Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Good day 'trek fans! With Mother Nature sending us all to our rooms for being naughty, I thought now would be a great time to reanimate my tournament pod system for online play. And what better way to do that than to bring back an old favorite, Spring Stampede?!?

What the heck is this nonsense you ask? Well, the pod system essentially grabs 3 or 4 players at random, assigns them to their own respective tournament, and then those folks play their gig in a round-robin style. It is complete autonomous from the rest of the Spring Stampede events, and since everyone knows all of their opponents in advance participants are given two weeks to schedule and play all of their assigned matches.

I have already input 3 (perhaps we can go for more?) separate tournaments for each game - 1E and 2E - and will host them all as individual events, regardless of the number of players that ultimately sign up. Pre-registration for Spring Stampede is now open and will run through midnight on 3/27/20, at which time registration will close and the players will be randomly assigned to a tournament pod. Final results are due to me via PM or forum publication no later than 4/4/20. If you are interested in play while we all wait out this pandemic fueled lock down, please do at the following links:

First Edition:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11494

2nd Edition:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11491

Good luck, tributes. And may the odds be ever in your favor... :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Quarantine got you down? Come play online with the likes of "Dr. Death" Jon Carter, "The People's Champion" Michael Van Breemen, and Niall "The Sexecutioner" Matthew as Spring Stampede goes live this weekend. You gotta be there! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Fritzinger wrote:I registered late, looks like I’m player #5. I’ll drop if you can’t fill a second pod.
Don't drop yet, Fritz. I will be examining the pod splits this morning and do not believe I am even registered on the 2E side. Expect the assignments to go up in a few hours. #hungover
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Greeting Star Trek First Edition Players! Your pod assignments for Spring Stampede - Quarantine Edition are cited below. Please have your games completed within the next two weeks. Good luck, tributes! And may the odds be ever in your favor...

Pod A:
Spectre9
Jon Carter
Michael Van Breemen
Bruce Parrish

Pod B:
Niall Matthew
Charlie Plaine
Kris Sonsteby

If anyone cares, I tried to do the brackets NACC tournament style so I did the assignments by halving the field (based on rating) and grabbing the two middle names from each half for Pod A. Pod B then got the top & bottom from the 1st half and the top & bottom from the 2nd half.
Last edited by LORE on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Greeting Star Trek Second Edition Players! Your pod assignments for Spring Stampede - Quarantine Edition are cited below. Please have your games completed within the next two weeks. Good luck, tributes! And may the odds be ever in your favor...

Pod A:
Jon Carter
Maggie Geppert
Benjamin Rostoker

Pod B:
Fritz Meissner
Michael Van Breemen
Sebastian Kirstein

If anyone cares, I tried to do the brackets NACC tournament style so I did the assignments by halving the field (based on rating) and grabbing the middle name from each half for Pod A. Pod B then got the top & bottom from each half and the highest rated remaining middle seed, while Pod A got the lower middle seed.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:Has anyone heard from Sebastian?
Nope, not a peep.

Michael,
who has two opponents that he hasn't heard from
has now heard from. Ill be ready to schedule next week (i should be caught up in classes by then)
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0