For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks,

Last year, we talked about doing a series of events and event weekends where members of the public were given the opportunity to help test out new formats, potential pardons for cards on the ban list, and more. Well, it's finally time to start that off with an online tournament kicking off on Friday, June 5th, 2020. This will be a standard style online tournament, with each round taking approximately one week.

For this tournament, we're asking you to build decks using only cards with a Star Trek: The Next Generation property logo. And, of course, missions - all missions are legal. And this isn't just talking about personnel and ships with the [1E-TNG] logo granted by Continuing Mission - it's all cards. You can't use a card that doesn't have a Star Trek: The Next Generation property logo. But otherwise, this will be an OTF Constructed tournament.

We're looking for data about deck building, so if you want to participate in this tournament, it would be appreciated for you to take some notes while making your deck. We're also looking for data about how the games play in this card pool, so deck lists are required and tournament reports are highly encouraged.

I'll be giving everyone who plays in the tournament a free virtual promo from my collection. Each player will also get entered into a drawing for at least one borderless promo card, with additional entries for deck lists and tournament reports.

I hope you'll consider signing up to play in this tournament. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer them. I wanted to post this early so people had plenty of notice to start their deck building, since this is entering some uncharted territory.

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm guessing that no exemption will be made for things that are TNG based but not actually TNG property logo like Kavok or, more importantly, Q the Referee...

It is a tempting format, but I keep thinking of an idea and then realizing that one key card is missing.

Oh, I'll do some TNG Romulans with the new Nelvana Trap -- oh wait, no, we can't Engage Cloak in TNG.

Looking at those TNG draw engines, I'd best do Mirror Image... oh wait, no.

3 versions of ready room door, but none eligible to use :(

I'm sure I'll think of something. Though I'm a bit concerned that holes in [Ref] pool might lead to something unpleasant, I'll have to think about it.
 -  
Prophet
princedetenebres wrote:I'm guessing that no exemption will be made for things that are TNG based but not actually TNG property logo like Kavok or, more importantly, Q the Referee...

It is a tempting format, but I keep thinking of an idea and then realizing that one key card is missing.

Oh, I'll do some TNG Romulans with the new Nelvana Trap -- oh wait, no, we can't Engage Cloak in TNG.

Looking at those TNG draw engines, I'd best do Mirror Image... oh wait, no.

3 versions of ready room door, but none eligible to use :(

I'm sure I'll think of something. Though I'm a bit concerned that holes in [Ref] pool might lead to something unpleasant, I'll have to think about it.
All of this will be great data to have, and that's why we are trying this.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Is this event rated or unrated? (Hoping unrated.) (It appears to be currently set up as rated, though.)
 -  
Prophet
We have just under two weeks until the kickoff of this tournament. Not only will it help us determine how well this card pool will work in the future, but it will help set the blueprint for future public playtesting tournaments. So if you're at all interested, please sign up!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
geraldkw wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:This will be a standard style online tournament, with each round taking approximately one week.
So you just need to arrange a time to play sometime during the week?
Yes. Players are paired like normal, then have a week to contact each other and find a time to play. It can be challenging based on the time zone differences, but it's worked well for years.

-crp

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]