan W (Naetor)

Please try to finish your games by Saturday, April 11th. If all games finish early , I'll start the next round early.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:The 2020 Return to Farpoint Series continues to roll on in April 2020.

Building on the theme of the February event, the card pool for this event will be everything that was legal at the 2004 World Championship: Premiere, Energize, Call to Arms, and Necessary Evil.

This was the year that Worlds was dominated by the infamous (and newly Hall of Fame inducted) Klingon Riker! Interestingly enough, however, that deck didn't end up winning Worlds because of the myriad anti-Klingon Riker decks that emerged. 16 years later, will Riker return to his former glory? Will other players bring other answers? What about Far-Seeing Eyes or Fed Geo Solvers, will they be revisited? Or will a fresh look at an old card poll lead to new innovations and more creative decks? Only one way to find out: get preregistered today!

The event kicks off on April 3rd.

If we get more than 8 people, I'll add a 4th Round.
It will be interesting, because if I remember Secret Identity was played differently and a Riker targeted could just get another Riker. Romulan event wall was fun, but that's when Party Atmosphere was non-unique. Looking forward to this!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Here's your round 2 pairings:

Nathan W (Naetor) vs. Tjark Ott (tjark)

Markus Eberlein (Eberlems) vs. Chris Morse (Trekker777)

Maggie Geppert (Jadziadax8) vs. Ben Liebich (monty42)

Oliver Thust (Bashircommander) vs. BYE

Please try to have these games in by next Saturday (4/18).

Good luck everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]