For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 109 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:Tested a dummy and it didn't work the way we needed. I'm fine with whatever solution 2 players agree to, but for now, the guidelines above are one acceptable method.
Here's what I did:

-Put all of your dilemmas in Crew 1.

-Flip each card over individually.

-Crew 1 Reveal to Owner -> None

-Shuffle Crew 1

-Starting in the queue, take the x cards and place it on the table to make a dilemma stack for the first mission, repeat for missions 2-6.

The game log shows a shuffle and movement in specific order and the player can't see the cards while they're in crew one, only after they hit the table.

Overall I think it accomplishes the intent of Squires Rules even if it's not perfect.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:That's basically what I paid out in detail earlier.
So it is. Well consider this a successful field test then. :wink:
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
There was quite a long discussion on Discord about how The Squire's Rules interacts with other cards. The end result is that I'm going to make some preemptive tournament rulings, unless Rules makes an official ruling before this tournament begins.
  1. Beware of Q - the 2nd function of replacing a dilemma with a Flash is valid. The other functions are not. Both players are allowed to read the dilemma. Then the player who seeded it must decide if they will replace it (before any skills checking or effects, including Squire's stop).
  2. Hide & Seek - The rules unequivocally state that Q-Dilemmas are Dilemmas, not a different card type. Therefore, if seeded beneath a mission, it is a valid S/P dilemma.
  3. Dyson Sphere Door - This does allow downloads, overriding what The Squire's Rules says.
Last edited by JeBuS on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
princedetenebres wrote:Now that we've seen all of the set, are there any other rules to be aware of before building a deck?
None that I have planned. But I'm glad I left it in there for the possibility of rulings on unforeseen card interactions. Who knows what else might pop up in a week?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
princedetenebres wrote:Now that we've seen all of the set, are there any other rules to be aware of before building a deck?
None that I have planned. But I'm glad I left it in there for the possibility of rulings on unforeseen card interactions. Who knows what else might pop up in a week?

Hrmm, well, when do you think you'll finalize the rules? I mean, I don't want to build something and then find out that there's some other restriction or requirement that I was unaware of.

Or is it just rulings from Monday that might change things? So there won't be any new requirements like 'Must play Squire' or 'X missions from the set/or neutral zone region?'
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
No new deck requirements will be coming. But if some weird things pop up, or there's new official rulings on cards, some other rulings might be added to the tournament.

So, for instance, if Dyson Sphere Door gets an errata, then it will probably change my preemptive ruling. Same with the others.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Whoever I get matched with I'll be in contact Saturday Evening US Eastern Time to make up when we can play. I won't be on my computer from now till then.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Gotta say, I'm super excited about this event.

Building a deck was definitely an interesting challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]