For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Round 4.

Sex Vs Gerald: TT 0-0. Thanks for an exciting game :D

Gotta say, this was a fun event. Deck is public, and will start reporting notes soon.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
So just some quick thoughts about the format while I have a free moment.

This was my deck...

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... 08feb47da7

Ferengi, using In For a Trim. This strategy was aimed at discarding the primary draw engine of most TNG cards; Let's See What's Out There. The secondary function was to rearrange the remaining cards atop the deck, handy to prevent a Borg player from getting any Adapt cards. My main Dilemma combo was the Unscientific/Scientific Method, so rearranging the top of the deck to prevent the opponent drawing into SCIENCE personnel came in handy too.

Battle is quite situational in this format, giving the not-so-easy access to Captain's Log (Tomalak may use his [DL] to get it, so Romulans would have slight superiority when it comes to ship battle)

For Ferengi, Plasma Energy Burst is such an amazing Tactic for battle prevention. In one match, I was able to get a Borg Cube down to attributes 10-16-16 before the opponent said 'screw this!' and ran away. However, I was also running Shades of Gray: Anguish to damage my opponents ships which, combined with the above Tactic, didn't do much damage (no hull reduction or kills) I only had one game where I had a D'Kora close enough to a damaged ship to take advantage of the disabled WEAPONS (The above mentioned Cube situation)

I got an average of 5-6 cards per turn through barbering.

Here are some key cards I remember discarding throughout the tournament using In For a Trim.

Let's See What's Out There
Kivas Fajo - Collector
Klingon Death Yell
Kevin Uxbridge
Thermal Deflectors
Bynars Data Transfer

More notes to follow.....

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In that case well done James :cheersR:

Things I didn't like.

Getting my Kivas Kevin'd over and over. Is the solution to just stock as many Q2s as you do Kevins?

Shades of Gray

Even knowing it's coming it feels ridiculously hard to overcome some of the dilemmas using the TNG personnel skillset. I played Klingon and maybe I should have went Feds.

Borg

Far and away the best affiliation in the format.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I have submitted the results for processing. Thank you everyone for participating. Please remember to link your deck in its best form, and submit as part of the notes what you changed between rounds. There will also be a survey going out later today to ask more about the tournament and the format.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS' report wrote:I saw his J-25 40-point mission near me, so I put down weak dilemmas. An interesting thing happened. When I went to steal it, I cleared most of it. He came in and cleared the rest and completed his objective for 35 points. We then discussed if it was possible for me to solve the mission. We didn't find any rules that say I couldn't, so I solved it for 40 points, plus 5 AMS points. Is this right?
Yes, Borg objectives don't solve the mission, so, as I understand it, the mission is still available for solving unless assimilated. (Planet missions get assimilated, then become no longer solvable.)

Likewise, Borg objectives don't require you to target an unsolved mission, which, as I understand it, is a big reason why Feedback Surge exists.

I find this area of the rules so insanely counterintuitive and rarely-invoked that I often fear I am mistaken about it, so take this with a small grain of salt. But I think you played this correctly.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]