For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The 2020 Return to Farpoint Series continues to roll on in July 2020.

Building on the theme of the April event, the card pool for this event will be everything that was legal at the 2005 World Championship: Premiere, Energize, Call to Arms, and Necessary Evil, 10th Anniversary, Fractured Time, Reflections 2.0, and Strange New Worlds!

This was the year that Worlds was dominated by the Pulsfort brothers and their infamous broken decks: the "Berlin Wall" - the first deck ever to generate an on-site emergency errata, and the Par Lenor Romulan lockout. However, since most of the problem cards have been errataed, the meta is wide open! Will Klingon Riker come back for more? Will the Strange New Worlds cards lead to more options? Will somebody discover another broken deck diamond in the rough? Only one way to find out: get preregistered today!

The event kicks off on July 3rd.

If we get more than 8 people, I'll add a 4th Round.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Giving this a bump because kickoff is this Friday!

We have 4 registered so far, will there be any other takers or does the bright lights of the now-online US Nationals interview this little side gig?

As a reminder (or in case you haven't heard), this event IS Subspace Series prize-eligible! So if you want to get in on the prize action without going through a 5 round gauntlet, this could be your answer!

In any case, I hope everyone is able to find something to play in that's to their liking. There's choices galore!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok, it looks like we're going with 4 for this event, so it'll be a Round Robin style - everybody play everybody! Schedule at your convenience.

This will be the only pairing announcement, and it's just for bookkeeping (and CVP) purposes, and I'll fill in the blanks as needed.

Round 1:

Game 1: Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8)

Game 2: Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Markus Eberlein (Eberlems)

Round 2:

Game 3: Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)

Game 4: Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8) vs. Markus Eberlein (Eberlems)

Round 3:

Game 5: Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. Markus Eberlein (Eberlems)

Game 6: Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8)

Please try to have all of your games in by July 25th if possible.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:Sykes FW Geppert 100-15

Good Game, Maggie. I love your deck concept! :cheersL:
Good game to you, too!

Too bad I didn't get to execute the concept much. Everyone will see why after the tourney is over. :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MVB FW Sykes 100-75

Good game, sir. Congrats on the 3-0 finish and the tournament win! :cheersL:

All results have been submitted. Once they are finalized I'll let y'all know so you can post decklists and tournament reports if you're so inclined.

Thanks everyone for playing! :cheersL:

The Return to Farpoint series will be on hiatus next month, but will be back in September with a Reflections 2.0 Sealed deck. If you haven't had a chance to play this format before I highly recommend it - it's a lot of fun!

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!