For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
JasonRed3 wrote:Are all missions included? Is there a way to divide missions, or...?
From the first post:
MidnightLich wrote:And, of course, missions - all missions are legal.
Reading is fundamental. :)

Thanks, I missed that.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Good morning ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary friends. I have your pairings for Round 1 of 4 and you'll find them below:
RJ Smith (Russ) vs Paddy Tye (KazonPADD)

geraldkw (geraldkw) vs Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8)

James Heaney (BCSWowbagger) vs Brian S (JeBuS)

Stephen P. (Spectre9) vs Mathew McCalpin (Professor Scott)

Niall Matthew (sexecutioner) vs Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe)

Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest) vs Jason Robinette (JasonRed3)
I would appreciate it if all games could be completed on or before Thursday, June 11. However, if something comes up, please don't hesitate to contact me.

A few notes to consider for this tournament, as it is the first of hopefully a new series:

1) I encourage you to take quick notes about your own experiences during the game. Taking notes about opponent's cards so you can remember stuff is still against the spirit of the rules, but if you find yourself wishing for a card during a game, that would be useful information. (And, tournament reports at the end of the event will be appreciated.)

2) If you find that you, or an opponent, has made a mistake and included an illegal card, please be understanding. This is a new card pool and mistakes are bound to happen. If you notice immediately, please just set the card out of play (unresolved) and continue the game I you notice later, then just remove the card at that time. If you have the card in your deck, correct it and replace it before your next game. If you or your opponent feel that the mistake has serious game implications, save the game, pause playing, and contact me immediately. But hopefully, you can be understanding and move forward. And don't forget that any copy of a card is fine as long as the card has a TNG property logo version.

3) I will be sending you a brief survey shortly to ask about your deck building experience. I'd appreciate your response.

That's it - let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing your results!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 -  
Prophet
BCSWowbagger wrote:James Heaney (BCSWowbagger) vs Brian S (JeBuS)

FW James 100-0
Thank you for the result!

A programming note, because I've received at least one PM on this: this is not a block tournament. The old TNG block is not the card pool that we're using. Instead, we're testing a new card pool that includes all missions and any card that has a TNG property logo (and only cards that have a TNG property logo). You aren't limited to the Core Block List plus the three TNG block expansions - you can take from all cards in the game, as long as they are either a mission or have a TNG property logo. This includes dilemmas, doorways, equipment, events, objectives, personnel, ships, and every other card type.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I should have asked this earlier -- before the event started -- but is deck modification permitted between rounds? In an ordinary tournament, absolutely not. But since this tournament is also a public playtest, and there are some things about my deck I could refine to make it run better / collect better data, I thought it worth asking the question.
 -  
Prophet
BCSWowbagger wrote:I should have asked this earlier -- before the event started -- but is deck modification permitted between rounds? In an ordinary tournament, absolutely not. But since this tournament is also a public playtest, and there are some things about my deck I could refine to make it run better / collect better data, I thought it worth asking the question.
I am leaning towards no. But I encourage you to take note of those ideas and document them so we have the data points. And I'll also turn the question back on the participants: do you want to be able to tweak your deck between rounds? Or should we let it ride, so to speak?

-crp

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Not having played the first game yet, I am kind of on the fence about it. However, I am leaning towards allowing changes, as it makes me feel better that I might be able to fix an oversight in my design, as opposed to trying to meta the field.
 -  
Prophet
KazonPADD wrote:I just played my Round 1 match with Russ. I got the FW 100-25. Always nice to see old players returning to the game, and thanks for the match - good fun!
Result recorded, thank you!

-crp

By Russ
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I also wouldn't mind the ability to change my deck because I know have some build errors, and because a card that was legal I couldn't find being legal when I built the deck. However, I'm also fine with eating my mistake.

KazonPADD wrote:I just played my Round 1 match with Russ. I got the FW 100-25. Always nice to see old players returning to the game, and thanks for the match - good fun!
Thanks for the game!
 -  
Prophet
Anyone else want to weigh in on changing decks? So far, everyone that's spoken up has been in favor of it. I will ask that you keep a copy of each version of their deck, or at least a detailed change log, and that you don't fundamentally alter your deck (i.e. turning a Klingon deck into a Ferengi deck).

-crp
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]