For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Greetings all!

The Return to Talos IV (RTT4) series comes back in a big way on May 1st!

After taking the month of April off to make room for the Regional, we pick back up with a Deep Space 9 OTF Sealed event!

You'll get a Deep Space 9 Starter, 3 Deep Space 9 boosters, and 2 The Dominion boosters. In addition, to ensure maximum playability, players will get to add one outpost and one treaty from either set to their card pool.

Having played in big DS9 Sealed events back in the day at Origins, I can tell you that this format is a lot of fun. If you've never played a Sealed event with this card pool, I strongly recommend you take advantage of this opportunity.

All I ask is that you preregister, as I'll be creating and distributing card pools on May 1st, the official start date.

As the Deep Space 9 expansion poster on my wall says, The Final Frontier just got a whole lot bigger!

I look forward to seeing everyone on May 1st! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Giving this the two weeks out bump.

We currently have five players registered. I'd love to see at least one more sign up - nobody likes having a bye!

If you've never played Deep Space Nine Sealed, I highly encourage it - it's a lot of fun!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Comicbookhero wrote:If I could play in this, I would, but my new laptop doesn’t arrive until May 11.
Sadness.

You could wander over here and borrow mine. I won't tell. :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
kaiten619 wrote:well this is gonna be my first time playing the star trek ccg tournament. the only best way i learn is to jump in, adapt on the fly, and hope for the best
First off, welcome!

Second, you could do a lot worse for a first event than OTF DS9 Sealed. This is probably a better entry point than most and should allow you to get the hang of the game without TOO much crazy... :wink:

I hope you enjoy your experience! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Last call! I'll be generating card pools tonight and sending them out to players, as well as forming round 1 pairings. If you want to get in on this gig, this is your last chance to do so!
First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
I received the .dek file and put it into the cardpools directory.

I am able to select it in the deck builder as a cardpool, but when I click "choose" nothing happens.

Has anyone else ever encountered this?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JasonRed3 wrote:I received the .dek file and put it into the cardpools directory.

I am able to select it in the deck builder as a cardpool, but when I click "choose" nothing happens.

Has anyone else ever encountered this?
If you're at the point where you have your cardpool in the deckbuilder, try clicking and dragging and see if that does it.

the +1 button also seems to work ok...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok, so with 8 players, we'll be going 3 rounds.

Here are your first round pairings:

Jason Robinette (JasonRed3) vs. Charlie Plaine (Midnightlich)

Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8) vs. Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish)

Paddy Tye (KazonPADD) BYE vs. Kris Sonsteby (LORE)

Austin Chandler (Darksabre) vs. Giorgio Velasco (kaiten619)

Because this is sealed deck, you have two weeks to build your deck and get your first game in. Please try to have all results in by Saturday, May 16th, 2020. If everyone finishes early, I'll start the next round early.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Wed May 13, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]