For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 147 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Professor Scott wrote:OK OK, The South has entered the fray!
Awesome, dude!

As a thread bump and a reminder, DECK LISTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT. Ideally, we will have them turned into the secondary T.D.(s) via PM within a week or two of the start time, so that all the decks are cited shortly after the tournament concludes. I will announce the secondary T.D.'s a day or so ahead of the tournament start date, we are just internally hashing out who all is playing and who all is not. Please do not send decklists to me directly, as at this point I am planning to participate as well as run these gigs. If anyone objects to that, please let me know and I will happily sit out. Thanks all! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
LORE wrote:18 players are pre-registered with a little over a week until game time. Can we get over 20 for this once in a lifetime US Nationals starting on the 4th of July? Tune in to find out.

What are you waiting for? GET IN HERE!
We are in the final week before US Nationals kicks off online, and we are now up to 19 players. Can we hit 20? Tune in to find out! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Also, I feel like it goes without saying but pre-registration figures beg to differ. Even though this is US Nationals, it is open to ALL players. And because it is online, what better way for some of our European and Australian friends to get in on the action? So, if you are reading this from the cozy confines of Germany, the United Kingdom, or Australia, please consider pre-registering and getting in on the fun of United States Nationals. See you there! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Attention, tributes, Attention...

There are only a couple days left to pre-register and get in on all the fun as the United States National Championships meld with the Subspace Championship Series in this epic online 1E showdown! Please have your deck list ID numbers handy, and be sure to look for your first round pairings either Friday evening or early Saturday morning. Good luck. And may the odds be ever in your favor...
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
LORE wrote:Attention, tributes, Attention...

There are only a couple days left to pre-register and get in on all the fun as the United States National Championships meld with the Subspace Championship Series in this epic online 1E showdown! Please have your deck list ID numbers handy, and be sure to look for your first round pairings either Friday evening or early Saturday morning. Good luck. And may the odds be ever in your favor...
I guess this means I should build a deck...
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
pfti wrote:I guess this means I should build a deck...
Ha! That is over-rated. I have not started yet either. :shifty:

Looks like we had some additions (welcome, tributes) and are up to 19 (!) participants right now. As I play pretend that I am the Director of Organized Play on Nasty Nate Nerd TV, I suppose I should abide by the Organized Play Guide that I wrote and put forth my attendance / non-attendance in this event. At present, I am planning to play only if it avoids a BYE and will therefore tag in / tag out as needed going forward. That said, I must also officially ask if there is anyone planning to play that has an issue with me playing at all. Anyone... Bueller... Bueller? If there is an issue, and do not be afraid to speak out or tell me privately, I can certainly sit out and just run this thing. It is no big deal to me, either way.

Speak now or forever hold your peace, tributes!
Last edited by LORE on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Final day to register, as we are kicking this event off tomorrow. Right now, we stand at 18 players (without me) and can always use more. If you have not already signed up, what are you waiting for? Get in here!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
lotjx2 wrote:Is it too late to get into this?
Not at all. registration can be found at the top of the post.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Attention, tributes, attention...

In true Oklahoma Sooner fashion, the United States National Championships begins NOW! First round pairings for our 20 combatants are cited below. Going forward, pairings will be announced in this thread on Fridays. Players have until the following week to get together, play and report the result. For this week, that means I expect you all to play your games by July 10th. Results should be reported here via forum post or via PM to yours truly, LORE. As a reminder:

- Lackey and a mutually agreed upon voice communication (Skype, Discord, etc.) are required to play
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout
- You may NOT change your decks between rounds
- Deck lists are REQUIRED - please send the deck ID number to me as soon as possible, preferably within the first two weeks of the event
- Wins, Losses, Byes, and Missed Games for un-scheduled / un-played matches over the course of the event will be handled on a case-by-case basis by me or an outside neutral party (if the game somehow involves me)
- 105 minute time limit per game (players are highly encouraged to enforce this)

First Edition United States National Championship
Format: Constructed
Card Pool: Complete
Rules: Official (OTF)

Round One Pairings:

Jeremy Huth (9of24) vs. Brian Sykes (Armus) - STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH -
Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner) vs. Jason Beyer (sevencrdspud)
Jon Carter (pfti) vs. Austin Chandler (DarkSabre)
BionicMan05 (already shown) vs. Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich)
Adam Warpinski (warpaw) vs. James Heaney (BCSWowbagger)
Brian S. (Jebus) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw)
Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Mathew McCalpin (Professor Scott)
Paddy Tye (KazonPADD) vs. lotjx2 (already shown)
Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) vs. Matthew P (flyinhawaiian)
Stephen P (Spectre9) - BYE

On Standby - Kris Sonsteby (LORE)

It is not too late to sign up, so if anyone is interested in jumping in please respond here or let me know privately. With that said... good luck to all! And may the odds be ever in your favor...
Last edited by LORE on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
In what is possibly the greatest rematch in STCCG History, Sex regains his honour from Jason with a FW 100-93 in a nail biting, blistering match of non stop excitement.

If you excuse me, I'm gonna finish my beer and have a heart attack.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Just played lotjx2. Despite a few technical issues with the sound, we got there in the end! I got the FW 100-0. Thanks for the game! Good fun!

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]