Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
In 2007, the Continuing Committee was created. Picking up the torch from Decipher, they hit the ground running, establishing themselves quickly, releasing virtual expansions, resuming tournaments and the like. Though no longer a publicly traded company, they have resumed a lot of what was left behind and forged their own path.

Over a decade later, one of the members of that community created another place for fans of the games created by Deciphers Star Trek license. Called ‘The Dojo,’ this group quickly became an esteemed place to hang out. As it blossomed, the site quickly grew in scope, having multiple channels that are regularly active. Built on the shoulders of its creator, this group brought together many other groups through sheer force of will.

There has been some mutual benefits between these two disparate groups. The Continuing Committee benefits from the additional number of players. The Dojo benefits by having a platform with which to reward its community. Certainly, new cards are discussed with great fervor in both places when they are spoiled. Most recently, the Committee took advantage of the amazing artists in the Dojo to create cover sheets when they were no longer being produced under internal resources.

As good as the relationship is, it could be better. We don’t need full integration between the two, but there could be a closer arrangement. The Dojo could certainly benefit from additional resources that the Committee possesses and the Committee would love to grow and infuse their site with more attendance. It doesn’t have to be a full merger as the two can have a deeper pairing. Think more ‘going steady’ as opposed to ‘regularly dating.’

Looking specifically at Organized Play and online tournaments, how does the Dojo enhance those features you find on this site? What would enhancing that section and that section only entail? Have you found an event on one and not the other? Tournament Directors, do you use them both as a resource?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ross, this is the third one of these posts you put up.

If this is something you're looking into independent of either organization, it's clearly something you're interested in pursuing.

As such, it might be helpful to articulate your vision. What is it that you're trying to accomplish, and what are the respective paths that you think that the CC and the Dojo should follow to realize that vision?

Even a little of that would go a long way to facilitating discussion on this topic. I'd like to give you more specific feedback, but I'm still not clear on what you're going for.
 -  
Armus wrote:Ross, this is the third one of these posts you put up.
And I've got more! Though the first few paragraphs will be the same.
Armus wrote:If this is something you're looking into independent of either organization, it's clearly something you're interested in pursuing.

As such, it might be helpful to articulate your vision. What is it that you're trying to accomplish, and what are the respective paths that you think that the CC and the Dojo should follow to realize that vision?
Think of the relationship as a continuum. On one end, we have no relationship at all. The Dojo does not link to any cards/articles here. There are no links to tournaments and games played organized by the Dojo are not allowed to be entered into tournaments. On the other extreme, there is full and complete integration where the two are essentially one in the same. The rules here apply to the Dojo and it is considered one in the same.

Like all extremes, both are bad, but right now, we're at the 5-10%, but it's very wobbly. I would like it to be a bit higher/stronger, closer to the 20-25% mark, and a stronger one at that. What that looks like, I don't know, but that's what these posts are for, both here and in the Dojo.
Armus wrote:Even a little of that would go a long way to facilitating discussion on this topic. I'd like to give you more specific feedback, but I'm still not clear on what you're going for.
Note that it's very hard for me to go into details here, since if I ask to let the Dojo use the CC Helicopter (as an example) and that request is denied, it pushes us back.

By willraiman (Will Raiman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well, if you are going to keep posting these, I would like to respectfully suggest one change:
Though no longer a publicly traded company
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to communicate, but AFAIK, neither Decipher nor the CC were ever publicly-traded companies. Perhaps I'm wrong.
 -  
willraiman wrote:Well, if you are going to keep posting these, I would like to respectfully suggest one change:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to communicate, but AFAIK, neither Decipher nor the CC were ever publicly-traded companies. Perhaps I'm wrong.
Decipher was traded under its parent company. But the point is well made. I'll update it before my next post.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
willraiman wrote:Well, if you are going to keep posting these, I would like to respectfully suggest one change:
Decipher was traded under its parent company. But the point is well made. I'll update it before my next post.
Huh? Decipher has never had a parent company, AFAIK. They've always been a privately held company, neither traded nor owned by any other company..
First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
Yeah, I think that someone is misremembering things.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0