Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Good morning, 'trek fans. As announced in today's article, we will be starting a new tournament series called the Subspace Championship Series running from July 4th through roughly Thanksgiving. First, we want to acknowledge all the great work that is being done online already - by T.D.'s affiliated with the Dojo, the T.D.'s running 1-day events, T.D.'s running Return to Farpoint / Return to Talos IV events, etc. You fellas are doing a wonderful job.

With that said, we are looking to add to the T.D. ranks to help us fill out the Subspace Championship Series all summer long. Any and every kind of tournament can get pulled under this umbrella, from ones already scheduled to new ones hosted just as a part of this. Specifically, I could really use a couple T.D.'s for Tribbles, and am hoping I can also recruit a couple of you to help with hosting the sealed / draft events. Anything else unique you would like to see transpire, please feel free to pitch it. This truly will be a Choose Your Own Adventure-style series, and I hope you will all participate where you are able to.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:I have an evil idea for a simple 1E event where there are these deck limits:
  • 6 Missions (as normal)
  • All 30 seed cards must be dilemmas
  • Your draw deck must be exactly 30 cards
  • Uses OTF rules and ban list
Fascinating.

I see a lot of timed or double deckout games, but sure, it could be an interesting experiment.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
JeBuS wrote:I have an evil idea for a simple 1E event where there are these deck limits:
  • 6 Missions (as normal)
Makes me wonder how many play mechanics allow personnel to play to a location. And how many of those are seedable.

One regular outpost allowed?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
  • 6 Missions (as normal)
Makes me wonder how many play mechanics allow personnel to play to a location. And how many of those are seedable.

The format is meant to be simple. There are Mission IIs with built-in outposts, if you want to seed one.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
JeBuS wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:
  • 6 Missions (as normal)

The format is meant to be simple. There are Mission IIs with built-in outposts, if you want to seed one.
Derp. Forgot about those. :o
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Thank you to all of the volunteers stepping up to run events. With so many willing to help out, for now please input the events you want to run / are willing to run into the tournament system and let me know so I can start flagging them appropriately. You folks are awesome!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Thanks to our awesome IT wizards (yes, wizards) we now have a separate flag for Subspace Series tournaments. If you have any you wish to see flagged, please respond to this thread with the tournament ID so I can flag it appropriately. Thanks, team!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Perhaps a link to the list of qualifications necessary to become a TD would be helpful.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Professor Scott wrote:Perhaps a link to the list of qualifications necessary to become a TD would be helpful.
You're a TD if you want to be. It just means "person who is willing to run a tournament." :D

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:Perhaps a link to the list of qualifications necessary to become a TD would be helpful.
You're a TD if you want to be. It just means "person who is willing to run a tournament." :D

-crp
Wait a sec... when did this happen?

I remember having to take a nerd civil service exam before I could even be considered a Level 1 Director!

Man, they just let anybody in these days! :P
Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]